ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!"

Keith Richards. Stu's funeral - New York City 1985
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: do you think Dylan hates Mick? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th December 2006 07:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Ya mean this one? I absolutely loved this album and this tour. And I have to agree with you about the audience. After watching this year's River Plate Stadium gig, I was in awe of the Buenos Aires crowd.

have you seen the 1998 one? Bloody hell...
5th December 2006 07:22 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

have you seen the 1998 one? Bloody hell...

No, but if it's anything like this year's, I wouldn't complain if someone happened to send it my way...
5th December 2006 07:25 AM
Gazza fuckin' walked right into THAT one, didnt I....
5th December 2006 07:29 AM
GotToRollMe Stepped right in the middle of it...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
5th December 2006 08:37 AM
WJ
quote:
Gazza wrote:
That now makes two songs on the same album that are 'supposedly' about Brian Jones, if you believe the 'Ballad of a thin man' crap.

You don't believe Ballad of a thin man is about Brian? Oh please, everyone knows it is. It's a well known fact.

Gazz?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
5th December 2006 08:52 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

J'Accuse! Blasphémateur! Hérétique!

Do I need Zola to defend me now?
5th December 2006 09:09 AM
mojoman
quote:
WJ wrote:

You don't believe Ballad of a thin man is about Brian? Oh please, everyone knows it is. It's a well known fact.

Gazz?

what is the capital of assyria?
5th December 2006 09:43 AM
Navin
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ronnie is friends with pretty much everyone. He's not known as the 'holy host' for nothing. Without his ability to bond and bring people together, we wouldnt still have a band to discuss.

Ronnie has been gracious enuff to call upon Keith on many occasions...Keith on the other hand, (this is my conclusion) never did invite him to the Chuck Berry 60th show..that would have been great - to have both men up there with the master on the same stage. They were together for the Aretha JJF sessions, at least.

Surprisingly, recently found out that Woody played together with Chuck Berry in 1986...and there is even a bootleg of that show !!

Why did the X-Pensive Winos happen at all ?? The New Barbarians could have pulled off a second coming...the biggest bang of them all !!
5th December 2006 10:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
WJ wrote:

Gazz?

Now youre taking the piss! LOL
5th December 2006 11:48 AM
Martha
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I've heard Dylan sing Brown Sugar. And it was pretty cool actually.

It was EXTREMELY COOL to see Bob singing Brown Sugar...as his band mates hovered around laughing as he sang the refrain....."how come you taste sooo gooooood? Just like I KNEWWWW you wouuuuuld!" A priceless moment I won't forget. Saw this gig only days after I'd seen the Stones in Columbus. Oh the memories.......

G- If you dig that out for me I will have to do something extra special for you. ;-)

xxoo,
MM
5th December 2006 11:52 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Dylan's never said that. He's talked about the genesis of that song several times and never indicated that its about a specific person (the subject of the song - going by the lyrics - is female, anyway).

The irony of the Stones covering a song supposedly written about Brian Jones is quite funny, though!

That now makes two songs on the same album that are 'supposedly' about Brian Jones, if you believe the 'Ballad of a thin man' crap.

[Edited by Gazza]

Ballad of a thin man is about Bob. Period whether he admits that or not it's all about him.
5th December 2006 01:47 PM
Bruno
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Ya mean this one? I absolutely loved this album and this tour. And I have to agree with you about the audience. After watching this year's River Plate Stadium gig, I was in awe of the Buenos Aires crowd.

Hi GTRM, it´s not this video and I´m not from Argentina, I´m from Brazil I mentioned Madafaka because our countries have a kind of cultural rivality (in sports, mainly), like I think it´s the case of France and England, correct me if I´m wrong.

Anyway, Brazil and Argentina are the audiences in the whole world, for sure.
5th December 2006 02:23 PM
TampabayStone Just found these in my photobucket, I guess my girl is looking for sex or something when I get home.

[Edited by TampabayStone]
6th December 2006 12:56 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Bruno wrote:

Hi GTRM, it´s not this video and I´m not from Argentina, I´m from Brazil I mentioned Madafaka because our countries have a kind of cultural rivality (in sports, mainly), like I think it´s the case of France and England, correct me if I´m wrong.

Anyway, Brazil and Argentina are the audiences in the whole world, for sure.

Ah, I see, Bruno. Well, judging by the shows in both Rio and Buenos Aires this year, I don't doubt that for a minute!
7th December 2006 03:27 PM
mojoman Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes
7th December 2006 03:38 PM
Throwaway Heres a version he did of Brown Sugar from '02:
http://download.yousendit.com/1D4A367F4831BB60
7th December 2006 04:01 PM
WJ
quote:
mojoman wrote:
Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes

Oh geez, how many times have people posted this answer?!?! Just do a google search.
7th December 2006 07:21 PM
F505
quote:
WJ wrote:

Oh geez, how many times have people posted this answer?!?! Just do a google search.

Wacko Jacko?
7th December 2006 07:30 PM
WJ
quote:
F505 wrote:

Wacko Jacko?

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/achenblog/2006/03/predicting_the_next_big_earthq.html
7th December 2006 07:33 PM
F505
quote:
WJ wrote:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/achenblog/2006/03/predicting_the_next_big_earthq.html

Tony?
7th December 2006 07:36 PM
WJ Tony!

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)