ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Worst Acts Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
November 30th, 2004 04:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
10. Liberache
9. Partridge Family
8. The Carpenters
7. Bay City Rollers
6. Gary Glitter
5. Barry Manilow
4. Cliff Richard
3. Adam Ant
2. Cher
1. Tiny Tim
November 30th, 2004 04:53 PM
Saint Sway the bands you listed are definately lame. But I think that deep down, even they realize that.

for me, the most pathetic acts are the ones that THINK they rock and are cool and hard edged, yet are REALLY lame beyond even description

for example, acts like:
Eminem (this guys number 1 with a bullet)
Avril Levigne
Bon Jovi
Green Day
Dave Navarro
Creed
Blink 182 and all the other mall rats that think they're punk
November 30th, 2004 05:01 PM
Back Street Girl 1. Beatles
2. Paul McCartney
3. Elton John
4. Kiss
5. Cliff Richard
6. Bon Jovi
7. Willie Nelson
8. David Coverdale
9. Celine Dion
10.Bruce Springsteen
November 30th, 2004 05:07 PM
Saint Sway ahem... Willie Nelson???

the guys pretty talented. Stellar career. Great singer/songwriter. And a huge influence. He helped changed country music by fighting the system and going "outlaw" against the Nashville establishment.

I get it if hes not your taste, but Willie's cool. He doesnt belong on a list with Bon Jovi and Celine Dion.
November 30th, 2004 05:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
for me, the most pathetic acts are the ones that THINK they rock and are cool and hard edged, yet are REALLY lame beyond even description

Good point. That's another entire list! LOL. Actually most of the acts I listed have their good points. Liberache live must have been a spectacle....they say he gave new meaning to the word "showmanship." Whether they like the music or not everyone pretty much agrees that Karen Carpenter could have gone alot further had she dumped Richard and started rocking. Tiny Tim, well a whack job, but they say he could recite thousands of folk songs from memory. I mean who can argue with Cliff's numbers on the charts. And, as I was informed here at Rocks Off last week that David Cassidy had/has an eleven inch cock. Really you can say something good about everyone....

November 30th, 2004 08:22 PM
PolkSalad I've seen this band open for Los Straitjackets 2x. Bad Bad.
http://www.thegoldstars.com/

how can I forget Jim DeRogatis' band Vortis?!?!?!

http://www.vortisrock.com/Vortis1.htm

[Edited by PolkSalad]
November 30th, 2004 09:57 PM
Soldatti 1. Barry Manilou
2. Mili Vanili
3. Tin Machine
4. Creed
5. Cher
6. Cliff Richards
7. Prodigy
8. Paula Abdul
9. Gary Glitter
10. Jacksons 5
November 30th, 2004 10:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Nankerace dancing with LadyJane and Gypsy is bixarre and above all others, the worst

The Bono-Sir Stonesalot duet is terrible but so sexy

And Corgi37 dancing in the dark is the best act ever he must tour and open for the Stones in all venues in the future
November 30th, 2004 10:50 PM
corgi37 I'm with ya, Voodoo. I could be a "Honky Tonk Woman"!

1. Beatles
2. Michael Jackson
3. Kiss
4. Bon Jovi
5. Eminem
6. All American, Australian, Euro, U.K. Idols
7. Elvis
8. 1/2 the Seattle bands from early 90's.
9. 99.99% of all Nu-metal bands IE: Linkin Park or Fred Durst's dirge band.
10. INXS - Aussie or not, i bloody hated them
11. Poison
12. Warrant
13. Bucks Fizz
14. Eagles
15. All boy bands

And, just to stir ya's up, but i 100% mean it

16. Ramones
17. Radiohead
18. Pink Floyd
19. Sex Pistols
20. Rolling Stones - hahaha
November 30th, 2004 11:00 PM
Zack
quote:
Back Street Girl wrote:
1. Beatles
2. Paul McCartney
3. Elton John
7. Willie Nelson
10.Bruce Springsteen

Calling Bill Perks!
November 30th, 2004 11:57 PM
Barney Fife Post 1972 Fleetwood Mac has got to be one of the worst bands in the history of the universe - even worse than The Shaggs.

And corgi37, if you don't like the Ramones, you might as well abandon music as a hobby!
December 1st, 2004 12:09 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
if you don't like the Ramones, you might as well abandon music as a hobby!

QFT (quoted for truth)
December 1st, 2004 02:36 AM
rockstarbrian is there something wrong with you people? Elton John sucks??? Willie Nelson sucks??? Green Day sucks???

