ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© Unknown author with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do the Stones release extra tickets as the show draws nearer? Return to archive
December 7th, 2005 07:53 AM
Rolling Beatle I'm thinking of getting tickets to one of the UNited Center shows with my Christmas money...but I'm wondering if any will still be available by then. I'm trusting only TM and the box office, and I dont' care about my seats, I'll be buying $60 seats.

A friend of mine said that also, if you go to the box office the day of the show, they will give you discounted tickets--ie $450 seats for $60.
December 7th, 2005 10:42 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It's a common practice by all promotors across the world, not the Stones but the companies managing the shows. It is to beat the ticket scalpers, so they use to leave some real small portions of tickets on each zone, specially the cheapest to sale the last day.
December 7th, 2005 10:51 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
It's a common practice by all promotors across the world, not the Stones but the companies managing the shows. It is to beat the ticket scalpers, so they use to leave some real small portions of tickets on each zone, specially the cheapest to sale the last day.

that's called the uranium membership
December 7th, 2005 10:55 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

that's called the uranium membership

It is called " Papering the House " .

I highly recommend seeing the Rolling Stones at the QWEST CENTER as well as the UNITED CENTER .

W- W- W- What ?!?! ...... oh , sure ! :

J. Fly !

[Edited by Joey]
December 7th, 2005 11:04 AM
voodoopug i have been scouting the ticket offices this tour. I have not seen any 450s going for 60 bucks....i have seen many tickets at all prices offered, but nothing discounted. Young Jake will not mark down tickets from 450 to 60, he will comp them out to local businesses first.
December 7th, 2005 11:06 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Young Jake will not mark down tickets from 450 to 60, he will comp them out to local businesses first.

[Edited by Joey]
December 7th, 2005 11:07 AM
nankerphelge Joey?

SALEM, N.H. -- A man dressed as Santa was arrested after he walked into a New Hampshire mall and dropped his pants in front of some teens, according to a Local 6 News report.

Police said Richard Mullen walked into the Mall at Rockingham Park in Salem and performed the act.
"He continued doing this multiple times," Salem police spokesman Robert Larson said. "He was asked to leave the mall by mall security. On his way out of the mall, he dropped the pants one more time as a couple was walking in."

Mullen did not work for the mall as Santa.
Residents at the mall said they were shocked by the man's actions.

"How would you explain that to them that Santa Claus is walking around pulling down his pants?" a mall shopper said. "How would you explain that to them? Yeah, that's disturbing."

Mullen was charged with disorderly conduct.
December 7th, 2005 11:11 AM
Joey "How would you explain that to them that Santa Claus is walking around pulling down his pants?" a mall shopper said. "How would you explain that to them? "

Nanky ?!?!

[ Edited by J. " Snuggles " Fly ]
[Edited by Joey]
December 7th, 2005 03:16 PM
monkey_man Most bands also release VIP tickets if the reservee's haven't shown up. You can score some very sweet tickets if you are there at the right time!
December 8th, 2005 08:06 PM
Rolling Beatle I'd rather know if I was going, somewhat in advance.

Can you call the day of, or a few days earlier and then pick tickets up at will call?
December 9th, 2005 04:02 AM
Flairville The more likely senario is having your ticket upgraded once you're in the building. Lot's of people have had their cheapest tickets upgraded to $450 floor seats. One example was at the Wachovia shows in Philly, a steward walked up to the seats slightly behaind the stage and gave lots of people new tickets on the floor for no extra cost. I bought a $160 seat from a Shidoobean in the car park. Block 7, row 13 the only problem was there wasn't a row 13. I had to go to customer service and was given a $450 seat instead!
December 9th, 2005 08:31 AM
crb69 I bought tickets online through Ticketmaster the day of the Giants Stadium show early in the morning before work. Got front row seats on the side of the stage (section 109) for $160 each. There were also $100 seats available in section 108 - obstructed view (of the screen)

Yes promoters and bands that have any say in the matter are doing this so more fans have an opportunity to get tickets instead of the scalpers buying them all up when the seats initially go onsale.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)