ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
In memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
© Unknown author with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fed Ex Forum, Memphis, TN-Dec 3rd-setlist, reviews and Pix Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 3rd, 2005 11:59 PM
LadyJane Yep...they'll end with Satisfaction.

Appropriate, no?? That's what they've given to me for almost my entire life.

That's pretty amazing.

LJ.
December 4th, 2005 12:02 AM
lotsajizz where can you go from there?
it comes full circle

I love thus fuckin' band and have since infancy
December 4th, 2005 12:02 AM
PartyDoll MEG Good night my RO friends. It's been fun!!

December 4th, 2005 12:08 AM
jaggergurl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

AMEN!!!

and I second that Amen!!

hear ya LadyJane.. satisfaction, always guaranteed with the Stones...and here is to more of our beloved Stones in 2006!!

have a great evening, everyone...
[Edited by jaggergurl]
December 4th, 2005 04:00 AM
mac_daddy lots of good stuff in there - inlcuding mr pitiful/night time!!!

was i reading correctly, and someone referred to angie as "scorching hot" (or something to that effect)..? please elaborate...

December 4th, 2005 05:24 AM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Memphis was the only city having "Far Away Eyes" in the entire 1997-1999 tours. probably today we'll have a surprise

Last show of 2005

Far Away Eyes was only done in Nashville, not Memphis, in 1997

They did surprises way back then!

December 4th, 2005 11:10 AM
Jumping Jack I don't recall Faraway Eyes being played in Nashville 1997, but I might be mistaken. If someone has a boot it might be worth checking. I do remember freezing my ass off as it was bitterly cold and windy.
December 4th, 2005 12:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have the boot; in fact I was looking for that specific song for months until BobM sent it. Also you can verify it here http://rocksoff.org/1997.htm
December 4th, 2005 12:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
Ouch!!

LOL Of course I meant Nashville hehe, after all both are in the same state Now I see what my mistake was
December 4th, 2005 05:31 PM
Jumping Jack How does the boot sound? I don't remember it being a particularly good show and the sound was blowing all over. Maybe the taper was much closer than I was up in the Stadium. The Atlanta show later in the year was MUCH better.
December 4th, 2005 07:08 PM
glencar Well, that ATL was one of the best that whole tour, no?
December 5th, 2005 05:32 AM
Jumping Jack Atlanta 97 was the warm up for the St. L. PPV and was in fact a better show with NO guests.
December 5th, 2005 09:04 AM
time is on my side
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Atlanta 97 was the warm up for the St. L. PPV and was in fact a better show with NO guests.

Not to get completely sidetracked & off topic as this thread is suppose to be about the Memphis show right here in the here and now (2005),I was at that show and can attest to the fact it was a great show. The whole band was on that night- Mick announcing he was once again a father as then wife Jerry Hall had just given birth to a bouncing baby boy; with song selections such as No Expectations, Last Time, and Bitch added to the usual setlist for 1997; and an overall fantastic performance. Yes, I fondly remember that show & would rate it among the very best of the shows I've seen (top three or four).
[Edited by time is on my side]
December 5th, 2005 12:00 PM
throbby Highlights for me,

The sound. Very good from my perspective.

Kieth's comment during his set about the upcoming break, "going home and getting laid".

Mick's spastic walk during SFTD.

Mick's fuck off expression when I gave him the raised eyebrows.

Daryl's solo on RFD.

JB during Get Off My Cloud.

Confirmation of Mick's lecherous nature as he mouthed something to one of the young women (she might have been twenty) in the front row.

Charlie's playing, watching him work the kick drum during HTW.

The diiferent take on the Satisfaction reprise.

[Edited by throbby]
December 5th, 2005 11:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
throbby wrote:
JB during Get Off My Cloud.

Develop please
December 7th, 2005 11:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Develop please

from jb:

God Bless all of you and many thanks to those
who have sent me numerous e-mails, PM's, gift baskets, gift certificates, citrus fruit, Stone boots(Taylor era), fruit cakes, Saks gift cards, and the beautiful "Chai" necklace from a very special friend....You are simply the best!!!

P.S.-Memphis had a limited capacity of 13k seats and did not sell out. Approximately 12, 473 attendees. Also, I was correct about ABB not reaching Gold 379k at last count USA , and U2 potentially breaking our all time gross . Thankfully, Jake Cohl, and the RollingStone Fan club have done a terrific job and many venues have filled up!!!
P.S.S-I really found out who were my real friends during these tough times.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)