ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!"

Keith Richards. Stu's funeral - New York City 1985
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nippon Voodoo DVD(Tokyo 12.3.1995) Return to archive
2nd December 2006 05:33 AM
marko Now,this is the band i wanna hear and see,what a band,what
a set list.Keiths all over the place.Really loud.
Highly recommed dvd,and a cd ofcourse.
2nd December 2006 09:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I uploaded this video to YouTube, it comes from that show taken from my Laser Disc, great now it was released as a DVD it's great

This is it

2nd December 2006 09:59 AM
sammy davis jr. Thanks Voodoo....nice version.
2nd December 2006 10:16 AM
Gazza Oddly enough, as much as I like that tour, thats a show I didnt care for. By Stones standards, I found the performance pretty flat. The show in Rio is much better
2nd December 2006 11:20 AM
GotToRollMe Yet another reason why Voodoo is an internet legend!
2nd December 2006 11:22 AM
Dan
quote:
marko wrote:
Now,this is the band i wanna hear and see,what a band,what
a set list.Keiths all over the place.

And right in Ronnie's eye!
2nd December 2006 01:09 PM
Bruno
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Oddly enough, as much as I like that tour, thats a show I didnt care for. By Stones standards, I found the performance pretty flat. The show in Rio is much better

Is this the Tokyo Dome show?

The show in Rio, you mean the one broadcasted by Globo? If yes, I agree itīs a fantastic show and it has the better Street Fighting Man Iīve ever heard, that ending is fantastic, Chuck rocks there (no kidding). Unfortunatelly, Keithīs a bit low in the mix, imo.
2nd December 2006 01:32 PM
Gazza yes..those two

They did several broadcasted shows in a short time frame

Miami (November), Rio, Buenos Aires,Santiago and Johannesburg (February) and Tokyo (March)

Just couldnt get into the Tokyo one. A lot of people seem to dislike Miami for some reason, but I really like it. The first time they ever used the 'mini stage' concept and it was quite a thrill to see that at the time. Still gives me goosebumps

Rio is excellent. I seem to remember our friend Silkcut1978 going all the way to Rio from Austria for those shows and sending me a postcard from the Maracana Stadium. Lucky bastardo! My fave part of that show is during the slow part of 'Midnight Rambler' where Keith gets so into the spirit of the song that he pulls one of the scariest facial expressions I've EVER seen in my life. Bone-chilling.
2nd December 2006 03:04 PM
Bruno
quote:
Gazza wrote:

My fave part of that show is during the slow part of 'Midnight Rambler' where Keith gets so into the spirit of the song that he pulls one of the scariest facial expressions I've EVER seen in my life. Bone-chilling.

YEAH! When he has the pick in his mouth! That is truly scary! If I remember right, in that bit the cameras keep switching from Mick to Keith and the result is beautiful.

Few years ago I pick up a VEJA magazine from the time and they said that in the night before Keith spent the whole night listening to classical music real loud and Mick could not sleep, making him change his room. Donīt know if itīs reliable or just bullshit.
[Edited by Bruno]
2nd December 2006 03:13 PM
glencar Much better than it sounded earlier in the US portion of the tour.
2nd December 2006 05:49 PM
Navin
Nippon Vooodoo is probably the only live Stones official release in its entirety without any song cuts or edits...this came out as a 2-LD set in Japan and the date, if I am right is March 12, 1995

http://toru.com/sv/ld/index.html
2nd December 2006 06:29 PM
glencar Is it available in the rest of the world?
3rd December 2006 01:31 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Rio is excellent. I seem to remember our friend Silkcut1978 going all the way to Rio from Austria for those shows and sending me a postcard from the Maracana Stadium. Lucky bastardo! My fave part of that show is during the slow part of 'Midnight Rambler' where Keith gets so into the spirit of the song that he pulls one of the scariest facial expressions I've EVER seen in my life. Bone-chilling.

I need to see this, post-haste! Someone, anyone, please point me in the right direction! TIA!
3rd December 2006 03:49 AM
marko Well,RIO is the SHOW of the tour,and specially Midnight
rambler.Tokyo is a bit flat,but playing is ex,top notch.
3rd December 2006 07:17 AM
Jumping Jack My vote goes to Voodoo Halloween as the best DVD of the tour.
3rd December 2006 11:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I need to see this, post-haste! Someone, anyone, please point me in the right direction! TIA!

I have it. I'll mail you a copy.
3rd December 2006 12:14 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I have it. I'll mail you a copy.

Aw, thank you, Gazza! You're a god amongst men!
I look forward to Keith's scary mug!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
6th December 2006 07:27 AM
Honky Tonk Man What about the Giants Stadium video, available as a souvenir at concerts? I’ve tried looking for it on the setlist page, but am not sure which show it is. Is it the same footage as what was on the actual tour video or was that all taken from the Miami Pay per view?
6th December 2006 07:37 AM
FotiniD I'm downloading Rio but it's taking forever. Would appreciate a nice screenshot of the monsterous Keith expression
6th December 2006 08:25 AM
Bruno
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I'm downloading Rio but it's taking forever. Would appreciate a nice screenshot of the monsterous Keith expression

Iīll try to get it.
6th December 2006 08:52 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Bruno wrote:

Few years ago I pick up a VEJA magazine from the time and they said that in the night before Keith spent the whole night listening to classical music real loud and Mick could not sleep, making him change his room. Donīt know if itīs reliable or just bullshit.
[Edited by Bruno]

i remember from these, folha de são paulo says too, but was in são paulo, not in rio!

they are in maksoud plaza hotel!
7th December 2006 11:19 PM
Bruno Vacilei, foi em SP...

abraįo!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)