ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1985 Bakshi Prods
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: not the stones fault blame the ticket companies Return to archive
12-07-02 04:03 PM
masoudi Ive been reading with interest all the cock ups people have had with trying to get tickets and the pre sale thing for members. It seem that some countries have had a nightmare and blame the stones for that one. In australia we had the pre sale for the enmore theatre (2000 people) and the arena shows. Besides not knowing the exact time they were being released all worked out beautifully and all the stones freaks I know got tickets. I believe that it is the individual agency responsible for the tickets who is to balme for any stuff ups. The stones obviously assign different ticket companies to do their ticketing and allow a certain amount for their fan club. If the ticket company isnt organised or screws up then that is their fault and not the stones. I mean jesus they have to trust that these ticketing organisation know what they are doing. In australia it was done very smoothly and fanclub members had hours to get tickets and I know people all over aussie and the world were trying to get them. In short Im a fuckin happy chappy as i got my two standing tickets in front of the stage for the smallest venue on the aussie tour. If I didnt have a fanclub membership I would have missed out. Ticketmaster here is aussie cocked it up in the morning the tickets were meant to appear but fixed it all as soon as possible wihin a few hours and all was smooth sailing. Ive never been so nervous to buy a ticket and I shook like a moron trying to type fast enough but thats all part of the fun. Im sorry for all the pissed off fans who feel the stones are only after their money but jesus look at what we get in return. I blame the ticket companies who arent prepared. Its easy to get angry about something you want so bad but is there a perfect system when there are so many nutters like us fans who demand that if we want a ticket we get one when there are a shitload of other factors to consider. Maybe Im just being nice because IM BUZZING THAT IM SEEING THE BOYS AT THE ENMORE THEATRE ON THE 18TH OF FEB 2003!!!!!!!!
12-07-02 04:06 PM
Moonisup the stones signed the contract

not me
12-07-02 07:55 PM
Gazza I'm delighted I got Astoria tickets on the pre-sale.

However,thats not gonna cloud my opinion that the whole ticketing thing is a scam and a fuck up (as on every tour) and the Stones care little or nothing about it. Even worse,theyve learnt little from previous fuck-ups.

Wembley sells out in fifteen minutes. Most people from what can see who DID get through (and that was a tiny percentage)got offered the shittiest seats available. I personally got onto the ticketpage the moment they went on sale yet NOTHING was available in any quantity at any price.

meanwhile some scam artist c*** of a ticketbroker on e-bay somehow has 57 tickets available starting out at about triple their face value...go figure !

They hire these people..as the man says,they signed the contracts. No buck passing
12-08-02 05:51 AM
corgi37 yeah, Gazza, you are pretty spot on. Last time the stones came out here in 95, i went through a ticket broker. I had to pay this company $30 above prices to secure so-called best seats. Trouble was, as it was the 1st stones tour in 22 years, every man and his dog wanted the best seats. The stones played here in Melbourne at the Mcg. 1st show had about 70,000, 2nd show about 55,000. This agency got me shit seats in the stands. No floor tickets were available. But, mind you, every footballer, cricketer, soapie star, tv host, society whore, slimy car dealer got great seats. Oh, and dont forget Ansett, Qantas, the promoter, the sponsors - they all got the best seats. So while the band were doing a awesome set in perfect weather, the front rows were full of ass holes who couldnt give a fuck about the band and probably wondered where mick taylor was. It happens to every major event. Fellow Victorians will know how hard it is to get Grand Final tickets. I must say though that this tour looks alot fairer. I think the combination of pretty fair ticket prices and smaller venues mean the stones cant afford to give out too many tickets to the hangers on.
12-08-02 06:23 AM
Moonisup every single person who sells the tix more expensive then the original prize is a broker and should be shot
12-09-02 12:33 PM
egon moon, guess what i am?
12-09-02 05:25 PM
jb Corgi..I wish I only had to pay the ticket brokers a 30 dollar surcharge...I have been paying about a 1200.00 dollar charge for seats in the first few rows!!!
12-10-02 09:15 PM
200Z I would have to agree on how easy it was to get tickets here in Australia. I joined the fan club a couple of days before the presale when I found out the Enmore was going to be a venue. Luckily the presale started about 4.00pm (not midnight) and I was able to get tickets straight away.I reckoned even paying $170 to join the fan club + $127 for the tickets was a good deal. If someone had said you can by 2 tickets to see the Stones in a small theatre for $148.50 (US$77) each you would jump at the chance. I was told afterwards that the fan club was in Get Tickets mode for nearly 5 to 6 hours for the Enmore.
I was lucky that I saw the email from the fan club advising the start of the presale at the right time but after that the system worked exactly how it should.I know alot of people elsewhere in the world have had problems with getting tickets but at least here's one example of how it should work.