ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LA Stones must do's??? Return to archive
December 3rd, 2004 04:34 PM
masoudi Hi all

I am from New Zealand and will be in LA for about three days from the 15th of December and then to Sweden for about 4 weeks.

I will be doing the tourist thing (Disney etc)but will try and sneak out and find some of LA's best record stores to see if I can find a few Stones collectibles. Can someone let me know where I should best hunt, vinyl, cd's, memorabilia, whatever. I need names and addresses etc. Im staying in Anaheim? (near Disney)

I would also love to go to a top Blues or Rock bar. If you know LA please give me your reccomendations

Cheers, Brendon
December 3rd, 2004 05:54 PM
glencar LA? I don't know it well enough to recommend blues bars. Hollywood had a couple of crappy CD stores last time I was there. You'd be much better off in NY or Chicago. In any case, avoid Knotts Berry Farm.
December 3rd, 2004 08:04 PM
SeerSuckersuit Rhino Records is the only place I've seen Vinyl Boots here ....
They also have a Stones Pinball for sale ... ($4,000)
MudFlaps elsewhere posted all the better clubs ....

Josha Tree where Keith and Gram Parsons hung out is not far ...
December 3rd, 2004 08:21 PM
doo doo doo Dude Amoeba Records in Hollywood always seems to have lots of vinyl Stones boots as well as tons of other great collectibles.

For music, there's always the House of Blues in Hollywood as well as the one in Anaheim (at Disneyland no less) but do yourself a favor and try to pick up an LA Weekly or OC Weekly magazine to find out who's playing in town the week you're here. Have a good time.
December 4th, 2004 07:56 AM
J.J.Flash Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute...... heck... you all are talking about vinyl bootlegs as if it was as easy to find as Live Licks...... Do you really mean that!?!? I mean, vinyl bootlegs in US are REALLY easy to fnid and affordable, I mean, cheap?
December 4th, 2004 11:41 AM
glencar Here are some possible ideas:

http://www.timeout.com/travel/losangeles/
December 4th, 2004 04:46 PM
SeerSuckersuit J.J. ..... At Rhino, I picked up the 12" vinyl ....

Charlie Watts and his Fabulous Rolling Stones - 1975 Tour of the Americas

for $12.99 .... They had 5 or 6 others and I'm not sure how good the price was but, I had seen that show recorded at the LA Forum .... so that was what I wanted ....

Fingerprint file is 9:52 mins with Keith on lead guitar ... Cool stuff

December 4th, 2004 06:26 PM
masoudi Thanks so much for the ideas. ill let you know how I went when i get home

Cheers, Brendon
December 4th, 2004 06:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 15-18 December 2004 dates from POLLSTAR

LOS ANGELES

Wed 12/15/04 Lylah Dragonfly
Wed 12/15/04 Jem El Rey Theatre
Wed 12/15/04 Keith Urban The Wiltern LG
Thu 12/16/04 The 89 Cubs Echo
Thu 12/16/04 Medium Medium El Rey Theatre
Thu 12/16/04 Moving Units El Rey Theatre
Thu 12/16/04 Anadivine Knitting Factory
Thu 12/16/04 Before Today Knitting Factory
Thu 12/16/04 Liar's Academy Knitting Factory
Thu 12/16/04 The Beautiful Mistake Knitting Factory
Thu 12/16/04 Smokey Robinson TBA
Fri 12/17/04 Pleaseeasaur Knitting Factory
Fri 12/17/04 Hollertronix Little Temple
Sat 12/18/04 Big Sandy & His Fly Rite Boys 1160 Bar & Lounge
Sat 12/18/04 Brian Joseph House Concert
Sat 12/18/04 Dianne Reeves Walt Disney Concert Hall

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood