ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Bill Wyman!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© From "Rolling with the Stones" by Bill Wyman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rock "N" Rolling Stones - more info Return to archive
December 8th, 2005 07:34 AM
Jair Just arrived at my hands the CD "Rock "N" Rolling Stones, nice digipack package, really pro job.

No info about where it from or who made it (I suspect its from Germany or Belgium, though). The label is white, and theres a figure of an eagle on it, in blue.

The original vinyl was like this?

Seven bonus trax:

Reelin and Rockin' (outtake 1964)
Let It Rock (live 1978) ---------------78?
Sweet Little Sixteen (ditto) -----------78?
Hound Dog (ditto)........from Hansome Girls?
Bye Bye Johnny (live 72)
Chantilly Lace (live 1982??????)
Twenty Flight Rock (live 1981) -----> Still Life???
Down the Road Apiece (ditto) ditto

Thanks for any info regarding the recordings...

[Edited by Jair]
December 8th, 2005 07:40 AM
glencar There was an official release by that title but it only had studio versions of songs. It was not American but I'm not sure what country it was from.
December 8th, 2005 08:13 AM
Gazza "Rock n rolling stones" was a Decca (UK) compilation from 1972

Probably the best of the many Decca repackages made after they left the label. Unlike the others, this one looked like some thought had gone into selecting the tracks, instead of stuff like "Stone Age" and "No Stone Unturned" where it looked like they'd just picked random song titles out of a hat.

Great little collection of rock n rollers, including several Chuck Berry covers.

This was the cover (like all the Decca albums from this era, it was never released on CD):

[Edited by Gazza]
December 8th, 2005 12:19 PM
Jair Thanks Glencar & Gazza!

Yes, isn't official, and I still didn't listen it b/c I'm
at the work right now...hope the bonus be cool...

I'm posting a pic sent by the guy who gave me CD.

I'd wish to know if the vinyl had the same draw...

I remember I've seem the vinyl first time in a local store about 1976, and I bought other records -- no money enough to buy all, so I left Rock "n" Rolling Stones.

Decca should release all those discs, damit! I would buy Rolled Gold, for example, one of the first Stones Records I bought in the 70's...I remember it was the day after a Dizzie Gillespie concert in Porto Alegre...

I am also posting a pic of my dog b/c I'm happy & I think is a nice shot. See him fighting/playing with another dog, and I was just there, with my sony cybershot right in my hands!
Lucky fucky me!!! Well, I could be closer, but...

On the left you see "Betina", a maltes friend of my puppy...

HaVe AlL a NiCe DaY!!!

December 8th, 2005 04:38 PM
glencar Gazza, I had that at one time but I'm not sure if I still do. It had an extended version of ENSTL on it.
December 9th, 2005 03:51 AM
White House Lawn Could some kind soul please e-mail me an MP3 of the 1972 live version of "Bye, Bye Johnny?" I would be eternally grateful!
December 9th, 2005 04:32 AM
Doxa [quote]Gazza wrote:

"Probably the best of the many Decca repackages made after they left the label. Unlike the others, this one looked like some thought had gone into selecting the tracks, instead of stuff like "Stone Age" and "No Stone Unturned" where it looked like they'd just picked random song titles out of a hat."

Gazza, I think you a bit unfair for "No Stone Unturned". There are b-sides and otherwise rare stuff like that ("Whose Driving Your Plane?", "Long Long While", "Child Of The Moon", "Surprise Surprise", etc). Material that was really difficult to find at that time, even in the 80's. I remember being very happy when I got that album. Another good official one was "For Collectors Only" - the title tells it all.

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]
December 9th, 2005 04:50 AM
RollingstonesUSA What is the tracklisting? THANKS!!!!
December 9th, 2005 07:35 AM
Jair
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
What is the tracklisting? THANKS!!!!

Here it this, for No Stone Unturned:

Poison Ivy
The Singer Not The Song
Surprise Surprise
Child of the Moon
Stoned
Sad Day
Money
Congratulations
I'm Moving On
2120 South Michigan Avenue
Long Long While
Who's Driving your Plane

December 9th, 2005 07:41 AM
Jair
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
Could some kind soul please e-mail me an MP3 of the 1972 live version of "Bye, Bye Johnny?" I would be eternally grateful!

