ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!" - -
Keith Richards. New York City 1985

Ian "STU" Stewart b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985

Vielen Dank Bendix!!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Extra UK dates ?? Return to archive
12-07-02 03:08 PM
Stray Cat After selling out so quickly ,what are the chances of extra dates been added at London venues or , preferably somewhere else in the UK ? I only managed to get a half decent,�75.00 ticket for Twickenham ,so is it still worth joining the fan club to try and get theatre/arena seats ?
12-07-02 03:21 PM
Moonisup the selling in England was SO UNENGLISH

they will add more dates, maybe 1 by 1

It looked like holland ALMOST, the fucked up spirit is crazy here, I felt like a sardine this mornig
12-07-02 05:12 PM
Stray Cat Yeah, it was easy to get tickets for most of their 90's shows right up to the day of the gig . I thought the only panicers would be people who are on this and other message boards. I'm amazed they sold so quickly, given the outrageous prices (especially for 'tourists')charged.
12-07-02 05:17 PM
Stray Cat Woops , sorry about spelling.

By the way Moonisup,I saw stones in Holland in 98, at The Hauge . Despite the rain ,the atmosphere was brilliant.
12-07-02 05:19 PM
Moonisup thanks

I saw 150 pounds, that is realllllllllllllllllllll expensive for a pitch at twickenham

12-07-02 06:56 PM
Gazza >After selling out so quickly ,what are the chances of extra dates been added at London venues or , preferably somewhere else in the UK ? I only managed to get a half decent,�75.00 ticket for Twickenham ,so is it still worth joining the fan club to try and get theatre/arena seats ?

With London being the last scheduled stop on the tour,I'd say its 95% certain they'll add extra dates..

Theres already a window in between Twickenham (23rd) and Astoria (27th) - ie the 24th or 25th. No reason why there shouldnt be an extra stadium show. In fact "The Times" reported a few days ago when they did a feature on the tour announcement that a 2nd Twickenham show is an option depending on how well the 23rd August show sold. Well, it sold out in two hours, so draw your own conclusions. Monday 25th is a bank holiday in the UK too, so Sunday 24th isn't necessarily the obvious date for a 2nd show. If its the 25th, it gives them that nice lay off of a day between each show in their London trek.

I'd certainly expect more dates after Wembley also. IORR's tour page reckons on more Wembley shows to be added going into early September. I'd like to think they'd have the decency to play elsewhere in the British Isles too,as London is so geographically remote for most of the population. Surely at worst an outdoor show on Sunday 31st August isn't too much to expect - take your pick from Scotland, Slane in Ireland or the north of England.

I seriously doubt there'll be any more theatre shows in the UK. I have heard a couple of stories about a club show in Belfast, but even though I live there I refuse to take it remotely seriously...!

Personally speaking, I expect the number of shows on these shores to end up being no less than double what we have right now. As for the size of venues and the locations... I can only speculate!
12-08-02 03:36 PM
Stray Cat Thanks for the info Gazza.
If they play outside London they'll have to choose an area that can afford the MEGA BUCK prices.Probably somewhere like Manchester ????

How about ; Old trafford stadium
Manchester arena
Manchester Appollo club

Maybe I should join RSFC after all!!!! I've never been so stressed over tickets.
12-08-02 04:15 PM
Gazza Old Trafford? well theres two Old Trafford's. Its unlikely Manchester United will allow the football stadium to be used (there isnt a history of it being used for rock concerts) but Old Trafford Cricket Stadium is more likely - Oasis played there and Springsteen will play there also in May.

Maine Road (home of Manchester City and where the stoens played in 1990) and the new stadium built for this year's Commonwealth Games (and also City's future home)are also possibilities.

theres two arena venues in Manchester - the GMex which is a bit smaller than Wembley Arena and the massive Manchester Evening News Arena, which holds about 21,000. The Apollo is a theatre.

However, I doubt any city in the UK would get the stadium/arena/club "treble".. I don't think there'll be any cities getting that honour apart from the five that got it originally - maybe Amsterdam might get three, but I reckon thats about it. I think any cities chosen for shows will get one type of venue only.

12-08-02 04:18 PM
erikjjf I'm with Gazza on this one. I believe that the arena/stadium/club cities are all set.
12-08-02 04:59 PM
Stray Cat Perhaps other stadium gigs could be general admission for the pitch and some stands, as in the past ( and present for all other artists , unless it's B.Steisland or Pavarotti ).Are all stadium gigs in the States all seated?