ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Dublin, December 1993
Thanks Irina!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chuck and bush Return to archive
12-03-03 02:49 PM
Moonisup got this from Shidoobee, thanks SDH

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=118-12032003

here it comes:

"I understand Chuck Leavell is here, of the Rolling Stones. I appreciate Chuck being here. He's the keyboard player. And he also has -- they tell me he's a tree raiser, a tree farmer, whatever you call them. (Laughter.) Glad you're here. Thanks for coming, Chuck. I appreciate you being here. (Applause.)"

OF THE ROLLING STONES

damn, he ain't a stone!

12-03-03 02:54 PM
T&A If Dubya says he's a Stones, he's a Stone, dammit
12-03-03 02:58 PM
Moonisup
quote:
T&A wrote:
If Dubya says he's a Stones, he's a Stone, dammit

Chuck is alot, but NOT a rolling stone, just like darryl ain't one
12-03-03 03:27 PM
Pattie
*throws up*

12-03-03 03:32 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Pattie wrote:

*throws up*

about Chuck I hope, :P
12-03-03 03:37 PM
Pattie
Yes about Chuck!! *laughs* horrible thing calling him a stone *gets nausea again*

a kiss to you Rik

*kiss*
12-03-03 03:43 PM
Pattie
Come chat at bravenet Rik!
12-03-03 03:47 PM
Riffhard Well what would you expect Bush to say? I mean obviously Chuck is not "a Stone",however,his notority comes from playing for the Stones. Therefore I think it's perfectly understandable that Bush would introduce him as from the Stones. Afterall he is.

Riffhard
12-03-03 03:49 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Pattie wrote:

Come chat at bravenet Rik!

I can't get in the chatroom!! I don't why, but I just can't

sorry *kiss*
12-03-03 03:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Yeah. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it.
12-03-03 04:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

I can't get in the chatroom!! I don't why, but I just can't

Yeah...these GODDAM FUCKING COMPUTERS. I HATE THESE GODDAM FUCKING THINGS. FUCKING RAT HOLE.
12-03-03 04:23 PM
Pattie
keep trying Rik!
12-03-03 04:28 PM
Moonisup no I can't seem to get JAVA right on my pc, so I can't get in ANY chatroom LOL

rik
12-03-03 07:22 PM
fmk438j Has there ever been a more appropriate time and place for a small meteor impact?

Peace on earth and a Stones' rebirth could have been achieved in one fell swoop.
12-03-03 08:00 PM
Scottfree
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
Has there ever been a more appropriate time and place for a small meteor impact?

Peace on earth and a Stones' rebirth could have been achieved in one fell swoop.

You sire or madam are an idiot........Was there peace b4 Bush, will there be peace after?
[Edited by Scottfree]
[Edited by Scottfree]
12-03-03 08:28 PM
Highwire Rob ...The crowd gasps as "Chuck" yanks off his rubbery beard mask to reveal...

HE'S SADDAM HUSSEIN!!!!
12-03-03 09:16 PM
KeithRichards210 Calling Chuck (WHAT guitars?) Leavell a Stone just confirms the ignorance of our current president.
12-03-03 09:21 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Wow!

I just realized something...

Chuck is a nice guy, in a place where he doesn't belong.
Bush... is a nice guy... in a place... well, it's all your opinion...

-tSYX --- C'mon and show me baby, show me...
12-03-03 11:04 PM
glencar The alternative was Albore. That's why we needed Bush. I'm not ahppy with everything this administration does but can the Dems come up with a plausible candidate? And no, I don't want Dean.
12-04-03 06:59 AM
egon who cares.

it's bush who said it, he gets so many things wrong.
12-04-03 07:59 AM
Jumacfly we love bush in france, he s going to save the world!!

Egon check your pm bloody wanker!!
12-04-03 10:12 AM
UGot2Rollme time to update my working definition of Chuck:

a graceless, high-in-the-mix, George W - loving, swing-less, technically proficient, soul-less, tree-loving, bearded buffoon
12-04-03 11:40 AM
Pattie
Why o why have they kept Chuck so long? There are so many good keyboard players out there.
12-04-03 12:28 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Pattie wrote:

Why o why have they kept Chuck so long? There are so many good keyboard players out there.

Because Chuck does all the work they're too lazy to do, like arranging horn sections, setting tempos, counting in... they'll never find someone with so little ego to do it. Chuck doesn't have any aspirations to "fix the Stones", like Matt Clifford, and he knows no one will ever be able to talk to them like Stu did, so he just smiles, takes orders, arranges setlists, and fills space.

-tSYX --- Give it to me, one time! *unh*!
12-04-03 01:32 PM
egon
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Egon check your pm bloody wanker!!

oh fada!

i just did
12-04-03 02:06 PM
Monkey Woman Whoa! Egon, you're right, it's raining "a bit"! Are those pics from near where you live?
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
12-04-03 04:25 PM
egon left is avignon, right is marseille (though i haven't seen anything like that)

everything's back to normal now.