ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in Studio (!) - According to Q Magazine Return to archive
December 3rd, 2004 09:24 AM
Zeeta Hi just read this in Q's January mag - don't know what their sources are though...

Incoming Albums -

The Rolling Stones

Working title: Untitled

Due: Summer 2005

The Lowdown:

With drummer Charlie Watts having had the all clear in battle against throat cancer, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have begun work on the band's first new album in seven years."Some days, Keith just walks in and plays bass on what I've written" says Jagger. "I'm excited by what we've got so far".

And that's it very onimous!!!
December 3rd, 2004 09:27 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
"Some days, Keith just walks in and plays bass on what I've written" says Jagger. "I'm excited by what we've got so far".

I LIKE WHAT I READ...
Thanks Zeeta!
December 3rd, 2004 09:28 AM
gotdablouse "onimous" ?

That Mick quote was lifted from an interview he did for Alfie, basically they don't know anything more (and probably less) than people who read RO ;-)
December 3rd, 2004 09:29 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
"onimous" ?

That Mick quote was lifted from an interview he did for Alfie, basically they don't know anything more (and probably less) than people who read RO ;-)

That's alright, it still excites me to see it printed
December 3rd, 2004 09:30 AM
mac_daddy that quote, and story, was first published on sept 30, and you are right, gotdablouse, i believe it was in conjunction with the press-hype for alfie...

there is more to it [but below is what i copied, (trimmed) and pasted on another board]...

the whole thing was posted in another thread, but i am too lazy to go digging in the archives for it

"I just spent two weeks writing songs with Keith. Some days they're all songs where I'm just there on my own, and Keith walks in and plays the bass on what I've written, and some days it's the reverse, and I go in and play the piano on something he's written," Jagger explains.

Meanwhile, he says Stones drummer Charlie Watts has apparently beaten the throat cancer he was treated for earlier this year: "He's had all his treatments and he's been pronounced free and clear of everything"

Jagger says he had no idea when the band would take to the road again -- "I suspect we'll do the album and then we'll do the tour"

9-30-04

[Edited by mac_daddy]
December 3rd, 2004 10:19 AM
Mel Belli Amazing how much mileage the media get from a weeks-old interview...
December 3rd, 2004 10:26 AM
J.J.Flash It really doesn't matter how reliable and up-to-date this article is. Anyway, today is friday we are gonna have some beers plus Caipirinhas and I'm now so excited that I'm grabbing Joey's cock (like Caf� Hostess Jill has lovely done last week at Barnes & Noble).

Pussy!

"Can I buy you a beer Ronnie?"
December 3rd, 2004 10:34 AM
Zeeta Although it seems to be made up of old bits of interviews it is still a very good sign that a respected (albeit not by me!) magazine is willing to put its neck on the line to say that our favourite band will be making an album by next summer!

Anyway its better than hearing "[they're] not gonna tour or record ever, ever again" by Keith Richards INNIT!?!?!?
December 3rd, 2004 10:41 AM
Jair Anybody has pictures of them working???????

December 3rd, 2004 10:41 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Anyway its better than hearing "[they're] not gonna tour or record ever, ever again" by Keith Richards INNIT!?!?!?

yes, it is.
December 3rd, 2004 10:44 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
[...]

Which interview and when did Keith say that Matt?
December 3rd, 2004 10:47 AM
Zeeta My Brasillian friend he never say that and that is why the above news is good news!!!
December 3rd, 2004 11:08 AM
gotdablouse I don't think he ever said that, but on the recording part he came close to it last year in the infmaous Uncut interview where he basically said he was happy to sit on his ass and not bother with new material, and cash in on the tours, which came as shock to most longtime fans who never thought that Keith would be the one "losing it" like this.

On the Q vs Internet part, it's funny because ten years ago I would have been apoplectic reading that in Q, having been otherwise kept in the dark...that "information shift" is the reason why I practically never by Q anymore or for that matter Beatles Magazine ;-)
[Edited by gotdablouse]
December 3rd, 2004 03:15 PM
Gazza it just sounds like they (ie Mick & Keith) are doing some pre-production work, nothing more. Just writing a bit and bouncing a few ideas off each other.

Similar to what they do on all albums in the last few years. They did the same in London in late 1996 a few months before they recorded BTB.
December 3rd, 2004 04:04 PM
gotdablouse Well it's a start ;-)
By the way wasn't that pre-production work for B2B done in New-York in Decembre of 1996? Not that they couldn't have gotten started in London but since their time in the UK is limited (tax status) you'd think they'd use it to be with relatives, etc...
December 3rd, 2004 04:10 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Gazza wrote:
it just sounds like they (ie Mick & Keith) are doing some pre-production work, nothing more. Just writing a bit and bouncing a few ideas off each other.

Similar to what they do on all albums in the last few years. They did the same in London in late 1996 a few months before they recorded BTB.

Seriously - do you think they are spent?
December 3rd, 2004 04:30 PM
gotdablouse Don't want to answer in the place of Gazza, but I think it's safe to say that he was just saying that this is the normal way they've always worked. Until the early 70s they pretty much did that day in day out and since then they've crammed these writing sessions in a couple of weeks here and there.

I don't think they're spent, at least not Mick, but they certainly don't live for the music and the band as they once did. I'd say 90% until 1971, then gradually down to 50% by 1981 and then down to maybe 25% ever since. That's life, things can't last forever.
December 3rd, 2004 04:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Well it's a start ;-)
By the way wasn't that pre-production work for B2B done in New-York in Decembre of 1996? Not that they couldn't have gotten started in London but since their time in the UK is limited (tax status) you'd think they'd use it to be with relatives, etc...

You're right. New York it was.
December 3rd, 2004 04:59 PM
gimmekeef Its Friday night..I'm going to pretend this is new news and True..and celebrate with some beers ,scotch and Let It Bleed so loud my neighbors drop over!!!!!!!!
December 3rd, 2004 05:49 PM
glencar Hey, at least someone mentioned them! These days they're in danger of being famous only on this & the other 2 boards.
December 3rd, 2004 08:30 PM
Soldatti I don't expect nothing until January-February...
December 5th, 2004 04:37 AM
Booty I predict no new material in '05, cept for the 2 or 3 new bonus tracks on another greatest hits comp.
December 5th, 2004 08:35 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Booty wrote:
I predict no new material in '05, cept for the 2 or 3 new bonus tracks on another greatest hits comp.

The end of the Rolling Stones after that...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood