ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Career Highlight(s) Return to archive
December 3rd, 2004 05:53 AM
Zeeta In the Stone's career?

How about the completion of the 72 tour on the back of Exile?!?!

The HUGE sell out world tour in 81/ 82 biggest of its kind - set a precident thereafter.

Comeback Kings with Voodoo Lounge Tour and album that was actually quite good!

Opinions ladies and gentle men...

"is there a bawlkanie up there!?!?"
December 3rd, 2004 07:03 AM
J.J.Flash The guys onstage on the period between 69-73. The following tours were damn great, Keith was playing amazingly onstage in the 80's along with Ron Wood, but nothing can beat what they had achieved in 72 with those stirring renditions of Bye Bye Johnny and Happy with a Keith screming his lungs out and attacking his strings like never.

Voodoo Lounge was the best thing after Hampton 81. A great album indeed Matt, I dare to say a great album with real Hard Rocks like I Go Wild ,You Got Me Rockin', Love is Strong, and soulful beatiful ballads. 2 of the best Keith's signature songs.

But the seventies.....oaaaahhhh the 70's....if I had a time machine
December 3rd, 2004 07:19 AM
Gazza The Stones greatest achievement is staying together and being consistently successful and popular for such a long time. A unique achievement in such a fickle industry
December 3rd, 2004 07:37 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The Stones greatest achievement is staying together and being consistently successful and popular for such a long time. A unique achievement in such a fickle industry

Damn right my irish brother!
December 3rd, 2004 07:42 AM
Zeeta Very true Gazza! It's cos they love the music, eachother and love playing together that they are still going...oh and what the fuck else would they do! Keith would go MAD with no life on the road!!
December 3rd, 2004 08:47 AM
Bruno Stone A highlight: the Stones performing in my TV screen in `98. ( Rio )

Especially performing Gimme Shelter, that destroyed me.( in the good meaning). I`ll never forget that.
December 3rd, 2004 08:53 AM
gustavobala
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
The guys onstage on the period between 69-73. The following tours were damn great, Keith was playing amazingly onstage in the 80's along with Ron Wood, but nothing can beat what they had achieved in 72 with those stirring renditions of Bye Bye Johnny and Happy with a Keith screming his lungs out and attacking his strings like never.

Voodoo Lounge was the best thing after Hampton 81. A great album indeed Matt, I dare to say a great album with real Hard Rocks like I Go Wild ,You Got Me Rockin', Love is Strong, and soulful beatiful ballads. 2 of the best Keith's signature songs.

call me if you find this machine, i want go with you man....

i agree in everything!
December 3rd, 2004 08:26 PM
Soldatti
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

The same here brother...
December 3rd, 2004 11:51 PM
BILL PERKS AUGUST 31 1989 VET STADIUM..FINALLY...FOR ME NOTHING WILL TOP IT
December 4th, 2004 06:30 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

The same here brother...

We must read more Einstein's stuff, studying more Physics and engineer and then we could work on it Soldie.
December 4th, 2004 11:43 AM
glencar Their highest career achievement was their string of #1 albums in the US. I think it stands at 15 or so.
December 4th, 2004 05:08 PM
Gazza As far as I can make out, its ten in the US
(Englands Newest Hitmakers, Out of Our Heads, Sticky Fingers, Exile, GHS, IORR, Black and Blue, Some Girls, Emotional Rescue, Tattoo You). Eight studio albums in a row topped the charts, but none of the last five have done.

They've had ten in the UK too - Voodoo Lounge being the last one.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood