ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© Unknown author with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Grammy's nominations... Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 8th, 2005 09:54 AM
Soldatti Here the full list this year:
http://grammys.com/awards/grammy/48Awards.aspx

U2 is all over the list and Macca for album of the year?
December 8th, 2005 10:00 AM
Gazza need I ask the obvious question or is it a waste of energy?
December 8th, 2005 10:06 AM
GimmeExile Best Rock Album
(Vocal or Instrumental. Includes Hard Rock and Metal.)

X&Y
Coldplay
[Capitol Records]

In Your Honor
Foo Fighters
[RCA Records]

A Bigger Bang
The Rolling Stones
[Virgin Records]

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
U2
[Interscope Records]

Prairie Wind
Neil Young
[Reprise Records]
December 8th, 2005 10:13 AM
voodoopug The Grammys are actually one of the award shows that seem to favor older, non youth populated acts on occassion (see Steely Dan winning a few years back as well as Voodoo Lounge)....I think this is theirs for the taking
December 8th, 2005 10:17 AM
gimmekeef Milli Vanilli won one....so who cares about these awards.If Exile/LIB/Sticky/Beggars where not worthy...then f'emm
December 8th, 2005 10:18 AM
Gazza Mmmm.. tough competition indeed

("Prairie Wind" is a "rock" album ???)
December 8th, 2005 10:26 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
("Prairie Wind" is a "rock" album ???)

...and Springsteen's DEVILS & DUST is "best contemporary folk album."
December 8th, 2005 10:36 AM
Gazza LOL..christ, youre kiddin'

Most of it would fit into that category perhaps but theres a couple of 'electric' rockers on it!

Some of these categories they think up are truly head-scratching. It'll get to the stage in about 30 years time where they have a category for every single record released that year. The ceremony will just be over in time for the following year's event.
December 8th, 2005 10:38 AM
gimmekeef Didnt Tull win one for "best new artist" or something back in teh 80's???..The lame asses cant even get the categories right!
December 8th, 2005 10:39 AM
Mel Belli Macca's album and the song "Fine Line" are ridiculous nominations. Or maybe not. People always complain that Grammys are just a popularity contest; but "Chaos and Creation" made absolutely no impact on the pop market this year, so...
December 8th, 2005 10:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Didnt Tull win one for "best new artist" or something back in teh 80's???..The lame asses cant even get the categories right!

they won best heavy metal act....humiliating...was it the grammys that awarded that?
December 8th, 2005 01:42 PM
gimmekeef I'm sure it was a grammy pug..and yes you're right it was heavy metal....jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
December 8th, 2005 02:27 PM
justforyou Should the Stones play at the grammies ?
December 8th, 2005 02:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
justforyou wrote:
Should the Stones play at the grammies ?

I think we all remember the "Salt Lake Incident"

I suspect if they play live there and not via satelite, then that will be fine....young Jake can only do so much and as we seen with the "salt lake incident" if the show is not running on time...massive humiliation is imminent.
December 8th, 2005 03:51 PM
texile
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I think we all remember the "Salt Lake Incident"

I suspect if they play live there and not via satelite, then that will be fine....young Jake can only do so much and as we seen with the "salt lake incident" if the show is not running on time...massive humiliation is imminent.

it looms large in my mind and that's why this is disheartening...
i always wish the stones would be ignored by crap like this.
December 8th, 2005 04:14 PM
glencar I can't see them not winning. BTW I just bought the expanded ABB but probably won't play the DVD for several more years. I've gotten very bad about that...
December 8th, 2005 05:00 PM
Joey " Macca for album of the year? "

December 8th, 2005 06:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
justforyou wrote:
Should the Stones play at the grammies ?

NO!!!!

They shouldnt even be in attendance!

1st off, Coldplay is winning. I guarantee. I havent listened to the record so I cant tell you whether its worry. But their the IT band of 05. They'll win.

But Stones should not play. Should not show up. Just ignore it all together.

Remember when they were given a lifetime Grammy in 86? They accepted via sattelite from London because they were The Fuckin Stones and they were legends and far too cool to show up at an award show that fawns upon all the no-talent Johnny come latelies.

When Voodoo won they skipped it too. As well they should because The Worlds Greatest Rock And Roll Band does not hang out at award banquets hoping to be seen clapping on tv.

Mick was at the Emmys last year and he looked like an old ass accepting for Alfie in his shiny suit and platform sneakers.

The Stones had it right way back in the early 60s when they refused to stand on that silly revolving stage and wave to the audience following Tops Of The Pops or whatever show it was.

let the 15 minute pop stars act like cheap whores and get up and gush at the award shows. Stones should show their cool and lay low.

sometimes Mick needs to ask himself "What would Charlie do?".
That cat seems like the last Stone with any real dignity left.
December 8th, 2005 08:38 PM
Soldatti U2 is on the nomination, so U2 will win.
December 8th, 2005 08:44 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
U2 is on the nomination, so U2 will win.

You got that right my numerical friend!!! What's the total mow> 399k USA?
December 8th, 2005 08:54 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:

You got that right my numerical friend!!! What's the total mow> 399k USA?

390k for ABB (#125 this week), 35k for Rarities (#134 this week), Macca's album at #67 with 358k and U2 still on the Top 200 after a whole year with +3.000.000
December 8th, 2005 08:58 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

390k for ABB (#125 this week), 35k for Rarities (#134 this week), Macca's album at #67 with 358k and U2 still on the Top 200 after a whole year with +3.000.000

Macca will surpass us..and U2 's album really sucks..it's all demographics!!!! I think in 9 months ABB will reach Gold making it our 42nd Gold Album?
December 8th, 2005 09:21 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
I think in 9 months ABB will reach Gold making it our 42nd Gold Album?

ABB got a "fake" Platinum certification. It seems that Virgin is paying to some people in RIAA, Live Licks got a Gold certification with less than 100k sold and ABB it's light years far from the platinum mark.
December 8th, 2005 09:41 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

ABB got a "fake" Platinum certification. It seems that Virgin is paying to some people in RIAA, Live Licks got a Gold certification with less than 100k sold and ABB it's light years far from the platinum mark.

I love it!!! We win even if we lose!!!(just like us lawyers!!!)
[Edited by jb]
December 8th, 2005 10:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

I only hope the man responsible for this was properly thanked......YOUNG JAKE COHL!
December 8th, 2005 11:21 PM
pdog Fuck awards shows, especially this one...
December 9th, 2005 10:19 AM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Fuck awards shows, especially this one...

I find it strangely odd that as it turns out, we seem to think quite a bit alike.
December 9th, 2005 10:25 AM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
Fuck awards shows, especially this one...

You shall be greeted on 1/20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 9th, 2005 11:41 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

You shall be greeted on 1/20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....and 1/29 ?!?!?!
|
|
|
V

December 9th, 2005 12:51 PM
gimmekeef http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0150533.html

Look up any year and have a laugh at the winners.No wonder no one gives a shit about grammies.Their record at selecting irrelevancies is almost unbelievable.Find one year they even come close to getting it right from a historical perspective!....Incompetence this grand is normally reserved for governments....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)