ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!" - -
Keith Richards. New York City 1985

Ian "STU" Stewart b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985

Vielen Dank Bendix!!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question about Keith and Ronnie's wireless set-ups Return to archive
12-06-02 01:59 PM
sandrew When they're handed new guitars between songs, presumably each of the axes has its own wireless transmitter. Can you have multiple transmitters sending signal to the same receiver?
12-06-02 05:22 PM
Cardinal Fang Hello Everybody !!

The answer to your question is yes & no.

You can NOT have mulitple transmitters with the same frequency because they will cancel each other out.

Therefore you either use DIFFERENT frequencies, OR if you are useing the same FQ, then you must TURN OFF the transmitter on the guitar that is NOT in use.

I hope this helps you.

Later, Cardinal Fang
12-06-02 05:47 PM
Factory Girl Hey, CF!! Fancy meeting you here...lol. Great to "see" you posting again! E me & tell me about stuff.
12-06-02 08:43 PM
Mathijs Indeed the answer is yes and no. The Stones started using wireless systems in 1978 (Jagger started in 1975 with a wireless mike), and do so until now. They used Nady VHF systems from 1978 until 1982, and the receivers were only capable of receiving one frequency. So in order to change guitars, you had to switch off the "old" guitar, and turn on the "new" guitar. If you want the Hampton 1981 show you can see Chuch McGee trying to switch on Keith just after Shattered, while Keith is walking to the front of the stage allready. During the whole show you can hear the clicking of the swithing on the sound system in between songs. Nowadays the Stones use Sony UHF systems which can handle up to 8 frequencies, so a system doesn't need to be switched off when it's not in use, you only have to turn the guitar down.

Mathijs