ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!"

Keith Richards. Stu's funeral - New York City 1985
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ashes to ashes (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th December 2006 10:22 AM
Hannalee Bell's our third-highest scorer and a good fielder; why nominate him for the drop? I'd be more inclined to leave out Strauss, if someone else can fill his opening spot, as he's seemed out of sorts since he got there.
6th December 2006 10:32 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I dont think you can begin to compare the fielding abilities of Ian Bell to Andrew Staruss. Andrew Strauss is one of the best Catching fielders in the world. Just look atthe catch he made in the ashes last year!

Bell has scored well recently, but on the whol, hasnt really done much damage on the runs side of things. Strauss however has been one of Englands most consistent performers for a few years now.
6th December 2006 11:40 AM
Hannalee
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I dont think you can begin to compare the fielding abilities of Ian Bell to Andrew Staruss. Andrew Strauss is one of the best Catching fielders in the world. Just look atthe catch he made in the ashes last year!

Bell has scored well recently, but on the whol, hasnt really done much damage on the runs side of things. Strauss however has been one of Englands most consistent performers for a few years now.

Yes, but we need him to be in form now. Anyway, I still can't see that Bell deserves to be dropped.
6th December 2006 01:44 PM
Voodoo Scrounge I dont think they have the balls to drop anybody, only Giles maybe.
6th December 2006 02:06 PM
Hannalee We'll have to send the boys round....

How does the old saw go -
I am firm
You are obstinate
He is pig-headed...
6th December 2006 07:16 PM
stonedinaustralia england must lift mentally by at last 20% - their last day batting lacked confidence and clear thinking particularly given the positon of the game that morning. they let australia dictate terms and that was the end of it - they need more aggression

i feel sorry for flintoff

i wish we would play Tait - he's the fastest bowler we've had since Thommo... and the English could use a new Frank Tyson

Joey?

7th December 2006 09:53 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Tait played against England in the last ashes series and I didnt rate him that much to be honest. Ok, he has pace, but that doesnt make him much more of a threat than a bowler who keeps a good line and length.

I think the Aussies would be mad to drop Clark, hes been very good so far and I cant see where else Tait would fit in.

Mcgrath will play in the next test to try and finnish the job off.

Bold prediction for the next test.....England win and we really start to see a bit of battle with Vaughan back for the boxing day test!
7th December 2006 06:02 PM
stonedinaustralia VS - tait has tightened up a bit since then - and once he has control under control he will be a force - he will defintiely be a regular in the side once McGrath retires which i expect will be in the next three years

your gettng vaughn back will make a diffference for sure -but england don't seem to have the fire power to take 20 wickets in a match and as i said in earlier post they need to adopt a much more aggresive attitude

anyway, i hope they do improve - as much as i like seeing asutralia win i would much prefer to see a close contest
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)