First off, keith richards played with Willie Nelson at his frickin' birthday party!! Are you people idiots? You think you know music better than KEITH RICHARDS knows music??? You people are retarded. You know that if keith richards came to your house and told you to your face that willie nelson was awesome, you wouldn't argue. Why attack the other acts that the stones actually like?? Are you people even stones fans on this forum?

And what about the fact that Green Day covered 2000 Light Years Away on the frickin' first album? They revere the stones just like every other band should, and half their songs are reminiscent of Jumpin' Jack Flash and Live With Me! They just play the songs faster and harder, like the stones did when they were young punk kids. Mick Jagger even said, "You can't out-punk keith. He's the original punk."!!!! You people need to open up your ears.

And to say that Elton John sucks, when he was not only heavily influenced by the stones, but to say that he sucks when he's one of mick jagger's acts that he likes is just sheer stupidity. I'm beginning to lose faith in stones fans...

One of the greatest parts about the stones is that they started millions of other bands, and you can hear their influence in all the best groups in the world. Haven't you ever heard saturday night's alright for fighting? Street Fighting Man? The songs practically a reply to the stones song. Plus, Elton would have never even made Goodbye Yellow Brick Road if the stones hadn't made Exile On Main Street. He even went to Jamaica to record it kuz the stones recorded Goat's Head Soup there!
December 1st, 2004 04:04 AM
F505 1. Queen
2. Michael Jackson
3. Pet Shop Boys
4. Elton John
5. Blof
6. Jon Bon Jovi
7. Captain and Tenille
8. Bay City Rollers
9. The Carpenters
10. Guns 'n Roses
December 1st, 2004 05:55 AM
Jumping Jack Justin Timberlake belongs on the list somewhere.
December 1st, 2004 09:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
rockstarbrian wrote:
Why attack the other acts that the stones actually like?? Are you people even stones fans on this forum?

Jeez, I guess I'll have to recheck my list to make sure if the Stones actually like some of them or not. I'm sure that David Cassidy's eleven inch cock has gained him at least some measure of respect and admiration. I always wondered why he was always smiling.
December 1st, 2004 11:58 AM
F505 quote:
Why attack the other acts that the stones actually like??

Rubbish!
December 1st, 2004 12:01 PM
jb Great selections Corgi-but you omitted u2!!!
[Edited by jb]
December 1st, 2004 12:15 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
rockstarbrian wrote:
You think you know music better than KEITH RICHARDS knows music???

Yes.

My music is based on what I like; not others. Just because Keith likes something, doesn't mean I have to. Nor, does it mean he's a qualified music critic.

Grow some nuts, man, before you start calling people "idiots" and "retards".
December 1st, 2004 12:42 PM
glencar David Cassidy has an 11 inch cock? You always learn something on this board unless it's a Josh post.
December 1st, 2004 12:55 PM
Factory Girl Glencar, its true about David Cassidy. I heard that one since jr. high.

Oh and-

Elton John
Rush
Queen
Police
Sting
Hoobastank
December 1st, 2004 12:59 PM
glencar Oh my...

The Who
The DeFranco Family
Bay City Rollers
The Culture Club
Ashlee Simpson
The Eagles
mid-career Elvis Costello
December 1st, 2004 01:08 PM
Factory Girl We need a pic of David Cassidy here---->
December 1st, 2004 01:17 PM
Saint Sway I am totally ashamed of myself for leaving Lenny Kravitz off my list. LENNY IS THE LAMEST OF ALL!!
December 1st, 2004 01:37 PM
Gazza sheesh.dont call Lenny lame...after all, Mick likes him and he's played onstage with the Stones...
December 1st, 2004 01:40 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
David Cassidy has an 11 inch cock? You always learn something on this board unless it's a Josh post.

Angry again?
December 1st, 2004 01:51 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oh my...

The Who

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Why must you make young Joey cry so violently ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Frisky ! �
December 1st, 2004 02:15 PM
glencar Joshy, I'm not angry at all. I seek & tell the truth.
December 1st, 2004 02:15 PM
glencar Joey, see above.
December 1st, 2004 02:28 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, I'm not angry at all. I seek & tell the truth.

Blue ..................................

All morning I have had a sharp pain in my left flank , a scorching case of I.B.S. , my Bells Palsey is acting up , blood in my stools AND urine , a shy bladder ( very shy ) , undescended testes , a mass in the pit of my stomach and I have been coughing up a lot of blood .

However ........................and I really must admit , I feel pretty Frisky today and if called upon could do a little " two - step " for you and " Dance Like A Clown ! "

" Stones Rule You friggin Bastards ! "

Little Friskies !
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood