ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!"

Keith Richards. Stu's funeral - New York City 1985
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: do you think Dylan hates Mick? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
30th November 2006 12:45 PM
letitloose I get the feeling Dylan is somewhat hostile to Mick. And we can see this in even him picking up Ron and Keith during the breakup and using them for Live Aid. Also we always hear about how he is such friends with Ron and Keith. Yet we never hear of any personal friendships with Mick. And even when they played together he always wanted to be with Keith and Ron, but not Mick.

I think it's just Dylan's quiet personality and Mick is too over the top and just plain silly for Dylan's taste
30th November 2006 01:14 PM
rasputin56 Does Mick even have any friends in the business, that is other than a professional relationship? Just wondering is all.
30th November 2006 01:20 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Does Mick even have any friends in the business, that is other than a professional relationship? Just wondering is all.

Pete Townshend.
30th November 2006 01:38 PM
MidnightRambler
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Does Mick even have any friends in the business, that is other than a professional relationship? Just wondering is all.

Elton John.

And probably anyone else he worked with for "Goddess In the Doorway"
30th November 2006 01:39 PM
Martha Hate is a very strong word and not appropriate.

No Bob doesn't hate Mick, I just called and asked Bob. He laughed.

By the way, Bob frequently mentions and plays tunes of the Stones during his Theme Time Radio Hour.
30th November 2006 01:42 PM
PeerQueer Mick has few friends in the music biz, though several in the film and stage industry, as well as a few politicos, etc.

Mark my words, if Keith's little gig with the Pirates movie is well received, Mick will be very very envious, as Hollywood is the inner circle he has longed to be a player in for some time now, but has yet to achieve it.

He can be quite a cunt at times, while Keith, when jealous, can be a total cock...
30th November 2006 01:43 PM
Dan I always hate the people who cover my songs and add 6 or 7 figure dollar amounts into my bank account.
30th November 2006 01:46 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
By the way, Bob frequently mentions and plays tunes of the Stones during his Theme Time Radio Hour.

And how was "Tennessee" yesterday morning, my dear?
30th November 2006 01:46 PM
gimmekeef Try talkin to Bob about it..If you can understand a word he says.....let me know will you..Why do you think he and Keith get along????..They mumble the same language!
30th November 2006 01:53 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Try talkin to Bob about it..If you can understand a word he says.....let me know will you..Why do you think he and Keith get along????..They mumble the same language!

Actually, gk, when he speaks he's very clear and enunciates better than anyone I know.
30th November 2006 01:54 PM
mojoman dylan doesnt seem like the friendly type
30th November 2006 02:00 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

And how was "Tennessee" yesterday morning, my dear?

Hey Lazy! I, for the first time ever, FORGOT to listen!!!! It snowed here overnight Tuesday into Wednesday and I was deep under the covers at 8am. Chris did not go to work.....threw my whole day off!

I will catch-it on the flip side at 4pm tomorrow!

Tennessee!

30th November 2006 02:04 PM
Martha
quote:
mojoman wrote:
dylan doesnt seem like the friendly type

Bob is careful when it comes to picking his "friends" and from what I've read he's always has been that way. And he's an Imp.....and I'm certain he's a blast to hang out with. He's laughin' it up everytime I see or hear him.
30th November 2006 02:10 PM
cantturnyouloose i'm sorry but i hardly ever seen bob smile and i'm a huge fan and watched many a vids of him

he's a quiet guy and a true introvert very much like kieth so i think that is why they get along so well

and ron is just like a calm mellow kinda guy to be around so that is why dylan likes him

Mick, i think, is too much for dylan
30th November 2006 02:20 PM
Lazy Bones episode# 02: "Mother" - Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby.. (Rolling Stones)" aired: 10 May
episode# 17: "Friends and Neighbours" - Neighbours (Rolling Stones) aired: 23 Aug
episode# 29: "Food" - Rice Crispies (Wake Up In The Morning)(Rolling Stones)" aired: 15 Nov

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
30th November 2006 03:04 PM
sirmoonie WTF?

