ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blondie Chaplin Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 7th, 2004 03:55 AM
F505
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

AS ARE YOURS

Yes, but the difference is I get no salary.
And by the way who are the Stones of this board in your opinion?
December 7th, 2004 07:42 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

AS ARE YOURS

Tell me PERKS.... do you really think they need Lisa Fischer, Bernard Fowler and Blondie Chaplin for the backing vocals?!?!?!

Give Lisa just the middle section of Gimme Shelter. That's quite enough..... but man..... having Lisa screwing every damn song is annoying....That sort of Opera he screams on Satisfaction at the HBO broadcast is annoying.....
December 7th, 2004 08:00 AM
Jair Well, I think Lisa is a great singer, with great voice and great legs

Probaby she's also hot in bed.
December 7th, 2004 08:05 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Tell me PERKS.... do you really think they need Lisa Fischer, Bernard Fowler and Blondie Chaplin for the backing vocals?!?!?!

Give Lisa just the middle section of Gimme Shelter. That's quite enough..... but man..... having Lisa screwing every damn song is annoying....That sort of Opera he screams on Satisfaction at the HBO broadcast is annoying.....

I JUST TRUST THE SINGER TO PUT ON THE BEST SHOW POSSIBLE..UNFORTUNATELY,ITS NOT 1981 ANY MORE..I WISH IT WAS
December 7th, 2004 09:47 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

I JUST TRUST THE SINGER TO PUT ON THE BEST SHOW POSSIBLE..UNFORTUNATELY,ITS NOT 1981 ANY MORE..I WISH IT WAS

....I wish it was 72 also
December 7th, 2004 03:25 PM
CraigP I hate the back-up band too. I think they are Vegas-like crap. The stones are supposed to be dirty rock without glamourous sounding horns and loud keyboards and women dancing and shit.

Some think they are necessary. I disagree. If they weren't there, Keith, Mick and Ronnie would be forced to push their weight onstage like they did pre-80's. I know that the Stones CAN do it, it's more of a laziness issue in my opinion.
On the B-stage they are stripped down and theres a certain magic in them that they used to have before all the back-up crap. They are more assertive in their energy.
Some songs, however, can use Lisa such as Gimme Shelter;
Bobby for Sad Sad Sad and whoever they are currently using for the intro to You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Turning up the guitar's distortion (Respectively) or like the 70's & 80's would help with driving the sound and also help with accent and cover mistakes...
December 7th, 2004 07:56 PM
glencar
quote:
kath wrote:
i've never been able to figure out why blondie is there. does he have pictures? if so, of whom doing what???

ah well. it doesn't matter. they aren't out there for us to bitch about blondie, how fat lisa is, chuck being the keyboardist, keef not playing anything, ronnie mugging, what do they need all those horn players for...yada yada yada.....

Blondie carries the drugs through airports. He's the stupidest fuck I've ever met.
December 7th, 2004 09:06 PM
gypsy I think they need Blondie, Lisa, and Bernard. And Bobby on sax of course! But the others--no! And, I'm sorry, moonisup, but Chuck can go to.
December 7th, 2004 09:32 PM
Soldatti Chuck is an official member for the Stones now, he played in EVERY gig since 1982 including the STU tribute in 1986.
It's imposible to drop a played that remained so long, he played on 4 of 5 albums since 1983 plus the new songs on 40 licks and I'm not counting the 4 live albums and his contribution to solo works of Mick, Keith, Bill and Ronnie. He is VERY IMPORTANT for the Stones, I can't stand the guy but the Stones are very happy with he.
December 8th, 2004 05:23 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I hate the back-up band too. I think they are Vegas-like crap. The stones are supposed to be dirty rock without glamourous sounding horns and loud keyboards and women dancing and shit.

Some think they are necessary. I disagree. If they weren't there, Keith, Mick and Ronnie would be forced to push their weight onstage like they did pre-80's. I know that the Stones CAN do it, it's more of a laziness issue in my opinion.
On the B-stage they are stripped down and theres a certain magic in them that they used to have before all the back-up crap. They are more assertive in their energy.
Some songs, however, can use Lisa such as Gimme Shelter;
Bobby for Sad Sad Sad and whoever they are currently using for the intro to You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Turning up the guitar's distortion (Respectively) or like the 70's & 80's would help with driving the sound and also help with accent and cover mistakes...

Welcome Mister Craig and AMEN for everything you said.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood