ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Dublin, December 1993
Thanks Irina!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Singer Ray Charles Recovers From Surgery (NSC) Return to archive
12-03-03 10:31 AM
Martha 12/03/2003��08:26:11�EST

Singer Ray Charles Recovers From Surgery

Ray Charles is recovering in his Beverly Hills home after undergoing a hip replacement last week.

"I feel terrific and am so thankful to the good Lord that all is going well for me," Charles said in a statement Tuesday. "I can't wait to get back on the road, which is my second home."

Acute discomfort in his left hip forced the 73-year-old singer in August to cancel his remaining 2003 tour dates. It was the first time Charles had canceled a tour in 53 years.

Charles is undergoing physical therapy and expects to start a national tour again in March, spokesman Jerry Digney said.

While hospitalized in November, Charles donated $1 million to Dillard University in New Orleans for the creation of a program about black culture. He's also been working on a duets album at his private studio, Digney said.

Charles, who was 7 years old when he lost his eyesight, has won 13 Grammy Awards, including a lifetime achievement award. He also was one of the original inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1986.

He's recorded classic songs such as "I Got a Woman," "What'd I Say" and "Georgia on My Mind."

A movie based on his life story, "Unchain My Heart: The Ray Charles Story," starring Jamie Foxx, recently finished filming.

___

On the Net:

http://www.raycharles.com/
12-03-03 10:35 AM
jb I love his version of 'America". Considering all the horrors we have done to people of color, it's amazing that he can sing it with such passion.
12-03-03 10:37 AM
nankerphelge He is such a class act!

I remember he was on SNL once, and someone (Bill Murray) was asking him if he'd seen some movie...and he says with that smile "No, I didn't see that one"

He was great in the Blues Brothers movie too as the pawn broker!
12-03-03 10:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I saw him on The Nanny last night or the night before.
(I try not to miss The Nanny.....now SHE'S A CLASS ACT)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12-03-03 11:14 AM
glencar I've always loved "A Song For You" and "Baby, It's Cold Outside" which he did with Betty Carter. I hope he recovers quickly.
12-03-03 11:17 AM
jb I find the Nanny very sexy.
12-03-03 11:42 AM
glencar Now she's doing Gap ads.
12-03-03 01:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Now she's doing Gap ads.

I don't care. How much do they cost?
That girl is going a long way. Mick ought to be hittin' on her. He's earned it. Or Angus...Sink the Pink!!!!! I think Angus has seen it all by now though. But....Drinkthedrink!!!!!
12-03-03 04:41 PM
Monkey Woman Ray is great. And he's had a hard enough life, especially when he began. I wish him good health and a prompt recovery.
12-03-03 06:58 PM
SHINE A LIGHT blessings and all good things to Mr. Ray Charles. a class act.