ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© Unknown author with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The band hint that they won't stop hitting the road (NME Article) Return to archive
December 6th, 2005 07:46 AM
justinkurian From NME.com:

The Rolling Stones to tour again

The band hint that they won't stop hitting the road

The Rolling Stones have hinted that they will keep on touring after their current world jaunt wraps up.

The band will kick off the European leg of their 'A Bigger Bang' global trek at Barcelona's Olympic Stadium on May 27 next year and wind up at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on August 29, but have said that if someone suggests extending the dates they will accept.

When asked whether this live jaunt was the Stones' last, drummer Charlie Watts said: "I said 'Yes it is' in 1966. I remember coming down the stairs on an aeroplane and being asked. Yes it is, but no it won't be. I don't know - I don't care if it is or if it isn't."

"If I'm standing at the end of Europe which is the last leg at the moment and they offer something else I imagine we'll say 'yes' and off we'll go," he added. "What is hard is doing these things for a year long - they are quite tiring, being away that long."

Speaking to Virgin Radio, Watts also revealed what would happen if any of the band died.

"If any of us dropped over we'd carry on," he said. "I think with Mick (Jagger) - Mick and Keith (Richards) - it would be difficult to carry on but me or Ronnie (Wood) I think they could get (deputies) quite easy. I don't know it would ever be the same. The Who was never the same without Keith Moon, mainly because Keith was such a character."

"I don't mean I am like that, but it is a different Who. It is getting a bit late in the day, if anything did happen I'd call it a day, well I'd call this band a day. I don't think you could do it without Mick and you couldn't do it without Keith. They're such strong characters."
December 6th, 2005 08:17 AM
gimmekeef And most of us wouldnt want em to do it without you Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!
December 6th, 2005 09:41 AM
Moonisup no stones without the members who are in it now.
December 6th, 2005 04:02 PM
mrhipfl I think they'd continue on their solo careers if someone died, no matter who.
December 6th, 2005 04:17 PM
Joey
quote:
justinkurian wrote:

"If any of us dropped over we'd carry on," he said. "I think with Mick (Jagger) - Mick and Keith (Richards) - it would be difficult to carry on but me or Ronnie (Wood) I think they could get (deputies) quite easy. I don't know it would ever be the same. The Who was never the same without Keith Moon, mainly because Keith was such a character."

"I don't mean I am like that, but it is a different Who. It is getting a bit late in the day, if anything did happen I'd call it a day, well I'd call this band a day. I don't think you could do it without Mick and you couldn't do it without Keith. They're such strong characters."

W- W- W- What ?!?!

December 6th, 2005 04:24 PM
lotsajizz Viva Zak Starkey!!

you know Joey, if not for him, it might never have been again

OK now

December 6th, 2005 05:50 PM
keefjunkie u dont know who oasis is?

wonderwall?
December 6th, 2005 06:15 PM
Soldatti I don't want to think the ticket prices for the next tour.
December 7th, 2005 11:16 AM
Joey
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:
u dont know who oasis is?

wonderwall?

I have no idea who Oasis is ................

..... are they any good ?!?!

.. ss ! "

http://www.omahameca.com/

December 7th, 2005 11:23 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

I have no idea who Oasis is ................

..... are they any good ?!?!

.. ss ! "

who are you talking about Joey??
December 7th, 2005 05:58 PM
Joey

Hello Juma
( Rocks off Member ) .......

Will you be seeing the Rolling Stones with me next month ?!?!

Here is where the " Pre - Party " will be :

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/dining.jhtml?ctyhocn=OMACVHH

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=S552CLIRJHUOWCSGBIVM22QKIYFC3UUC?ctyhocn=OMACVHH

[Edited by Joey]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)