ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© Unknown author with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: why is Brians head on display in a mall? Return to archive
December 7th, 2005 03:46 PM
Saint Sway whats up with todays header??

Why is there a bust of Brian in a shopping mall??

isnt there somewhere slightly more respectful to house this sculpture, instead of outside the shopping mall food court, arross from the Foot Locker?

who's in charge of his estate? Yoko?
December 7th, 2005 03:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
whats up with todays header??

Why is there a bust of Brian in a shopping mall??

isnt there somewhere slightly more respectful to house this sculpture, instead of outside the shopping mall food court, arross from the Foot Locker?

who's in charge of his estate? Yoko?

Please add this to the ever growing list of humiliations....it should be placed under the "SALT LAKE INCIDENT"

This, coupled with Memphis not selling out a 13K arena has left us (true stones fans) humbled. Our only hope is that the ever genius YOUNG JAKE COHL steps up and pushes this tour further into the black. Any of us who have enjoyed the tour thus far, owe it all to Young Jake Cohl!
December 7th, 2005 04:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Please add this to the ever growing list of humiliations....it should be placed under the "SALT LAKE INCIDENT"

Yes, Pug, this is very humiliating. Brian's bust belongs in museum not in a mall on display outside of Wicks & Sticks and Express.

I trust that your band will reclaim some of the honor that the Stones community has lost in recent weeks. Be sure to kick ass on Friday.

may I suggest playing CYHMK so fucking loud that it shatters bottles at the bar!

good luck with the gig
December 7th, 2005 05:26 PM
Water Dragon FAN-TASTIC! Finally, people of culture and taste who get the enormity of this sad shot.

Glad to be a part of the "Stones" community where people have a modicum of sensitivity...

Regards,

W.D.
December 7th, 2005 05:29 PM
the good I expect there to be a sandwhich wrapper from Chic Fillet on top of his head in the next header.
[Edited by the good]
December 7th, 2005 05:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
the good wrote:
I expect there to be a sandwhich wrapper from Chic Fillet on top of his head for the next header.

or a pic of some old bag, resting her Jamba Juice on it while she squawks into her cell phone about the sale at Ann Taylor.

this cant go on...

where is this mall? I will go there and steal the bust. Brian was a great artist. He deserves to be rescued and delivered to a proper place of respect.

during these humiliating times, we as Stones fans, need to follow RollingStonesUSA's lead and BECOME MORE VIGILANTE. That guy has the right idea. I commend his efforts.
December 7th, 2005 05:50 PM
the good That would be great to steal his head. I would put it on top of my entertainment center. Brian would be smiling at me while I cranked out Aftermath.
December 7th, 2005 05:50 PM
Water Dragon The same locale as is burial, and birth place, Cheltenham.
December 7th, 2005 06:40 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck He always wanted to be remembered as the HEAD STONE( Headstone?!!?)

[Edited by Zanck*Zanck*Zanck]
December 7th, 2005 06:47 PM
kath i'm just glad it's not that hideous avocado and orange bust of him.....
December 7th, 2005 06:52 PM
the worst kinda guy
quote:
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck wrote:
He always wanted to be remembered as the HEAD STONE( Headstone?!!?)

[Edited by Zanck*Zanck*Zanck]

maybe it should be in the pool area. hahaha
December 7th, 2005 08:57 PM
tookthatname Please don't judge them too harshly
December 7th, 2005 09:59 PM
mac_daddy jeezus - that is SOOO weak!!! was that where the original one was..? was it behind the glass, too..? i can totally see people resting their sh*t on that while yapping on the phone. but i also can see that thing getting swiped; the thing would fit in a backpack or a duffle bag. was the green and orange one that small..?

December 7th, 2005 10:09 PM
M.O.W.A.T. What next?!? Jim Morrison's tombstone moved from Pere La Chaise to the nearest Parisian Starbucks???
December 7th, 2005 10:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Yes, Pug, this is very humiliating. Brian's bust belongs in museum not in a mall on display outside of Wicks & Sticks and Express.

I trust that your band will reclaim some of the honor that the Stones community has lost in recent weeks. Be sure to kick ass on Friday.

may I suggest playing CYHMK so fucking loud that it shatters bottles at the bar!

good luck with the gig

thank you for the well wishes...we will play CYHMK in the first set and CRANK THE BASTARD AT TOP VOLUME!!!!!!

we will do our best to avoid humiliation!
December 7th, 2005 11:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is the reference header with thanks to Water Dragon

December 8th, 2005 08:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
why is Brians head on display in a mall?

look on the positive side. It could as easily have been his knob.
December 8th, 2005 12:41 PM
KeepRigid If nothing else, the glass should prevent any lewd rubbing.
December 8th, 2005 03:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

look on the positive side. It could as easily have been his knob.

I thought the green & yellow sculpture was of Brians diseased knob?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)