ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: live records in sequence Return to archive
December 6th, 2004 06:49 AM
Jair Anyone knows if some other band released two live discs in sequence or Stones are pioneers here too?
Wow! Whathaband!
December 6th, 2004 07:12 AM
Gazza I'm sure the Grateful Dead have probably done. Elvis may have done also.

Dylan's last couple of releases has been live albums as part of his "Bootleg Series", from 1975 and 1964 respectively - but these are retrospective releases, as opposed to new live work. I'd imagine several acts have had successive live albums released - after they've split up/died, etc

Lou Reed released two live albums in 1974 ("Rock n roll animal") and 1975 ("Lou Reed Live") that were taken from the same SHOW at the Academy of Music in New York in December 1973 - but he did put out a studio album ("Sally Cant Dance") in between their release
[Edited by Gazza]
December 6th, 2004 08:46 PM
Soldatti Grateful Dead released two live albums this year and a compilation.
December 7th, 2004 12:46 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Grateful Dead released two live albums this year and a compilation.

Not to mention all the Dick's Picks releases - which is now up to volume 33.
December 7th, 2004 06:02 AM
Zack
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Not to mention all the Dick's Picks releases - which is now up to volume 33.

Yeah, but the Dead's archival stuff doesn't really count, does it?

The point of the question, I believe, is how pathetic the fact that there's no new original material between the documents of two tours. And it is.

Out of desperation, I went back and revisited the four new Licks cuts and put them on a CD with Highwire and favorite fillers from the weakest Wood-era albums.

It's called "Crap Stones."
December 7th, 2004 07:28 AM
Sir Stonesalot >the fact that there's no new original material between the documents of two tours.<

>the four new Licks cuts<

Oooops. Kinda contradicted yourself Zack.

"Crap Stones". I'll bet it's a pretty good listen.

December 7th, 2004 07:36 AM
Jair Well, and we forgot to mention the Pearl Jam Experience.

btw, does anybody knows if it worked somewhere? Here where i live there are lots of those CDs for half the normal prices.

December 7th, 2004 09:17 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Zack wrote:
Yeah, but the Dead's archival stuff doesn't really count, does it?

As in the case with the Dylan bootleg series, like Gazza mentioned, it's retrospective.

No point in contacting Guinness.
December 7th, 2004 08:49 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Zack wrote:
Out of desperation, I went back and revisited the four new Licks cuts and put them on a CD with Highwire and favorite fillers from the weakest Wood-era albums.

It's called "Crap Stones."

Can I get a copy?
December 7th, 2004 10:30 PM
Zack
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>the fact that there's no new original material between the documents of two tours.<

>the four new Licks cuts<

Oooops. Kinda contradicted yourself Zack.

"Crap Stones". I'll bet it's a pretty good listen.

SS, Obviously since I mentioned the new Licks cuts later I hadn't forgotten them. I just don't think much of them, even less since they are buried among hits I'd rather hear in their original settings. Sheesh. Sue me for sloppy semantics.

Actually "Crap Stones" is not a bad listen, as I don't spin Undercover or ER very much, it's nice to dust off the likes of She Was Hot and Where the Boys Go.

Soldatti, send me a PM and Crap Stones can be yours.
December 7th, 2004 10:38 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Neil Young sorta did it with Rust Never Sleeps and Live Rust. Rust Never Sleeps was recorded live and then the audience was edited out. On a couple of tracks you can hear the faint "ghost" audience.
December 7th, 2004 11:05 PM
Zack
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Neil Young sorta did it with Rust Never Sleeps and Live Rust. Rust Never Sleeps was recorded live and then the audience was edited out. On a couple of tracks you can hear the faint "ghost" audience.

Yeah, but Rust Never Sleeps was all new material.
December 8th, 2004 09:32 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Rust Never Sleeps was recorded live and then the audience was edited out. On a couple of tracks you can hear the faint "ghost" audience.

RNS is mostly, not completely, live. But you're right, audience noise was edited out from the live tracks.
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood