ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© Unknown author with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who is the worlds most "rock 'n' roll" rock 'n' roll band? Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 5th, 2005 06:48 PM
speedfreakjive I say Stones; use of drugs, Jagger & women, anti-establishment figures(not now), Keith and the Original TV out of window, imprisoned, arrested on 72' Tour....... the list can go on and on..........

however, there are plenty of contenders.....
i could be wrong
- In terms of hellraising ability, audacious acts, drugs, women.............. oh, and decent Rock 'n' Roll, lol!
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
December 5th, 2005 10:12 PM
Lethargy Black Crowes! Even though the Allman Brothers are higher on my list of favorite bands, no one plays pure rock and roll like is supposed to be played other than the Stones and the Black Crowes.
December 5th, 2005 10:30 PM
FPM C10 The '72 Stones are the Gold Standard by which all other rock&roll hellraisers are measured. Because not only were they raising hell, they were making the greatest rock & roll the world had ever known.

For good AND bad, THIS is rock & roll incarnate:

I'd say the New York Dolls were using the same playbook. Just more death and fewer Lear jets.

December 5th, 2005 11:08 PM
keefjunkie stones,who,ac/dc,zz top and the crowes
December 6th, 2005 05:26 AM
corgi37 Black Crowes? Are you guys for fucking real? Cause, they sure aint.

Cant go past Led Zep, The Who, maybe even Motley Crue.

But my Stoney's reign supreme.
December 6th, 2005 05:51 AM
speedfreakjive ZZ Top, WTF?! Can these guys really be considered Rock 'n' Roll?, they look geriatric with the beards! Can get girls lookin like that?
maybe i'm being ignorant about their past......

[Edited by speedfreakjive]
December 6th, 2005 07:36 AM
Lord Homosex You simply can not beat the 72 Stones. They wrote the book. But the Clash in their heyday lookes ultracool too. They always looked so united. When one of them changed his look the whole band followed suit. Just super slick!
The Dolls were cool, Guns & Roses LOOKED good mostly,Jane's Addiction too.
December 6th, 2005 08:30 AM
gimmekeef Stones of course out front..then The Who...and Zep AC/DC ever so slightly behind....For short bursts I would add Clash,Guns n Roses and a band many here may not have heard from Detroit the fuckin MC5!!!!!!!!
December 6th, 2005 08:31 AM
gimmekeef Ooops forgot the Faces in their hayday.....
December 6th, 2005 08:57 AM
Jumping Jack Rock and Roll was defined by the Keiths, Richards and Moon!!! The others are pretenders and followers.
December 6th, 2005 02:13 PM
texile stones 65-78......
they defined ROCKS STAR
and the black crowes? motley crue?
surely you jest...
they emulated, pretended and ultimately failed -
they were boys..
December 6th, 2005 08:36 PM
Paranoid_Android Radiohead...White Stripes...never a bad cd, and always on the edge of the media
December 6th, 2005 09:40 PM
texile
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Radiohead...White Stripes...never a bad cd, and always on the edge of the media

yeah, but in terms of lifestyle and notoriety -
elementary school.
December 7th, 2005 04:48 AM
RollingstonesUSA HOW R U PEOPLE FORGETTING, MOTLEY FUCKIN' CRUE!!!!
December 7th, 2005 04:54 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
texile wrote:

yeah, but in terms of lifestyle and notoriety -
elementary school.

LOL
compared to Faces and Stones they are babies who need milk!

Radiohead ah ah ah
December 7th, 2005 05:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man Stones to one side, I would have to go for Guns 'N Roses. Axl, Izzy, Duff, Steven Alder and Slash were about as rock 'n roll as you could get.

They looked cool, played great and lived life to the fullest. How any of those guys are still alive is a mystery.
December 7th, 2005 05:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Stones to one side, I would have to go for Guns 'N Roses. Axl, Izzy, Duff, Steven Alder and Slash were about as rock 'n roll as you could get.

They looked cool, played great and lived life to the fullest. How any of those guys are still alive is a mystery.

oh, and Izzy made the best Stones records of the 90's :
juju hounds
117 degrees.

ps: GNR , another guilty pleasure! where is this funny thread??
December 7th, 2005 05:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
ps: GNR , another guilty pleasure! where is this funny thread??

Probably in the archives now!

Honestly, I don't know! Some obviously don't know a great thread when they see one.

December 7th, 2005 06:05 AM
Juha A Finnish group called "Rock´n´Roll Band".
December 7th, 2005 06:13 AM
beer Enya

Alvin and the chipmunks

Devo

and whhatever band did the theme song for 'Smokey and the Bandit'

-
December 7th, 2005 06:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
beer wrote:
Enya

OMG!!!
December 7th, 2005 06:32 AM
Bruno Stone Guns`N`Roses in their first "life": Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steve. They were rockandrolllaly perfect by the time of Apetite.
December 7th, 2005 06:33 AM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Black Crowes? Are you guys for fucking real? Cause, they sure aint.

Cant go past Led Zep, The Who, maybe even Motley Crue.

But my Stoney's reign supreme.

Black Crowes aren't real but Motley Crue is ??????

What are you a retard?

The answer quite frankly is neither.

THE FACES - period, end of story. THEY were what rock-n-roll was, and what should be.
December 7th, 2005 06:36 AM
Zack Didn't Vince Neil of Motley Crue OD on heroin and was pronounced legally dead for a while, then take more as soon as he regained consciousness?

That's pretty rock and roll.
December 7th, 2005 06:38 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
THE FACES - period, end of story. THEY were what rock-n-roll was, and what should be.

Hi Izzy.
I love your records

And I agree with you on the Faces!
They had gold in their fingers and alcohol in their blood!
Ronnie should never have left those guys...
December 7th, 2005 07:37 AM
Lord Homosex Faces are one of my fave bands but I wouldn't call their life style "rcok'n roll" in the danger sense. They were too good time. Stripes are too...they have a chick in the band. How could they be rock'n roll??? Radiohead...????Gimme a break!
Stones!!! The Gunners and Clash and that's it.
December 7th, 2005 11:33 AM
The Wick I have to go for the reformed Take That. They will take rock'n'roll to places it's never been.
December 7th, 2005 01:37 PM
Egbert Charlie Parker (and a lot of the late '40s-early '50s jazzers) lived a good "R&R" lifestyle.

Stooges/MC5/NY Dolls - these bands never made enough $$$ to care about anything other than drugs, sex and R&R.

December 7th, 2005 01:56 PM
texile
quote:
Zack wrote:
Didn't Vince Neil of Motley Crue OD on heroin and was pronounced legally dead for a while, then take more as soon as he regained consciousness?

That's pretty rock and roll.

yeah, but they started out TRYING to be rock and roll - it had been done and it caught up with them....
keith was just being keith.
December 7th, 2005 01:58 PM
texile rock and roll is just being yourself - not TRYING to be ANYTHING
if you're cool you're cool -
if you ain't, you ain't.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)