ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1985 Bakshi Prods
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ever had one of those weekends... Return to archive
12-09-02 07:54 PM
Scot Rocks where everything just goes wrong!!!!!!!!!????

Picture the scene , thursday night 1am, 1/4 of an essay done, due the next day, not feeling so good, worries about Stones public sale, so I decide to just go to sleep, as well I wasn't going to get anymore work done and I wanted to be ready for 9am!!! - well priorities!!!lol - Anyway, I wake up early, not feeling so good, however the thought of me being in possesion of Stones tickets in the very near future makes feel a little better, so I decide just to go and get setup straight away, so I try and log on to the net, for the ticketmaster website...nothing happens. I try again still nothing, my ill feeling abruptly becomes more obvious, I couldn't believe it, the first time I really needed the net and it had decided to fuckin break even with broadband too. So well there was always plan B I pick up the phone to dial directory inquires for ticketmaster, however something is strange, the phone is making a strange noise and it won't let me dial anyone...

The time is now 8.50am and I am really panicking now, no internet, no phone, a 1/4 completed essay due in at 4pm and not a nice feeling in my stomach. Right I think there must be another way of communication it is the 21st century and it's not like I am in the highlands lol. I realise yess, my mobile phone, the last chance, quickly I dial before realising to my horror that I am out of cash on it (time is now 8.56am) thankfully my debit card is near and I add some money to my phone and get through to directory inquirees get the number and dial!!!! the time is now 9.01am and for the next 45min I hear a beep beep beep sound, my spirits deflated and my feeling of hopelessness increasing I give up as I try to get some of my essay done...

Yet to no avail, I Quickly realise that it is impossible, my head now hurts really badly and I have a feeling in my stomach which was not good at all, so I lie down...

And that was me for the rest of the weekend I was in bed with the flu, wasn't able to go to the Old Firm game, for which I had a ticket and I dispairingly watched from my bed as Rangers won 3-2.

Today I handed in my essay after rushing through it today and last night, however I don't feel so badly about things now, although I am dissapointed about last weeks unfortunate events at the time, there is no doubt that more shows will be announced and I still have a chance of going and well I got my essay in...just!!! and I am over the flu and listening to Love You Live - "Crackin Up", that song always cheers me up.

Well anyway, just had to get that off my chest, I feel even better now, speak to everyone later.

Well done to everyone who got tickets!!!!!

I'll still hopefully see some of you there.

Ciao

Regards

Mark

ps you may wonder why my phone and internet was cut off, well my dad who was away early that day forgot to pay the bill...
12-09-02 10:52 PM
Jaxx i hate to sound cliche, but you get what you need. i have been forced to sell concert tix and i have been stashed out so many times i can't count it anymore. life goes on. i have been through hell and back these last 2 months, yet live to tell. failure to score stones club tix is the least of my problems. be thankful for your health and for the fact you got your essay done.
12-10-02 12:37 AM
Sir Stonesalot Dude!

Go to the shows anyway. You'll pick up a ticket for below face value before showtime. There's ALWAYS extras for sale in the parking lots, and nearby pubs.

Have faith, just go.
12-10-02 02:01 AM
Moonisup SS is right!

I know that in 1995 the tix where available for 15 guilder (3 pounds) at showtime,so no need to worry

rik
12-10-02 06:02 AM
FotiniD Mark, I just totaly understand... Have faith, I'm also positive they will announce more dates and at the end we'll all be there singing our lungs out, hopefully

As about tickets being available outside the venues, I suppose it does happen but it's kind of hard to plan the whole thing if you live abroad... I have to have the tickets in hand in order to take the plane and fly to Sweden or Holland or wherever. It's not that I don't want to risk it, it's that I can't afford it So here's hoping to more dates being announced and more stabile internet servers

We'll make it! (Sudden stroke of optimism )
12-10-02 08:19 AM
Scot Rocks Thanks for the replies people, i didn't post for sympathy or anything, just to get to tell a little story about a crap weekend and it did feel good after I posted it. Jaxx I totally understand where you are coming from, we all have events in our life that put things like this into perspective and I know somehow I will be seeing the Stones next year...I hope.

Cheers

Mark

12-10-02 09:07 AM
nankerphelge Sorry to hear you had such a bad weekend. I had a bad one the weekend before -- got wresting with my daughter and she gave me a head-butt to the right eye -- ended up with a black eye. She felt so bad that she head-butted the left eye this weekend so that it would match! It worked -- left eye is a purple mess today -- thank god the right eye has healed and is only yellow now!!

Yeah....I look like hell!
12-10-02 09:16 AM
Chico Sorry to hear Mark. I wouldn't worry toooo much. The last time round, there was plenty of tickets going for sale for Murrayfield from local papers and friends and relatives I knew, or from a man who knows a man who knows a woman who, well you get the picture. For face value as well, not that thats anything to get excited about. To keep a Scottish Stones fanatic like yourself out of next years spectacle would be an act of grave injustice cuz there aint much of us going around as Im sure ye know.
12-10-02 11:21 AM
Honky Tonk Man Mark, im so sorry to read this bad news. It is so unlucky. Anyway, as this is really a farwell tour, they are going to play Murryfield.

Sorry to hear about Rangers beating Celtic too. These old firm clashes are alwaya tough!

Anyway, im a happy man. Manutd beat Liverpool 2-0 and then beat Arsenal 2-0!

Alex