ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Dublin, December 1993
Thanks Irina!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody's paintings displayed at Royal Academy Return to archive
12-02-03 12:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rolling Stone's paintings displayed at Royal Academy

Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood has had had three of his paintings unveiled at the Royal Academy on the same day as works by Picasso and Rossetti.

However, the guitarist's paintings, which include portraits of Des Lynam, Sir Elton John and J-Lo have been placed in the gallery's restaurant, rather than the exhibition halls.

The musician was commissioned by Lord Lloyd-Webber to paint movers and shakers at London restaurant The Ivy.

Also captured in the three canvases of the triptych are figures such as Joan Collins, Eddie Jordan, Salman Rushdie and Mick Jagger.

Wood is seen poking his head into one of the pictures, bizarrely next to the image of a young Afghan girl with piercing eyes who was famously featured on the cover of National Geographic magazine, reports itv.com.

Story filed: 15:40 Tuesday 2nd December 2003
12-02-03 12:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We posted the full art of the Ivy long time ago, I don't think this is fresh news at all?
12-02-03 12:14 PM
glencar That sounded like an honor until I read that the paintings are in the restaurant. Was the bathroom given over to Stallone's ouvre?
12-02-03 01:46 PM
Hannalee
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
We posted the full art of the Ivy long time ago, I don't think this is fresh news at all?

Ancient and fishlike. I went to see the mural about a month ago, and it had been there for weeks (if not months) then. It takes up most of the far wall and, at least, being in the restaurant means that you don't have to pay to see it! Unless you're rash enough to buy food there, which is good, but expensive.
It's worth going to see, if anyone's in London, and Lloyd Webber's Pre-Raphaelite collection is fantastic.