ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© Unknown author with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: on this date we lost a true musical legend Return to archive
December 8th, 2005 10:41 AM
Saint Sway R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell
December 8th, 2005 10:45 AM
sirmoonie Yes, R.I.P. Dimebag. I'll never forget Eddie Van Halen's eulogy at Dimebag's funeral.
December 8th, 2005 10:48 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Yes, R.I.P. Dimebag. I'll never forget Eddie Van Halen's eulogy at Dimebag's funeral.

You serious, Clark?
December 8th, 2005 10:57 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

You serious, Clark?

I would not lie about Dimebag's eulogy. Dimebag's eulogy is something about which I would not lie.
December 8th, 2005 11:23 AM
Maxlugar [quote]sirmoonie wrote:

I would not lie about Dimebag's eulogy. Dimebag's eulogy is something about which I would not lie.

What did he say??!?!?!?!!!
December 8th, 2005 11:32 AM
Joey " What did he say??!?!?!?!!!"

W- W- W- What ?!?!

http://www.facesandnames.com/

December 8th, 2005 11:48 AM
jb Jerry Lewis was not quite as blaoted on his recent Larry King appearence. I think he is off the prednisone for his respiratory problems as that stuff really causes you to swell!!!!(see giant Odetta)
December 8th, 2005 11:50 AM
Joey " Jerry Lewis was not quite as blaoted on his recent Larry King appearence. I think he is off the prednisone for his respiratory problems as that stuff really causes you to swell!!!!(see giant Odetta)"

December 8th, 2005 12:34 PM
Dan This is also the date of another infamous murder:

12/8/84
Vince throws a barbeque at his house in Redondo Beach to celebrate the start of Mötley's next album. Members of the Finnish band Hanoi Rocks end up partying with them for days, as they are on their month-long first US tour, supporting their Two Steps From The Move album. A couple of girls with apartments in the complex also party with them, along with Vince's neighbour, who is an NBC anchorman.

A couple of days into the party after taking some Quaaludes and drinking Jack Daniels and a mix of Brandy and Kahlua, Mick Mars has enough of the abuse dished out to him by his girlfriend Linda. He walks out of Vince's house onto the beach where he wades out into the water with his drink, intent on drowning himself to end it all before he blacks out. Vince later spots him washed up on the beach in his leather pants, jacket and boots, but Mick just wants to be left alone.

Meanwhile Vince asks who wants to head to the bottle shop with him in his new red ‘72 Ford Pantera sports car to get some more beer. Twenty four year old Hanoi Rocks drummer, Nicholas ‘Razzle’ Dingley volunteers first and they soon leave, picking up a couple of hundred dollars worth of beer and other alcohol, which Razzle holds in his lap during the ride back. At 6:38pm and about four blocks from his home, Vince's car slides sideways in a wet spot on the road and he loses control, doing 65mph in a 25mph zone at the time. The car heads into oncoming traffic approaching a rise on the beachfront Esplanade northbound lane and collides into the passenger's side of the only oncoming vehicle: a VW driven by eighteen-year-old Lisa Hogan. Her twenty-year-old passenger, Daniel Louis Smithers, is injured in the crash, as is Vince’s friend and passenger, Razzle. Vince is concussed and has cracked ribs and minor facial cuts when the ambulance arrives. When Tommy Lee arrives at the scene on foot after hearing sirens go by Vince's house, he sees Vince sitting on the kerb with his head in his hands, and also sees Razzle's Converse sneaker in the middle of the road. Vince’s blood alcohol level reads 0.17 when given a breathalyzer on the scene - well above the legal limit of 0.10. He is read his rights and taken by police in their squad car to the nearby city of Torrance, due to Redondo's jail being given its yearly painting.

Razzle is taken to Redondo's South Bay Hospital while Tommy drives his wife Candice, Vince's wife Beth and members of Hanoi Rocks there. After a long wait, a doctor advises them that Razzle died at 7:12pm, after his severe head injuries were too much.

Lisa Hogan is rushed in critical condition to the intensive care unit of Little Company of Mary Hospital where she remains in a coma until the end of the month, with a broken arm and two broken legs. Her head injury leaves her liable to fly into psychomotor seizures as a result of some brain damage. Daniel Smithers is taken to South Bay Hospital suffering a broken leg and some brain damage. The driver of a third car involved is uninjured.

This date is ironically the first day of USA National Drunk Driving Awareness Week.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)