ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blondie Chaplin Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 6th, 2004 06:41 AM
Jair Does anybody knows when and how Blondie met the Stones?
Thanx!
December 6th, 2004 06:51 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:
Does anybody knows when and how Blondie met the Stones?
Thanx!

The question is WHY DO THEY NEED THE GUY, FOR THE CHRIST'S SAKES.......
December 6th, 2004 07:01 AM
Moonisup
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

The question is WHY DO THEY NEED THE GUY, FOR THE CHRIST'S SAKES.......

to cover for keith and ronnie
December 6th, 2004 07:03 AM
F505
quote:
Jair wrote:
Does anybody knows when and how Blondie met the Stones?
Thanx!

Does anybody know when and how Blondie will leave the Stones?
December 6th, 2004 07:08 AM
piratekeef Blondie has a history with the "Beach Boys" and - more recently - has been a part of Mick Taylor's Band in the beginning 90's. He played rhythm guitar and sang bvoc on these tours. Check out the track "Semolina" from his stint with Taylor
December 6th, 2004 08:22 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

to cover for keith and ronnie

Wait a minute dutch Rik.... as a matter of fact.... they don't need that LOUSY covering.....most times he don't really play any guitar or acoustic, just a few songs.....
December 6th, 2004 09:20 AM
Bruno Stone I hate that guy, hate the way he looks, hate him playing guitar... Fuck, i dont wanna hear him playing guitar in Gimme Shelter, and why he needs to keep playing that lame percussion, and even dancing sometimes?!?!???? He doesn`t deserve to be there, he doesn`t add anything to the sound.

And he`s fucking ugly
December 6th, 2004 09:24 AM
Moonisup
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Wait a minute dutch Rik.... as a matter of fact.... they don't need that LOUSY covering.....most times he don't really play any guitar or acoustic, just a few songs.....

yes, and it sounds good on those songs, like the accoustic on NOY, and satisfaction.
and he's a friend of keith (maybe because he likes a joint too)
December 6th, 2004 09:49 AM
F505 the Stones should throw all these sidemen and women out. Sometimes there are 13 people on stage! And their contributions are not very relevant most of the time.
December 6th, 2004 10:06 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
F505 wrote:
the Stones should throw all these sidemen and women out. Sometimes there are 13 people on stage! And their contributions are not very relevant most of the time.

Thank you Jesus..... there are people in the world who has the same point of mine..... I'm thankful
December 6th, 2004 10:09 AM
FotiniD
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Thank you Jesus..... there are people in the world who has the same point of mine..... I'm thankful

Count me in as well.
It'd be lovely to see a stripped-down version of the Rolling Stones instead of the whole circus. Not that I don't appreciate the sidemen - some of them are actually rather good. But hey, I need to listen to just the Stones for crying out loud... The basic four and Daryll Jones would be just heaven.

We can all dream...
December 6th, 2004 10:13 AM
F505
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Thank you lord
December 6th, 2004 10:16 AM
Moonisup there will be a time, when the sidemen are the *new* rolling stones, and chuck will be the singer!
December 6th, 2004 10:17 AM
nankerphelge I just wish Tumbling Dice would go back to being a great Stones rocker and not some Vegas glitz show.

That's not too much to ask....
December 6th, 2004 10:19 AM
FotiniD
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I just wish Tumbling Dice would go back to being a great Stones rocker and not some Vegas glitz show.

That's right, if they would ONLY drop the Vegas elements from the shows... I don't understand what on earth is stopping them. They might just try it once and I think it would earn them more respect from fans and critics alike.
December 6th, 2004 10:23 AM
Moonisup Tumling dice is a bore, that's sad, cos it's a great song. Well, at least chuck wasn't that loud on HTW last tour, that's in improvement, and keith didn't play along on the piano on it,
December 6th, 2004 12:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I just wish Tumbling Dice would go back to being a great Stones rocker and not some Vegas glitz show.

I have a great idea for the '05 Tour!!

I know that the Stones - esp Mick - are always trying to out do the last tour with bigger stages and greater spectacles... well, for the the '05 Tour they could make the biggest, MOST OUTRAGEOUS and grandest spectacle for the opening number in Stones history... heres what they should do:

the house lights dim... an exlosion of fireworks goes off... Keith hammers the opening riff of "Tie You Up (The Pain Of Love".... the house lights come on and the band rushes out on stage.... while ALL THE SIDE MUSICIANS HANG UPSIDE DOWN BY ROPES suspended in air, dangling helplessly from the top off the stage for the entire show. Occasionally Mick can run up a ramp and whip them. Or Ronnie could put out lit cigarettes on them.

its just a thought...
December 6th, 2004 12:12 PM
Mel Belli I'm afraid at this point if they tried to play as just a five-piece, it would spell disaster. Imagine Keith and Ronnie without a net these days. The tour wouldn't make it out of rehearsal.
December 6th, 2004 12:14 PM
telecaster
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I'm afraid at this point if they tried to play as just a five-piece, it would spell disaster. Imagine Keith and Ronnie without a net these days. The tour wouldn't make it out of rehearsal.

They sounded great from the small stage and it was just the
5 of them
December 6th, 2004 12:36 PM
F505 Is he related to Charly?
December 6th, 2004 12:39 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
telecaster wrote:

They sounded great from the small stage and it was just the
5 of them

Not quite. You're forgetting Chuck.
December 6th, 2004 01:32 PM
kath i've never been able to figure out why blondie is there. does he have pictures? if so, of whom doing what???

ah well. it doesn't matter. they aren't out there for us to bitch about blondie, how fat lisa is, chuck being the keyboardist, keef not playing anything, ronnie mugging, what do they need all those horn players for...yada yada yada.....
December 6th, 2004 08:50 PM
Soldatti I don't see a drop of the backing band, let's pray for no additional guys in the gang on the next tour!
December 6th, 2004 09:37 PM
Daethgod yer i wish for the day when the Stones play as the Stones.

no more fiiler crap, daggy tinkly key runs by Chuck, no more vocal padding or guitar fillins.

Mick
Keef
Ron
Charlie
Daryl

Ian McLagen on keys
and of course Bobby on sax

yer baby

December 6th, 2004 09:41 PM
kath we all wish for that day...only a precious few will ever get to see it......
December 6th, 2004 09:49 PM
LadyJane
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Count me in as well.
It'd be lovely to see a stripped-down version of the Rolling Stones instead of the whole circus. Not that I don't appreciate the sidemen - some of them are actually rather good. But hey, I need to listen to just the Stones for crying out loud... The basic four and Daryll Jones would be just heaven.

We can all dream...

Agreed. Finally something we can all agree upon.

AND...if they MUST have a couple of dancers, the RO Chick Clique would be more than happy to accomodate. NO NANKY..YOU CAN'T JOIN US!!!

LJ.
December 6th, 2004 09:53 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
yer i wish for the day when the Stones play as the Stones.

no more fiiler crap, daggy tinkly key runs by Chuck, no more vocal padding or guitar fillins.

Mick
Keef
Ron
Charlie
Daryl

Ian McLagen on keys
and of course Bobby on sax

yer baby

Too good to be true.
December 6th, 2004 10:06 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
F505 wrote:
the Stones should throw all these sidemen and women out. Sometimes there are 13 people on stage! And their contributions are not very relevant most of the time.

AS ARE YOURS
December 6th, 2004 10:29 PM
Mel Belli What is it with this nostalgia for Ian McLagan? Is it the era you all are pining for, or the player?
December 6th, 2004 11:42 PM
kath naw...they just don't like chuck......
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood