ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!"

Keith Richards. Stu's funeral - New York City 1985
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones icon goes under the hammer Return to archive
30th November 2006 08:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels ROLLING STONES ICON GOES UNDER THE HAMMER

THE ROLLING STONES famous tongue artwork has fetched a quarter of a million pounds at an auction. The iconic image sold for GBP250,000 ($487,500) as part of the It's More Than Rock 'n' Roll auction in London yesterday (29NOV06), where bidders were enticed by more than 160 pieces of music memorabilia. Rolling Stones stars RONNIE WOOD and former bandmate BILL WYMAN were both present at the sale, as well as members of bands THE CLASH and THIN LIZZY. Other lots included a Fender Stratocaster guitar owned by JIMI HENDRIX, which sold for GBP60,000 ($117,000) and a black bustier worn by pop superstar MADONNA on her Who's That Girl tour. Some of MARVIN GAYE's handwritten musical manuscripts, which had been expected to fetch more than GBP150,000 ($292,500), are thought to have been snapped up by a family member for an undisclosed amount.

30/11/2006 12:35
contactmusic

30th November 2006 11:06 AM
gimmekeef I used my presale codes to get in an early bid...But backed off after the bidding hit $39....But I did get an old fork that Momma Cass owned!
30th November 2006 04:25 PM
GotToRollMe I got a rock.

30th November 2006 04:27 PM
glencar I got some of Mama Cass's sandwich!
1st December 2006 05:22 AM
corgi37 Judging by the Britney pic on another thread, i would have bid for a little baggy of her shaved pubes.
1st December 2006 09:19 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Judging by the Britney pic on another thread, i would have bid for a little baggy of her shaved pubes.

Some guy did buy her panties...and a pole so he could go camping in them.......
1st December 2006 03:36 PM
jostorm We can only pray it wasn't Joey....although he would look kinda cute, with the fingertorch, and a fluffy kitten miawoing softly at his feet....
1st December 2006 03:37 PM
jostorm ...a picture, for illustrational purposes, anyone????
1st December 2006 03:55 PM
monkey_man
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

LOL!!
6th December 2006 12:35 PM
Jeep The original tongue designed by John Pasche wasn't in color :

Comparison of the original one and the actual one :

7th December 2006 04:55 PM
jostorm thanks, Jeep, interesting , I'd never seen the original artwork before. You're a star.....
7th December 2006 04:59 PM
Some Guy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

not me, man.
7th December 2006 10:19 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
glencar wrote:
I got some of Mama Cass's sandwich!

Hopefully not the part she ate.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)