ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Voodoo Return to archive
December 7th, 2004 03:55 AM
MikeyC613 Sorry to blaspheme, but after reading a lot of reviews and hearing a lot of opinions, I've come to the belief that Voodoo Lounge could have been a better album if it had condensed itself a little. Therefore, what would the final 10-11 songs be if the album was cut down?
December 7th, 2004 06:14 AM
Zack This is an old one.

Cut:

New Faces
Suck on the Jugular
Sweethearts Together
Baby Break it Down
Mean Disposition

Then you've got a tight, 10-track album.

December 7th, 2004 06:32 AM
bez85 Don't cut Mean Disposition!
December 7th, 2004 07:28 AM
Gazza Keep the album as it was up as far as "I Go Wild", keep "Thru and Thru" in and add "The Storm" and "Honest Man"

I know a lot of folks disagree, but "Mean Disposition" IMO is one of the weakest rockers the Stones ever released, but its still some way short of being the worst song on the album. "Suck On The Jugular" has that dubious honour. One of the few Stones songs that is actually embarrassing.
December 7th, 2004 03:04 PM
Bruno Stone Voodoo has one of the greatest songs in all their career: Love Is Strong.

I really like Baby Break It Down, has good slide, and especially in the end gets so beautiful...
December 7th, 2004 03:21 PM
Gazza I think I remember Keith saying at the time that because it had been 5 years since the last studio album they decided to cram a few extra songs on (making the most of the CD format) as a way of making up for the long wait.

By that yardstick, I'm expecting the next studio effort to be a triple CD
December 7th, 2004 04:24 PM
JumpingKentFlash True Gazza. So true.

Cut Suck On The Jugular and Baby Break It Down and replace them with The Storm and Honest Man. Maybe even add Jump On Top Of Me. The album is AWESOME already, but it would be even better with these on.
December 7th, 2004 09:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think I remember Keith saying at the time that because it had been 5 years since the last studio album they decided to cram a few extra songs on (making the most of the CD format) as a way of making up for the long wait.

By that yardstick, I'm expecting the next studio effort to be a triple CD

A triple CD?
A single disk with 11 killers songs is enough to me.
December 8th, 2004 05:12 AM
Gazza there was a heavy dose of cynicism in my post, Soldatti
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood