ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1985 Bakshi Prods
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 9 hrs, 15 minutes to go Return to archive
12-10-02 08:09 AM
corgi37 until tickets go on sale for the Melbourne show. Now, i have done things a bit different to some, and maybe i will be the loser out of it all, but i am just going to go to the local newsagent and buy a ticket. Now i am worried for several reasons. Visa preferred has stuff all left. But, i am not paying nearly $800 for a ticket and not know where i am sitting. I didnt join the fan club premium international cause i aint forking over $170. So, i went to the newsagent near my work today and was told that cue tickets will be issued at 6am. 6am! Fuck, i dont finish feeding my twin babies until 1, and i have to work, so i have an ingenious plan. I work, as a public servant, at a cop shop near this newsagent. I emailed one of the coppers on nightshift if he could pop in around 6am and get me a cue ticket so i can have a good place in line for the 9am sell. Still, i dont think i will get tickets to the show. She told me about 40 people are already going to line up. Multiply that by about 150 outlets in Victoria, and it doesnt look good. i reckon the show will sell out easily and quickly. But, i am not too worried. There is a 8 day gap between this Melbourne show and the next gig in Brisbane. there will be 2, maybe 3 melbourne shows. i am determined to get floor seats, within 1st 10 rows. also a cool thing happened at work. 2 slinky 22 year old honeys came in to the cop shop to collect a wallet. the girl who owned it was rapt her $180 was still in it. i joked to her saying she can use it to see the stones, pretty much thinking the bimbos wouldnt know who they were. but i was delighted when they told me they were going. 1 of them said they grew up with their music via older brothers. i then ranted and raved for 10 minutes about when i saw jagger solo, then voodoo lounge, about their amazing stage craft, the songs they might play. i went on and on, a little like this post. anyway, time will tell tomorrow if i am successful, but i am more than happy to see them at their 2nd Melbourne gig. i just want to get one of keiths picks.