ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!" - -
Keith Richards. New York City 1985

Ian "STU" Stewart b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985

Vielen Dank Bendix!!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: who said the brits don't like the stones anymore...? Return to archive
12-06-02 10:00 AM
egon http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/2549563.stm
12-06-02 10:01 AM
jb Interesting...but unclear ....
12-06-02 10:09 AM
6th Avenue I find it very hard to beleive they sold out ALL those tickets.
12-06-02 10:14 AM
jb Very suspect..remember they said they sold out 95% of all tickets here in the states..yet; each show had thousands of tickets left and they have refused to publish attendance figures b/c of poor sales..It's just the PR machine trying to increase demand.
12-06-02 10:54 AM
telecaster Josh: Why do you keep saying "each show had thousands of tickets left" You know that is a lie and you keep saying it.

You are a lawyer, give me proof, make your case

12-06-02 11:34 AM
Fiji Joe I don't know that each show had thousands of seats left...I do know that, as in the past, with some of the stadium shows that often there are many seats that go on sale just before the show...this has always been because of errors in the calculation of the size of the stage...Hell, I got tix to 89' arrowhead just minutes before the show, right by the stage for $33...it wasn't because they didn't sell out, they did...also, no one accounts for those tickets bought by brokers that ultimately lead to empty seats because of the extravagant prices they seek
12-06-02 11:41 AM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
Very suspect..remember they said they sold out 95% of all tickets here in the states..yet; each show had thousands of tickets left and they have refused to publish attendance figures b/c of poor sales..It's just the PR machine trying to increase demand.

I'll say it again...you're a clueless moron...each show DID NOT have thousands of tickets left....some shows (stadiums shows) had unsold tickets, not each--which implies ALL...all club/theater shows sold completely out....I'm sure nearly every arena show was close to 100% sold out....stadium shows probably ranged in the 80-90% range, which is great when you consider that nobody else can even play stadiums anymore....they are kicking ass...the album has been certified triple platinum and this tour will still be the biggest grossing in years....
[Edited by lucasd4]
12-06-02 02:12 PM
Honky Tonk Man I dont think Josh the Floridian Orange Lawyer is a moran. Just likes winding people up. The Stones are loved over here and these ticket sales prooved it.

Pure Florida Orange Juice

12-06-02 02:30 PM
jb Thanks HTM..you kinda understand me by now....I am very pleased about the London sell-outs....Is that arenas or Stadiums?
12-06-02 02:32 PM
parmeda Alex...jump on over to the house party, you comin'? LOL!
12-06-02 03:35 PM
marcus aurelianus I am very proud of the Brits !!!! England still loves the best rock'n'roll band the Earth has ever had .

What do the Gallagher brothers think about that ???????????
12-06-02 03:36 PM
nankerphelge We won't know for a while since their jaws are still wired shut!!!
12-06-02 08:15 PM
full moon Nanker, you made me laugh.. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
12-06-02 09:40 PM
Honky Tonk Man Josh, ive always understood you. We just disagree from time to time.

EVERYTHINGS SOLD OUT

Alex