ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!"

Keith Richards. Stu's funeral - New York City 1985
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A VERY Cool Website! Return to archive
6th December 2006 08:29 PM
Riffhard I rarely read that POS rag Rolling Stone anymore,but at the radio station we get a free subscription so every now and again I check it out just for shits and giggles. Well the latest issue has an article about the website Wolfgang's Vault. This site has literaly hundreds of streaming concerts from Fillmore East andWest online for absolutly free! Everything form Taj Mahal,Traffic,The Band,The Clash,The Who,Led Zep,and many others. Go check it out you won't be disappointed! All you have to do is register and listen to your heart's content. Most concerts are of very good quality,and most also capture the bands at their peek.

Go here--->http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/home.aspx

Riffy
6th December 2006 08:38 PM
robpop Excellent find. I just brosed though it. Are memberships (registrations) free?
[Edited by robpop]
6th December 2006 08:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
robpop wrote:
Excellent find. I just brosed though it. Are memberships (registrations) free?
[Edited by robpop]

Yeah absolutely free! It only takes seconds to register and then you're in. I'm listening to The Clash from 1978 right now! Now if I can just figure out a way to burn these concerts to a disk!

Riffy
6th December 2006 08:47 PM
robpop
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Yeah absolutely free! It only takes seconds to register and then you're in. I'm listening to The Clash from 1978 right now! Now if I can just figure out a way to burn these concerts to a disk!

Riffy

Thanks. Let us know if you find away to get in on a disk. Going to sign up now!!!!
6th December 2006 08:51 PM
Riffhard And Gazza there's a three plus hour Springsteen show from Winterland that is brilliant!

Riffy
6th December 2006 09:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG You beat me to it, Riffy..

I shared the link with Mr. Gazza last night and was gonna post here today...

Great site
6th December 2006 09:15 PM
mrhipfl great site, thanks! By the way, another really great website is www.pandora.com. It helps you find new music.
6th December 2006 09:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It's one of the greatest websites, one of my favs since it started some years ago. I have posted here several tracks captured from the radio station on that website, specifically The Jeff Beck Group live with Woody and Nicky and John Mayall with Mick Taylor

The webradio station use to alternate track lists

For those who are not familiar "Wolfgang" is the legendary Bill Graham and the website is based in his huge collection of tapes, paraphernalia and collection of rock in the greatest era: Late 60s to mid 70s (of course the collection expands later than mid 70s
6th December 2006 09:41 PM
PartyDoll MEG So Voodoo...If you knew about this great web site..how come you did not share with us sooner?

And I'm sure you know how to get(make) me a copy of that Bruce Winterland show, right?
6th December 2006 09:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
So Voodoo...If you knew about this great web site..how come you did not share with us sooner?

LOL MEG!

Everytime I post tracks from the webradio in that website I give the link and mention who's rotating, the webradio is not on demand so you need to be there to capture what you want. I have my computer connected to my stereo on both "Net Audio" and "CD" so I can save the music from any streaming signal

6th December 2006 09:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

LOL MEG!

Everytime I post tracks from the webradio in that website I give the link and mention who's rotating, the webradio is not on demand so you need to be there to capture what you want. I have my computer connected to my stereo on both "Net Audio" and "CD" so I can save the music from any streaming signal

Ah......You are my Friend, no????!!!!!
6th December 2006 10:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Ah......You are my Friend, no????!!!!!

More than that! And friends are forever
6th December 2006 11:55 PM
glencar Nice find!
7th December 2006 01:16 AM
Riffhard I'll have my "burnin' shoes" on for some time with this site! I was wondering how I could burn this stuff,and then it dawned on me. I work in a goddamned radio station!!! I burned the Bob Marley show in our production studio into Cool Edit Pro,and then burned it onto two disks. Sounds fekkin' great!

Next up Muddy Waters live at the Fillmore 1966! That one sounds great too. Some much music so little time!

Riffy
7th December 2006 01:32 AM
Brainbell Jangler Very cool indeed. Thanks.
7th December 2006 03:12 AM
robpop
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riff, how was the Clash show?. I would listen but I need to get to bed. The Springsteen thing was awesome. I am a huge Clash fan, and I wish I could have seen them.

Riffy
[/quote]

[Edited by robpop]
7th December 2006 03:58 AM
albert anyone here who can tell/explain if there is a simple way for downloading from this great website?

thanx,
Albert
Holland
7th December 2006 09:06 AM
Bitch Yes I've snagged many a pic from Wolfgang's vault, some of the cool older icons are there, including old ticket stubs, posters and backstage passes, etc. Very cool collection of material. I didnt realize it was Bill Graham, that would make sense because of the extensive amount of material there. It's FANTASTIC.
7th December 2006 12:55 PM
monkey_man The site was created by someone that had nothing to do with BPG. Sagan happened to have the foresight when Clear Vulture (Channel)started chopping the company up and sold off the archives.
[Edited by monkey_man]
7th December 2006 02:11 PM
dirtyden give the black sabbath pick of the week a listen-AWESOME !
7th December 2006 02:13 PM
dirtyden PLEASE SOMEONE WORK OUT HOW TO BURN THIS SHIT ?
7th December 2006 02:29 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
dirtyden wrote:
PLEASE SOMEONE WORK OUT HOW TO BURN THIS SHIT ?

I second that!! Nice to see ya postin', Denis!!!
7th December 2006 03:09 PM
Voodoo Scrounge Good site. Im really enjoying some of this stuff. There are some arists on there which I had never listened to before. But today I have had it on in the backround at work and have enjoyed hearing this stuff!

Thanks
7th December 2006 04:37 PM
dirtyden Good to hear from you meg.......belfast was a blast.......keep up the water intake !!!!!!!!
7th December 2006 05:05 PM
rasputin56 I've had the Vault and Radio bookmarked for quite some time. There is a tremendous amount of great stuff that has been just sitting around there. My guess is what he has released on the site is just a fraction of the stuff that's still in hiding.

The Bruce Winterland is pretty close to the audio that we all have already. If they really want to impress me, whip out the video.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)