ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1985 Bakshi Prods
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GNR - The more things change..... Return to archive
12-08-02 12:31 PM
Daniel Raymond Hello

Saw this little item in the local paper...

UNRULY ROCK FANS STIR CALL FOR COPS

(Philadelphia)

Fans at a sold out rock show became unruly after the group Guns N' Roses failed to appear, and police were called to the concert arena, officials said.

Witnesses at the First Union Center on Friday night reported angry fans yelling and cursing, some throwing bottles and chairs, and ripping up plants, but a spokesman for the arena operator denied the accounts. Several fights were reported.

A spokesman for the arena operator said officials were called shortly after 11pm Friday and told one member of Guns N' Roses was ill, and that the band would not be able to perform. Members of the audience left "in an orderly fashion," he said. The sold-out concert drew an estimated 14,000 fans.

-dan
12-09-02 12:16 PM
Busch1 I had free tix to the Sunday show in Philly, and was actually looking forward to seeing the spectacle. Apparently, Axl didn't show Friday because he was pissed about a party he was at in NYC the night before. It was a party for some photographer's transgender muse (I have no idea what that's about) and it was a "fur free" party, and Axl refused to take off his fur coat and got thrown out. He stayed mad and pouted all day Friday and didn't show. The local promoter and Comcast-Spectacor told them to stick it for Sunday too.
I have to admit I was a Guns fan, and I've heard this band he put together is actually pretty good. Being a huge Replacements fan, I was looking forward to seeing Tommy Stinson out there. Oh well. Rock 'n' Roll excess I guess.
12-09-02 01:05 PM
quackenbush Why did Axle bother to make a comeback if he knew he wouldn't keep his commitmants? He could stick to making records rather than touring; hardcore GNR fans would buy the albums.
12-09-02 01:36 PM
Street Fighting Man Axl Rose has always been very eratic.

I remember watching the VH1 Metallica "Behind The Music" where Axl Rose refused to go on for fear of being upstaged after James Hatfield accidently set himself on fire! Crazy stuff.