ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© Unknown author with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'Rolling Stones were casual in their conversation’ - chantal Return to archive
December 8th, 2005 10:46 AM
moy ‘Sting and the Rolling Stones were casual in their conversation’
Nuzhat Aziz
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 21:09 IST

She’s the face behind award ceremonies including the Grammys in 1999, the VH1 Vogue Fashion Awards, MTV Europe Music Awards and Unicef. Chantal Prud’homme, who has some of the most high-profile music award shows to her credit, is now in India for the MTV Immies this month.

“I have been dabbling in this industry for almost eight years now. And I strongly feel there’s a lot of difference between working on international projects and Indian ones,” she says.

Chantal, who feels that the highlight of her career has been putting up the Grammy Awards, says, “The bigger the star, the nicer they are. When I met Sting and the Rolling Stones, they were so casual in their conversation. It’s unbelievable!”

Talking about her experiences in India, she continues, “Every time it’s like a new challenge and the trick is to get everything in order - the performance, presentation, coordination - everything has to happen in sync.”

To be innovative and different is what she believes in. “This year for the MTV Immies, I am trying out something which has never been done in India. The stage will be similar to a Greek theatre where the audience will be seated higher than the stage.” According to Chantal, most of her projects take almost nine months to complete.

Having had a brush with Bollywood stars a couple of years ago (while handling a show), Chantal confesses, “I love Saif Ali Khan. He was the host for the Immies a couple of years ago and he did a fantastic job. I think he’s great.” Referring to Bollywood stars, she continues, “I have worked with international stars and I’m amazed to see how professional Bollywood stars are. The performers abroad take so much time to get the show going, but here it’s like a cakewalk for them!”
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)