ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!"

Keith Richards. Stu's funeral - New York City 1985
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: best post Tattoo You album has to be!!!.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th December 2006 01:37 PM
marko Voodoo Lounge.I think,ABB is one of the worst albums,a
real dissapointment after 8years.
6th December 2006 01:50 PM
tumbling dice
I donīt know...Voodoo Lounge is the first one that they did like mature men,they finally assumed their age and it reflects in the songs.The tracks are a little introspective and it got a lot of ballads.Itīs contraditory because rockīnīroll is party music and VL is not a party album.In ABB they did the same kind of job but it got more fast numbers.B2B and Undercover are more experimental,the texture and production are more radio friendly but it lacks of soul(with the exception of Keithīs ballads).Dirty Work is a guitar album ,very stonesy but it suffers with the same problem and Mick was really not singing very well around that time.Steel wheels is a slick production.Mixed Emotions is a strong track and the two Keith songs are great too but the others songs are weak.
6th December 2006 02:44 PM
deuce Bridges To Babylon is the best post Tattoo You album. Some strong rockers, experimental, and Keith was still playing well.
6th December 2006 02:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
deuce wrote:
Bridges To Babylon is the best post Tattoo You album. Some strong rockers, experimental, and Keith was still playing well.

you mean Waddy Wachtel was playing well
6th December 2006 02:57 PM
Dan
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:

I donīt know...Voodoo Lounge is the first one that they did like mature men,they finally assumed their age and it reflects in the songs.

I wanna fuck your sweet.... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!
6th December 2006 03:56 PM
Bob Tamp ABB all the way
6th December 2006 07:39 PM
Egbert Post TY rankings:

1. B2B
2. Undercover
3. Dirty Work (best top 5 songs of any of these...but also worst bottom 5)
4. Steel Wheels
5. ABB
6. Voodoo Lounge (sounds great, but BORING tunes)
6th December 2006 07:48 PM
PeerQueer Undercover...

Although One Hit to the Body remains a great Stones tune from perhaps their most volatile album. I do believe they have not had that kind of volatility since then because they simply don't care as much. They all get down to business, keep it reasonably friendly, and fly on back home. Back then, they still loved the music - Keith especially, and were willing to fight over it. (great interview on youtube regarding the making of Dirty Work - check it out!)

I heard Rock and a Hard Place the other day and it actually sounded pretty good. It has held up well over the years. I dusted it off and have been spinning it steady for the last couple of days.

Given the current times, I now dub it "Between Iraq and a Hard Place" The lyrics fit nicely into that title...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)