ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!" - -
Keith Richards. New York City 1985

Ian "STU" Stewart b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985

Vielen Dank Bendix!!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Did Richards/Wood almost come to blows last show of tour? Return to archive
12-04-02 06:19 PM
Bob Tamp In the car and WZLX in Boston said that Richards and Wood almost came to blows during the last show. I think he said it was MGM. He said that Jagger had to step in between the two to stop a fight on stage. Any truth to this?
12-04-02 06:23 PM
full moon No.. Actually, there is no truth to that at all.. They were horsing around as usual. Not everything about The Stones revolves around thier supposed conflicts with each other..
12-04-02 06:58 PM
Street Fighting Man I don't know about it ever happening on stage, but I've read accounts about the following scuffels:

- Keith swinging at Ronnie

- Charlie belting Mick

- Keith wanting to belt Mick during "One Hit To The Body" video!

12-04-02 07:08 PM
sammy davis jr. I wish Ronnie would throttle Keith.....that'd be funny. He's taken shit from Mick and Keith for so long now just to keep that good paycheck coming.
12-04-02 07:09 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Street Fighting Man wrote:
I don't know about it ever happening on stage, but I've read accounts about the following scuffels:

- Keith swinging at Ronnie

- Charlie belting Mick

- Keith wanting to belt Mick during "One Hit To The Body" video!

All of those are true! Keith actually beat the living crap out of Ronnie on the '81 tour, after Jo ran into his room in tears, saying that Ronnie was drunk and doing lines again.

Charlie whalloped Mick in Amsterdam, I can't remember when. Sometime in the Dirty Work era. Keith got Mick drunk, and at around 12:30 or something in the evening Mick called up to Charlie and yelled "Izzzzat my fuckin' drummer? Git my fuckin' drummer down here right away!" Charlie gets on his best suit, goes downstairs, walks into the room, and hits Mick so hard Keith has to grab him to keep him from flying out the window. He just looks down and says "Don't *ever* call me your fucking drummer again. You're *my* fucking singer!" and walks out.

Keith's comment? It was to the effect of "Mick was wearing my favorite coat, and it was trashed. Blood & food everywhere. I liked that coat."

I hope that's not true about Keith & Ronnie almost whalloping each other. I know they've been a little more distant this tour 'cause Ronnie just can't afford to hang around Keith "Rebel Yell 24/7" Richards all the time anymore. And I know Keith and Ronnie had a little tizzy of some sort playing "Sympathy" somewhere this tour. But otherwise I think they've been gettin' along fine.

-tSYX --- You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaraunt...
12-04-02 07:11 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
I wish Ronnie would throttle Keith.....that'd be funny. He's taken shit from Mick and Keith for so long now just to keep that good paycheck coming.

Ahhh... Ronnie takes his share of shit stoically, but he'n'Keith when they're on and good buddies are friggin' awesome together. I wouldn't wanna see them fightin'. And this tour Mick's been awfully nice takin' Ronnie around so he doesn't feel left out 'cause he can't hang around with Keith so often anymore.

-tSYX --- Goin' through all kinds of inspections, injections, dejections...
12-04-02 07:18 PM
sammy davis jr. Aw I don't mean I'd like them to be enemies or anything- I want them to keep making great music and being buds, but even buds "have it out" every so often. I'd just like to see Ron stand up to the Glimmer Twins for once. I wish he'd have punched Mick in the mouth when Mick started licking his face on SNL. That'd been funny. Mick needs to be brought down once in a while. Major props to Charlie for stoically throwin' down on Sir Mickie.
12-04-02 07:29 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Well, now that he's sober, I think next studio album you're gonna see a lot of Jagger/Richards/Wood, as Keith + Ronnie get back to workin' together - Mick'll still work on his own and bring in whatever he finds. Hopefully this album'll be nice and stripped down to just the core band plus a bass and a pianist (I won't say Darryl and Chuck specifically - I like Darryl, and provided that they give Chuck a piano rather than a keyboard he's great.). Keith isn't gonna bring in anyone else, I'm pretty sure - he and his Winos buds have had their good times but I don't think they're gonna be doing the same deal they had on Bridges - everyone in a different studio with their own personal entourage of session players.

Give us the weave! Get Charlie to lock Mick, Keith & Ronnie in his kitchen and take the tapes from whoever's still alive after a night and make an album outta that!

I don't think Ronnie's actually hauled off and socked either of the Glimmer Twins without provocation. That one fight with Keith he did give as good as he got, and as neither of them were particularly sober or clean they just ended up sprawled on the floor, laughing as they took half-hearted swings at each other. Then they got up and went to see Mick, splattering blood all over his carpet. When they got into his room and said "Hi guys!", Mick just looked up at them, didn't even notice, and said "How does the middle eight of 'Summer Romance' go?"

(That story and the one about Charlie and Mick are my favorite Stones stories. The one about Keith and Ronnie is from Victor Bockris's book on Keith, the other one has been confirmed by Charlie.)

-tSYX --- I may end up spendin' all my money, but I'll still be alive...
12-04-02 07:54 PM
Cracker2550 True friendship is being able to bash someone over the head and not be told, you're not my friend anymore
- Keith 1981
12-04-02 08:27 PM
Joey I don't know about all of that crap , but these things are for certain .....................Health Care Costs are soaring through the roof , Al Gore will be our next President , I shall go to Beijing to see the Stones and I desperately must take a pee .

" Carly has got her thumb jammed so far up my Ass I can taste ' Estee Lauder ' Ronnie "

{{{{{ JOEYKINS }}}}}}}}

12-04-02 09:02 PM
fmk438j
quote:
Joey wrote:
I don't know about all of that crap , but these things are for certain .....................Health Care Costs are soaring through the roof ,

Joey, you must come to australia, free healthcare for all.
12-04-02 09:21 PM
*ginda Sammy Davis said "I wish he'd have punched Mick in the mouth when Mick started licking his face on SNL. That'd been funny. Mick needs to be brought down once in a while."

Hold on there, Sammy. Mick does NOT need to be brought down physically or verbally by any of the other Stones. No one is carrying him and he doesn't try to sabotage his bandmates by giving less than 100%.
12-04-02 10:49 PM
Scottfree
quote:
fmk438j wrote:

Joey, you must come to australia, free healthcare for all.

Free health care, ha what a laugh....So no one is paying for it, nor is anyone getting paid? hmmm (scratches nut sack).... Yeah Canada's system is great....ha, I'm killing myself here, well better go to Canada.
12-05-02 12:26 AM
Stonesdoug Ronnie got real angry during the Joint show. It looked like he was furious at one of the sound men and was really giving it to him--Keith came over and tried to calm Ronnie down and Ronnie got into a spat with Keith also. You could not hear Ronnie's guitar from many areas. of the Joint.
All the love was back, and even more for the final show at the MGM--It was a love feast among all the band members.
12-05-02 01:56 AM
gypsy Thanks, Stonesdoug. It's funny how these rumors escalate. Good to know our boys aren't bickering. On with the tour!
12-05-02 10:39 AM
jb Doug is virtually the 6th Stone by now...He has been 99% accurate on all info on this tour. He is also a friend of ours Joey!
12-06-02 12:42 PM
rocker in the words of ronnie wood,

"Its all over now, your lookin real neat,
what i want to know baby, is how your gonna eat,

i gonna knock yer teeth out, one by one

go git em ronnie!