ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If Woody keels over and dies... Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 6th, 2004 05:58 PM
stones-addict Lazy Bones, you a canuck too?
December 6th, 2004 06:15 PM
Gibbons http://www.novogate.com/board/968/205691-1.html
December 6th, 2004 06:17 PM
Saint Sway since Mick Taylor's likely not coming back - and by that, I mean, I dont think the Stones would ask him back

the wise pick would be Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes!!

heres why:

1. Rich Robinson rocks! Thats a fact.

2. his guitar sound is SO STONES - more so than any other guitarist out there - more so than even Keef or Woody these days. In fact, Rich alone sounds more Stonesy than the combined playing of Keef & Woody playing together

3. he's friendly with the boys. Woody & Chuck have played with him live. And he recorded a demo with Jagger a few years ago

4. he already knows the majority of the catalog. He's a HUGE fan. And has covered live - and kicked the shit out of - Cant You Hear Me Knockin, Happy, Silver Train, Memo From Turner, Moonlight Mile, Torn And Frayed, Hand Of Fate, Take It So Hard, Dead Flowers, Midnight Rambler, Sway...

5. the shows would really kick ass again bc he's loud and has got the nasty Stones open G tone. His riffing would bury Chucky and horns!

any other choice would be a dissapointment. Hell, I'd love to hear Rich & Mick do a tour together.
December 6th, 2004 06:24 PM
Gibbons How boot Audley Freed? What's he up to these days?
December 6th, 2004 06:35 PM
Saint Sway Audley Freed is cool. I'd be down with that. But hes not too Stones sounding - or not nearly as Keef sounding as Rich. Though I've heard him do cool covers of Sway, Slave and No Expectations. He'd be a decent fit. But RIch Robinson is clearly the way to go as far as having that pure Stones sound

not sure what Audley's up to these days. He was playing in Chris Robinsons New Earth Mud band but Chris folded up the band this past summer. Then he was supposed to do some shows in NY with Peaceful Kneival but they broke up during rehearsals.

Last thing I heard was that he popped up and jammed one night with Mule in North Carolina earlier this fall. I guess hes taking some time off and looking for a new gig. Maybe he'll be doing some gigs with Alvin Youngblood Hart soon?

I dunno, with all the bands that have broke up with Audley in them recently - Cry of Love, Black Crowes, NEM, Peaceful Kneival - maybe he's a jinx and its best that he keeps away from the Stones. But I digress...

[Edited by Saint Sway]
December 6th, 2004 07:18 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
stones-addict wrote:
Lazy Bones, you a canuck too?

You've read my file?!

December 6th, 2004 09:04 PM
Soldatti This thread sucks!
If Ronnie dies NOBODY will replace him at this point.
December 6th, 2004 11:19 PM
stones-addict
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

You've read my file?!

Nothing in there... I'm in BC, where you at?
December 7th, 2004 12:42 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
stones-addict wrote:

Nothing in there... I'm in BC, where you at?

Ontario.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood