ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!"

Keith Richards. Stu's funeral - New York City 1985
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: R.I.P Mummy Corgi Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th December 2006 03:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot My sincere condolences to you and yours Corgi. Best wishes for the weeks and months ahead, it's rough.
5th December 2006 03:42 PM
Dick Bush Corgi,

Nothing is real, even the death is a plain illusion.

Take care.
5th December 2006 03:46 PM
GotToRollMe I'm very sorry for your loss, Corgi. It's true - nobody loves you like your mum. Keep her in your heart forever and she'll always be with you.
5th December 2006 03:54 PM
stewed & Keefed My deepest sympathy
5th December 2006 03:55 PM
mrhipfl Even though I don't really know you, I am very sorry for what you're going through. I know how hard it is. I went through the same thing (and still am going through it) with my mom when she passed away last April due to lung cancer. I hope someday mankind will find a cure for this disease. It destroys the body, mind, and spirit. I hope your mother, unlike mine, had a long, full life.
5th December 2006 04:11 PM
playguitar
Best wishes and sincere condolences. God rest her soul.
5th December 2006 04:52 PM
Soldatti All my prayers are with you and your family Corgi, take care.
5th December 2006 05:05 PM
SweetVirginia Heartfelt condolences, Corgi.
So sorry for your loss.
5th December 2006 05:06 PM
Factory Girl My dear corgi,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family.

RIP Mummy Corgi.

Many Hugs to you my friend,

FG
5th December 2006 05:31 PM
Phog Sorry to hear this Corgi. My sympathies to you and your family.
5th December 2006 05:42 PM
Some Guy God Bless You.
5th December 2006 07:01 PM
Voodoo Scrounge My heartfelt condolences to you Corgi.

God bless you mate

Strength to yourself and your familly over the next few hard weeks.
5th December 2006 07:13 PM
Madafaka I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences.
5th December 2006 07:26 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Hey guys. If you recall, i mentioned a couple of months ago my Mum was really stuffed with cancer. Well, the end has come. My Mum died peacefully tonight.

As far as women go, she was it. But, i guess we all feel that about our Mothers.

She told me many times - "You can have heaps of girlfriends, even many wives...but you only have 1 Mum".

I was a fucker of a teen when she said that, but even then, i agreed.

I agree more so now.

I know what you mean man. I drove my mother crazy, raising hell and partying. She died of cancer a few years ago,but despite my hell raising, she still made sure and left behind a very nice inheritance. I'd give it all back in a second, to have more time with her. God Bless.
5th December 2006 07:48 PM
time is on my side So sorry to hear of your loss. No words can really be spoken to ease the pain. Mothers are so special. We only have one. Their selfless love, spiritual guidance, and wisdom is always with us even if the physical being has completed the journey we all must someday take.

5th December 2006 08:50 PM
Daethgod hang in there Corgster
got a tear in my eye when i saw the news
be strong dude

catch up soon
5th December 2006 09:44 PM
moy my most sincere condolences corgi all my prayers are with you and your relatives, god bless her
5th December 2006 10:41 PM
Tom So sorry Corgi, really
6th December 2006 02:56 AM
FotiniD Very sorry to hear this Corgi
Hang in there, what LJ said is right - she'll always stay by your side.
God bless.
6th December 2006 04:34 AM
RSRTG my condolences to u and ur family corgi.
6th December 2006 06:41 AM
Zack Sympathies, mate. Be strong and carry on. No other choice.
6th December 2006 09:13 AM
Bob Tamp Corgi, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
6th December 2006 09:16 AM
corgi37 Can you dig this? This is my 4,000th post! I had been watching the counter the past week or so, but never realised this milestone would come with such a important post.

To all of you, thanks so much. I am so touched. I've been pretty good so far, but it's starting to catch up. I know i am not alone. And i aint Robinson Crusoe on losing a parent. This thing is, fingers crossed, it should happen to everyone. Circle of life and all that. The worst thing i could ever imagine would be for my kids to go before me. My wife and i have twins. They were born at around 30 weeks. Pretty prem. Prior to that, we lost a baby that was about 35 weeks. She was perfect, except her heart. That should just not happen. THAT was the hardest time of my life.

Riffy - Man, you made me cry. I havent really let go yet (tear wise i mean) but your message was special. It helped buddy. As have all you guys messages. I hope 1 day ya'll can come down under. I know Daeth and i would love to meet ya's! And, Daeth, you are a special bloke. You and Mrs. Daeth. We are proud to know you, and give me some time, and we are sooooooo gonna catch up.

I had 2nd thoughts on posting my grief, but i am glad i did.

We are doing the planning for the funeral today (which is the most surreal thing i have ever done!), and the subject of music came up. I kept my mouth shut, though my Sister insisted on NO STONES! - Well, she would. She's a Beatles fan. Anyway, i said "sure" - You know, oldies stuff. Mum was 74. But, my Sis reminded me that when i was in a cheeky mood, i would blast "Starfucker" through my stereo to annoy my Mum.

There will be no Stones. But, i thought "Almost hear you sigh" would have been nice. Except the "Feel your tongue on mine" line. I also thought "Winter" would be ok. And, just now, i thought "Shine a light". Except, "Saw you stretched out, in roooooooooooooooooom 10-0-9"... might not be too appropriate. Mum never smoked, and really, never drank.

Alas, it'll probably be Robbie Williams "Angels" and "Unforgettable" by Nat Cole. One thing, it aint gonna be "Tears in Heaven"! Mum liked Dusty Springfield, so i am gonna look into her catalogue for something correct.

But, (and i have gone on too long about this, but please allow me this indulgence) after the funeral (its this Monday) and i am on my own - I've demanded "me" time for a bit - i can 110000% guarantee that i will play the above Stones songs. For me.

And, i WILL play "Starfucker" for my Mum. Sounds odd. Maybe disrespectful, but i know she'd appreciate it.

And she'll probably haunt the crap out of me that night.

Again, from myself and my family, thank you all so very much.
[Edited by corgi37]
6th December 2006 09:25 AM
Irina My sincere condolences to You, Corgi
My thoughts are with You
6th December 2006 09:27 AM
Bob Tamp Corgi, my thoughts are with you and your family.
Hang in there, kid
6th December 2006 09:29 AM
LadyJane Corgi..don't apologize.

It helps to "talk" here. You are among friends.

Take that "me" time and blast Starfucker LOUD. Your Mum will appreciate it.

Good luck with the arrangements. Surreal is the perfect word to describe it.

Stay strong.

LJ.
6th December 2006 01:38 PM
glencar I bet yer Mum learned to love Starfucker when you were blasting it in your cheeky moods. That music has its ways...
7th December 2006 01:59 AM
Brainbell Jangler So sorry about your loss, Corgi. It is a comfort that she passed peacefully.

If it's not too late, I have a suggestion of a Dusty Springfield song that may be appropriate for a solemn occassion: "So Much Love" from the Dusty In Memphis album. Here's a link to the lyrics (some don't fit, but I think you may find that most will).

http://home.pacific.net.au/~grantwww/dusty/lyrics/somuchlove.txt
7th December 2006 05:08 AM
Homercles My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your Mum.
Best wishes mate.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)