ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Top Ten Reasons to love Gasland Return to archive
December 5th, 2004 11:55 PM
Starbuck Top Ten reasons to love Gasland:

10. We have a �Don�t Ask, Don�t Tell� policy towards all car thieves, cattle rustlers, vegisexuals and Texans.

9. We taught Joey the proper techniques for table etiquette and helped him through his bed wetting issues.

8. Two of our posters are proud graduates of the Howe Military Academy.

7. Every Thursday is �Free Circumcision Night�.

6. Our webmaster looks like Cat Stevens.

5. We�d all rather be pickled alive and lobotomized than sit through a full listening of �Hotel California�.

4. We�ve been �Demon Life� free since late August.

3. Our regulars 2000 Man, Torn & Frayed and Ginda are really Jimmy Walker, Herve Villichez and the �Where�s the Beef?� lady.

2. We have the �Cardinal Fang� seal of approval.

1. Our gift shop sells �Hustler� and Mick Taylor Underoos and rock bottom prices!

Seriously, folks, Gasland may have some loopy liberals (including our beloved webmaster, who, I might add, can kick the ass of a $%#ing mountain goat), but we�re all good people too. RO and gasx3 are both just two seedy bars across the street from each other in the land of Stonesworld, USA. We have so much more in common than we have differences.

Riffy, our light�s always on fer ya and you can be assured �sweet virginia� will be blasting on the jukebox whenever you or anyone else wants to stop in for a beer, a shot of �the clear� and an injection of some HGH, and a game of �naked twister�.

Packers suck.

Now back to your regularly scheduled mayhem....

XXOXOX,
Starbuck
December 6th, 2004 12:18 AM
Bloozehound You forgot one...

11. "Gasland: the land of Gas" -- the absolute perfect moniker for a place so full of bullshit and hot air.
December 6th, 2004 12:20 AM
Booty what?
December 6th, 2004 12:38 AM
Phog #12) Keno's insightful weekly poll questions.

'What's the best Stones song about love?'

'What's the best Stones song about groupies?'

'What's the best Stones song about drugs?'

What rubbish.....
December 6th, 2004 01:14 AM
Janis I love Gasland as well as here at Rocks Off. I lurk over at Gasland all the time. I even posted there once as Ruby Tuesday. Starbuck, It excites me that you make a reference to Cardinal Fang because Cardinal Fang for me has always been my all time favorite cyberspace poster of all time. What I *might* do for Cardinal Fang ))))
December 6th, 2004 01:43 AM
gypsy
quote:
Phog wrote:
#12) Keno's insightful weekly poll questions.

'What's the best Stones song about love?'

'What's the best Stones song about groupies?'

'What's the best Stones song about drugs?'

What rubbish.....

God, I almost forgot about those inane polls of his, Phog. That's fuckin' funny...he's all serious about them too.
December 6th, 2004 01:44 AM
gypsy
quote:
Janis wrote:
I love Gasland as well as here at Rocks Off. I lurk over at Gasland all the time. I even posted there once as Ruby Tuesday. Starbuck, It excites me that you make a reference to Cardinal Fang because Cardinal Fang for me has always been my all time favorite cyberspace poster of all time. What I *might* do for Cardinal Fang ))))

Dirty whore.
December 6th, 2004 01:53 AM
Booty happy thread!
December 6th, 2004 02:10 AM
Dead Flower I love Gasland as well as Rocks Off because I love The Rolling Stones. Why must we choose?
December 6th, 2004 02:21 AM
Booty am I banned yet?
December 6th, 2004 03:01 AM
Prodigal Son Since I don't post a lot, my opinion is a little less valued but I don't care who's right or wrong. I post wherever I feel like. And Rocks off is more of a user-friendly, less antagonistic place. There are pros and cons to both places but the bickering between both boards is unecessary to me and the bickering, whether political or not, at GasX3 leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I do respect Keno,m if I mistakingly implied I didn't back in the other post, but I think he and others often overreact when conservatives stick up for the gov't or contest their liberal views.

There needs to be a respect of each other's opinions from both sides. It's just with the liberal dominance at the board, it seems like unfair ganging-up and bias there. Hell, it could be the opposite; a pro-Bush, kill all foreigners FOX News-esque agenda and I'd still feel discouraged with the situation. It's a real role reversal for me, considering I used to snap a lot like some still do over there. I learned to keep my emotions in check, but the vicious run downs were unlike any I've seen for an amicable idiot poster since. It was hard to take, but it subsided. I found less fighting goes on over here in recent times, though. I like my message boards to be more stable than what we've witnessed at GasX3.