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/55906
30th November 2006 03:39 PM
GotToRollMe That's odd. Bob always speaks very highly of Mick whenever I talk to him, and he calls me on a daily basis...usually right after I hang up from talking to Keith.
30th November 2006 03:43 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
cantturnyouloose wrote:
i'm sorry but i hardly ever seen bob smile and i'm a huge fan and watched many a vids of him

he's a quiet guy and a true introvert very much like kieth so i think that is why they get along so well

and ron is just like a calm mellow kinda guy to be around so that is why dylan likes him

Mick, i think, is too much for dylan

what crap! they duet'ed together....Bob covers 'Brown Sugar' once a decade or so....Bob was also close to Brian, who was very unlike the introvert your theory assumes is all Bob wishes to hang with....
30th November 2006 03:44 PM
mojoman
quote:
Martha wrote:

Bob is careful when it comes to picking his "friends" and from what I've read he's always has been that way. And he's an Imp.....and I'm certain he's a blast to hang out with. He's laughin' it up everytime I see or hear him.

he strikes me as a surly curmudgeon
30th November 2006 03:45 PM
The Wick I think it's the opposite. Any interview I have seen, Dylan goes out of his way to say how much he loves Jagger. If anyone, he has a slight animosity towards Keith.
1st December 2006 11:17 AM
Martha If you want to know anything about Bob you have to listen, listen and listen and then watch and watch closely. He hides nothing.....he is very open and straight-forward.....if you pay attention that is. Spit your gum out, sit up straight and have your pencils sharpened. ;-)

Bob has a wonderful sense of Impish humor. Watch him in Masked & Anonymous and you can see it. No gum chewing though!

peace out,
Martha

"What jive Turkey made this mess?" BD 11/22/06

"You know, I sleep on the edge of the bed.
It doesn't take long for me to drop off." BD 11/8/06

" I'd be a great dancer except for two things......my FEET!" BD 11/1/06
1st December 2006 11:33 AM
egon
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:

Elton John.

Elton has many "friends".
1st December 2006 12:19 PM
Bingo Mick: It is the evening of the day

Bob: There must be some way out of here

Mick: Yeah, you got satin shoes

Bob: No reason to get excited

Mick: Help me baby, ain't no stranger

Bob: Because something is happening here. But you don't know what it is

Mick: One o'clock, two o'clock, three o'clock, four o'clock, five

Bob: Then time will tell just who fell And who's been left behind, When you go your way and I go mine.
[Edited by Bingo]
1st December 2006 08:24 PM
Doxa You know, there is a funny thing I find with these 60's generation heroes. Mick, as anyone, is seemingly jealous for Dylan for his iconic status as the spokesman of his generation - he is the only true artist of all of them. Mick is also jealous for The Beatles (McCartney) for being so much bigger than him or the Stones and selling much more records. But then, I think, every goddamn guy from that generation, be it Lennon, McCartney, Dylan, Townshend, or whoever, would any day change the shoes with Mick Jagger. He is the biggest cock of them all, so to say, and every guy knows that. Who does not want to be a Mick Jagger? Listen poor Lennon bitching Mick and The Stones in his famous Rolling Stone interviews in the early 70's - a jealous guy that is! The Stones and Mick were so much cooler than he or any of them. Every bloody egomaniac rock star wants to be a sex star and that what Mick Jagger is. Even genious like Dylan has problems with dealing with Mick.

- Doxa
1st December 2006 08:31 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Doxa wrote:
He is the biggest cock of them all, so to say

I think Mick's more like the biggest BALLS.
1st December 2006 08:50 PM
LeeOfTampa Is Dylan a Leo too?
1st December 2006 11:34 PM
Bitch
quote:
Doxa wrote:
Mick Jagger. He is the biggest cock of them all, so to say, and every guy knows that. - Doxa

And MICK probably has the biggest cock of them all.
2nd December 2006 01:06 PM
robpop The real question is do you think Winslow really hates Big Ben, or is it some kind of coverup or something like that?
2nd December 2006 01:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
letitloose wrote:
I get the feeling Dylan is somewhat hostile to Mick. And we can see this in even him picking up Ron and Keith during the breakup and using them for Live Aid. Also we always hear about how he is such friends with Ron and Keith. Yet we never hear of any personal friendships with Mick. And even when they played together he always wanted to be with Keith and Ron, but not Mick.

I think it's just Dylan's quiet personality and Mick is too over the top and just plain silly for Dylan's taste

Live Aid had nothing to do with it. Mick was already on the bill for that show as the Stones, as a band, had refused to play the gig. Dylan was meant to play with a band that Bill Graham had put together for him, but decided at a couple of days notice to do it acoustic - so he asked Woody to help him out. Woody in turn then asked Keith.

Ronnie is friends with pretty much everyone. He's not known as the 'holy host' for nothing. Without his ability to bond and bring people together, we wouldnt still have a band to discuss.

2nd December 2006 01:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
LeeOfTampa wrote:
Is Dylan a Leo too?

Of course not. Like most of the great musical mavericks, he's a Gemini

Also the only star sign to include both a Stone (two in fact) AND a Beatle.

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)