If you provide me your email, I can do it, no problem...
Mine is [email protected]

December 9th, 2005 07:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
Doxa wrote:
[quote]Gazza wrote:

"Probably the best of the many Decca repackages made after they left the label. Unlike the others, this one looked like some thought had gone into selecting the tracks, instead of stuff like "Stone Age" and "No Stone Unturned" where it looked like they'd just picked random song titles out of a hat."

Gazza, I think you a bit unfair for "No Stone Unturned". There are b-sides and otherwise rare stuff like that ("Whose Driving Your Plane?", "Long Long While", "Child Of The Moon", "Surprise Surprise", etc). Material that was really difficult to find at that time, even in the 80's. I remember being very happy when I got that album. Another good official one was "For Collectors Only" - the title tells it all.

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]

Fair point

I think the most telling thing with those Decca repackages was that when albums like "Stone Age" came out (which was basically a collection of less known songs plus a few rarities) the Stones took out a full page ad. in all the music papers, signed by the entire band, condemning their old record label for releasing "substandard" product and urging their fans not to buy it

Three decades later, their record label releases an album called "Rarities" which is something along the same lines (although half of it isnt even rarities at all), replete with appallingly inaccurate sleevenotes, carefully edited photos and text to remove all mention of Bill Wyman (who plays on most of the songs), etc - and they seem happy enough to go along with the release of such substandard fodder.

Definitely not the band I grew up following...

(and while I'm in mid-rant - I finally caved in and bought "Rarities" yesterday. Was pleased to see that they had used the 12' extended mix of 'Miss You' and not that Dr Dre nonsense from a couple of years back - and then I listen to it, and its OVER A MINUTE SHORTER THAN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. it's been fucking EDITED. What's the point of that? How the fuck can you release an "edited extended version" of a song? Who ever is control of these decisions should be taken out at dawn and shot like a dog...)
December 9th, 2005 08:07 AM
Nellcote Gazza;

Your last comment towards the assassination of canines deserves clarification.

[Edited by Nellcote]
December 9th, 2005 08:17 AM
Jair
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Gazza;

[Edited by Nellcote]

So??
December 9th, 2005 08:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Gazza;

Shot like a rabid dog, then...

(not ANY old dog..)
December 9th, 2005 08:36 AM
Nellcote Thank you for the consideration of assisting a dog in plight from it's misery.
I'm certain these folks from the Pug Army would've split a gut over this matter.
[Edited by Nellcote]
December 9th, 2005 08:40 AM
gustavobala jair, não to entendendo porra nenhuma, esse rolling ´rock´stones é o mesmo que no stone unturned???

se pósitivo , o que são aquelas musicas no seu primeiro post?

sorry guys, just a question about doubts (in portuguese)
December 9th, 2005 02:13 PM
Bruno Stone Rolled Gold was the first Stones record I heard. You can´t imagine my happiness when I discovered that a auntie of mine had this old LP hidden in her big collection of old records, I was only 13 years old...

And I will never forget how I got impressed by the pic in the inner sleeve, a pic from the 69´ or 70´ tour, I think. The looks, the lights, their stance, so cool.

And hearing Midnight Rambler in LP rocks!
December 10th, 2005 07:59 AM
Jair
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
jair, não to entendendo porra nenhuma, esse rolling ´rock´stones é o mesmo que no stone unturned???

se pósitivo , o que são aquelas musicas no seu primeiro post?

sorry guys, just a question about doubts (in portuguese)

Ai Gustavo, tudo bem?
O Rock N Rolling Stones é um disco, o No Stone Unturned é outro, nenhum dos dois editado oficialmente em CD.

O Rock N Rolling Stones eu comprei de um amigo aí de SP. A tracklisting acima é do No Stone Unturned. Se vc procurá-lo no mercadolivre, por exemplo, vai ver que tem gente vendendo-o lá, por cerca de 30,00 reais, por aí.

No meu primeiro post, são as músicas bonus que estão no Rock N Rolling Stones.

Grande abraço!

[Edited by Jair]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)