ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© Unknown author with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who is the worlds most "rock 'n' roll" rock 'n' roll band? Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 7th, 2005 02:10 PM
Dan Rolling Stones til 1982, they are still good but I still think Keith's description of "Virtual Corporation" fits them best nowadays.

Guns N Roses til '91, AC/DC, Ramones, Motley Crue til '91, Stooges, MC5, Candy Snatchers (and lots of unheralded bands you never heard of who are living the lifestyle to its fullest), Hanoi Rocks, Iggy Pop solo, the list can go on and on and on.

December 7th, 2005 02:51 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
HOW R U PEOPLE FORGETTING, MOTLEY FUCKIN' CRUE!!!!

No, the question was which band is the most "rock and roll" not which band had the best make-up or devil lyrics.
December 7th, 2005 02:54 PM
doo doo doo Dude The Stones wrote the book on sex, drugs & rock n' roll.

Every other band mentioned on this thread drew much of their inspiration from the Rolling Stones. end of story.
December 7th, 2005 04:25 PM
The Volitan
quote:
texile wrote:

yeah, but they started out TRYING to be rock and roll - it had been done and it caught up with them....
keith was just being keith.

I don't think OD-ing is trying to be Rock and Roll. That's just an addiction.

Anywho, GnR were pretty Rock and Roll. As was Metallica. Metallica used to have women waiting in showers after shows and stuff.
December 7th, 2005 04:37 PM
Egbert Spinal Tap!
December 7th, 2005 04:46 PM
The Wick
quote:
texile wrote:

yeah, but they started out TRYING to be rock and roll - it had been done and it caught up with them....
keith was just being keith.

Spot on Texile. The Stones started it and everyone followed in their footsteps in terms of modern rock'n'roll. I think Duff McKagan said it best when he said that every single guitar player who ever takes drugs does it to be like Keith Richards. Motley Crue, give me a break would ya? On the other side of it, you have ponces like McCartney who can best be described as a nose bleed.
December 7th, 2005 04:52 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
ZZ Top, WTF?! Can these guys really be considered Rock 'n' Roll?, they look geriatric with the beards! Can get girls lookin like that?
maybe i'm being ignorant about their past......

[Edited by speedfreakjive]

Are you serious?? Listen to the first 3 ZZ Top albums LOUD and then tell me thats not rock n' roll.
[Edited by keefjunkie]
December 7th, 2005 05:26 PM
Dan If your talking rock n roll as an attitude then Motley Crue most definitely has it. The thing that makes Rock N Roll so great is that you don't have to be talented or original to do it.
The Stones at one time, but its really hard to think of them that way now that they are a bunch of elderly millionaire sissies.
December 7th, 2005 07:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot Someone clarify the question for me...

Are we talking the most rock n roll r n'r band ever, or who is the most rock n roll r n'r band right now?

If we are talking about ever...then it HAS to be The Stones.

If we are talking now...it's probably someone like The Detroit Cobras.
December 7th, 2005 07:51 PM
SheRat
quote:
texile wrote:
rock and roll is just being yourself - not TRYING to be ANYTHING
if you're cool you're cool -
if you ain't, you ain't.

Well, that means Frank was RnR.

My vote? Besides the fact I agree with Flea about the 72 Stones...

JANIS.
December 7th, 2005 07:57 PM
SheRat
quote:
Zack wrote:
Didn't Vince Neil of Motley Crue OD on heroin and was pronounced legally dead for a while, then take more as soon as he regained consciousness?

That's pretty rock and roll.

No, that was Nikki Sixx, who, by all accounts (even by their hardcore) fans is the smartest and coolest member of the band. He, as well as Duff McKagan, has said he took heroin to be like Keith Richards.

That story is the only thing that made me begrudgingly give Crue what little respect I give them.

It is also the basis for the hilarious "Kick Start My Heart"

Oh! Yeah! Baby!
[Edited by SheRat]
December 7th, 2005 09:14 PM
texile
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Well, that means Frank was RnR.

My vote? Besides the fact I agree with Flea about the 72 Stones...

JANIS.

well if you mean as in sinatra -
frank is THE original rock and roll star....
December 7th, 2005 10:01 PM
Trey Krimsin The answer is the Rolling Stones.

Enough said.
December 7th, 2005 10:19 PM
SheRat
quote:
texile wrote:

well if you mean as in sinatra -
frank is THE original rock and roll star....

one could make that argument, sure.

Because I'm contrarian, I prefer Dino.
December 7th, 2005 10:23 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
ZZ Top, WTF?! Can these guys really be considered Rock 'n' Roll?, they look geriatric with the beards! Can get girls lookin like that?
maybe i'm being ignorant about their past......

I was at a Willie concert at stubbs about 4 yrs ago and Billy G was up in the VIP section with one of the hottest barbie dollesque babes I've ever seen

December 8th, 2005 06:17 AM
Bruno Stone [quote]The Wick wrote:

Spot on Texile. The Stones started it and everyone followed in their footsteps in terms of modern rock'n'roll. I think Duff McKagan said it best when he said that every single guitar player who ever takes drugs does it to be like Keith Richards. Motley Crue, give me a break would ya? On the other side of it, you have ponces like McCartney who can best be described as a nose bleed.
[/quote

What Duff said shows that him and Guns N Roses were super fucking cool.

And once Axl said that when he was a teenager, the idea was that if you liked Rolling Stones you were gay cause Mick had licked Ronnie's mouth in the famous SNL episode. And he said ''so am I''. It shows how those guys respected the Stones. Therefore, they are cool. I love Guns N Roses.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)