We seem to coexist alright, although we do get differences in opinion (often as people do with the infamous josh, but we know half of what he says is for show) and psychos (gorda), it is easier to ignore. When every 2nd post is a rant against the Republicans/administration/military/Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheney/younameit, it can be a little discouraging. Sure, I ignore it sometimes but that leaves little relevance for more light-hearted fare like it used to be there and we have at RO; stuff like babes, pop culture, all things Stones, beer, booze, chiba and all that jazz,

But politics do this to opposing sides. Turn them into enemies with intense emotions prevailing. Personally, I lean more toward the left (at my age-19-, it's not uncommon) and don't like the way things are going in the US. But I ain't gonna force my views on others, not here and not on the Gassers' board. If, as Keno stated today, posting here makes me disloyal and a traitor to GasX3, so be it. But unless some smear campaign is directed toward all RO regulars who attempt to post there, I'll do it if I feel like. It's a free country (yes, Canada is a free land as the US is), and Keno of all people should appreciate those virtues. But a little tolerance would be nice. As Bobby Womack said in a song I'm listening to, "y'know everybody works outta their own bag/Can you understand it?/I can understand it."
December 6th, 2004 03:04 AM
IanBillen
Gasland has alot of good posters. However alot of Bullshit does get started at Gasland.
One other note: The Gasland message board format is terrible.
They really need a better format on their board.
I like it here at Rocks Off.

And so do you....which is why you have visited us.

Now quit with the silly threading and try to mustar something up that is of some value.

Cheers
Ian
December 6th, 2004 04:53 PM
Starbuck Fox News sucks!

Bill OReilley needs a weekend with a cheap hooker, a case of string cheese and some jack daniels.

and a little exile wouldn't hurt....
December 6th, 2004 05:19 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
Fox News sucks!

Bill OReilley needs a weekend with a cheap hooker, a case of string cheese and some jack daniels.

Starbuck - do you want me to fist you with my avatar? It's the VIP newbie welcome...
December 6th, 2004 05:25 PM
gypsy
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Starbuck - do you want me to fist you with my avatar? It's the VIP newbie welcome...

I don't think you even have to ask. He so wants to be fisted. He wouldn't post that way if he didn't want it.
December 6th, 2004 05:30 PM
not bound to please
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I don't think you even have to ask. He so wants to be fisted. He wouldn't post that way if he didn't want it.

Starbuck has puppet bitch written all over him, with Joey's skid marks.
December 6th, 2004 05:30 PM
telecaster
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

What is your point? Sounds like the perfect weekend to me
December 6th, 2004 05:41 PM
SheRat
quote:
telecaster wrote:

What is your point? Sounds like the perfect weekend to me

I think that *is* the point, but you know me, tele. I'm polite as an Englishwoman at high tea and wouldn't want to speak for anyone else.

Speaking of hookers, whiskey and uncaking, are we going to Diamond's together while I'm in town this time? I read somewhere you said you weren't getting any--a trip to Diamond's may be just what you need...
December 6th, 2004 05:55 PM
stones-addict
quote:
Booty wrote:
am I banned yet?

If you need tips on how to get banned, either myself or my close friend Demon Life would be happy to help you. We can be contacted through any of the links below...
December 6th, 2004 05:58 PM
telecaster
quote:
SheRat wrote:

I think that *is* the point, but you know me, tele. I'm polite as an Englishwoman at high tea and wouldn't want to speak for anyone else.

Speaking of hookers, whiskey and uncaking, are we going to Diamond's together while I'm in town this time? I read somewhere you said you weren't getting any--a trip to Diamond's may be just what you need...

SheRat not only am I not getting any I have forgetten what it is that I should be missing.

None the less, I will go the the bank
and get $1000 in twenties for you and I for our trip to
"Diamonds"

I hope it will all come back to me

SheRat I was just thinking of you. I was downloading several "Chicago" songs, not the gay stuff they did later but the classic stuff they started out with

Of course you are aware they hung out at our stop, the "DePaul" stop and their manager owns "Demon Dogs" underneath the "El"

Signed

"Itchy and Scatchy" in South Carolina
December 6th, 2004 06:09 PM
SheRat
quote:
telecaster wrote:

SheRat I was just thinking of you. I was downloading several "Chicago" songs, not the gay stuff they did later but the classic stuff they started out with

Of course you are aware they hung out at our stop, the "DePaul" stop and their manager owns "Demon Dogs" underneath the "El"

My uncle used to hang with those dudes too. I HATE that gay stuff they did later, but I'll tell ya, I loves me some "Saturday in the Park" and "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" My family used to run a cheesecake booth at Festa Italiana and so when I was little we'd work the fair and then we'd go out on my uncle's boat and I'd hear those songs.

I have CTA, and Chicagos 2 and 3. Do you remember the liner notes that said "We dedicate this album and ourselves and all our future energies to the people of the revolution and the revolution in all its forms."

Hilarious stuff!

Anyways, Diamonds, here we come! Ya wanna hit amateur night with Wendy Snyder?
[Edited by SheRat]
December 6th, 2004 06:27 PM
Starbuck "Starbuck - do you want me to fist you with my avatar?"

sounds kinky!

i, however, am married, so take it easy on me.

well, the first time, at least.

December 6th, 2004 06:31 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
You forgot one...

11. "Gasland: the land of Gas" -- the absolute perfect moniker for a place so full of bullshit and hot air.

your so right.
December 7th, 2004 02:10 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Starbuck has puppet bitch written all over him, with Joey's skid marks.

Speaking of " Skid Marks " ..................

Lambchop .................Get Over Here !!!!

{{{ " Git !!! " }}}}

The Passion of the Joey ! �
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood