ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Dublin, December 1993
Thanks Irina!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Has anyone read any reviews of.... Return to archive
12-02-03 11:30 AM
quackenbush Has anyone read any reviews of Four Flicks from the major newspapers or magazines?
12-02-03 11:31 AM
glencar NO! I still subscribe to EW & they haven't said a word about 4 Flicks. Neither has the NY Times.
12-02-03 12:13 PM
SHINE A LIGHT nope!
12-02-03 01:44 PM
twicks1 Actually, Entertainment Weekly did a roundup of music DVDs a few issues ago, and gave "Four Flicks" an A-, if I remember correctly. There was also a short little Q&A with Mick and Keith.
12-02-03 01:49 PM
jb Twikenham-B
MSG-B-
Olympia-C-

Overall, a somewhat disappointing effort....Mick and Charlie clearly carry the band. Keith , when he wants, still has the chops, but Ronnie is long expired.
12-02-03 02:25 PM
Joey

Olympia A +

MSG A

Twicken A -

Paris Hilton A

Macca '02 A -

WHO AT GREEK THEATRE A +

WHO at RAH '00 A

WHO Thirty Years of MAXIMUM R & B ( circa ' 94 ) A +
( Excellent footage of the '79 tour when Pete was completely wasted on stage )

Hess Select Cabernet Sauvignon 2000 A + ( very smooth vintage and goes great with NY Strips or Filets )

Keith Moon A +

Charlie Watts A +

Eric Clapton A

Jimmy Page A -

Frank Solich B

Bo Pelini A +

Josh A +

Mizner Park Amphitheatre A

Charlie Parker A +

Steely Dan A +

Miami Hurricanes , Oklahoma Sooners , Nebraska Cornhuskers , Texas Longhorns A +

Paris Hilton Tape # 2 A +

I have to pee ..............................................

********************** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ********************

12-02-03 02:35 PM
Boomy Face Dances D-

It's Hard F

Scooped F

Pretzel Logic C-

Live at Royal Albert Hall F+

Just kidding, Jercee Joe.
12-02-03 02:44 PM
twicks1 Well, I agree with jb's assessment in one regard...for some reason, I can't get the Twickenham disc out of my DVD player. I never would have expected the stadium show to be the best of the lot, but it really is extraordinary.
12-02-03 09:58 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Well, I agree with jb's assessment in one regard...for some reason, I can't get the Twickenham disc out of my DVD player. I never would have expected the stadium show to be the best of the lot, but it really is extraordinary.

I disagree, actually... I think Twick has some incredible tunes, but again, it's Chuck Chuck Chuck... there was one point early on in the concert where Ronnie and Keith were at equal volume and I went "Thank you Jesus!" and then Chuck came in and I howled "Jesus, I think you and I are breaking up!"

By the way...

Live At Royal Albert Hall - Solo Who + The Paul Weller "So Sad About Us" - A-/B+
Live At Royal Albert Hall - Who "& Guests (when singing or playing guitar, except for Paul Weller)" - F----.

Someone shoot Kelley Jones. In the mouth. So he can't sing anymore.

-tSYX --- I'm a substitute for another... (*bam*!)
12-02-03 10:42 PM
glencar twicks1, of course you're correct! My bad. I guess it acme out a couple of weeks before the release & I'd forgotten about it.
12-03-03 03:17 AM
Jumacfly JB, you re so boring....never happy, stones are too old blablabla bla,your posts become really pathetic and reading them is like listening a Macca or Duran Duran record...

cheers

the pissed off Mac Fly....
12-03-03 09:53 AM
jb Jumacffly, why?
12-03-03 11:48 AM
glencar Cuz you've pissed him off. Be honest, you really 4 Flix but you want to be controversial.
12-03-03 11:56 AM
jb Of coures, generally, I like it...just like generally, I love the Stones...but a critical review of their performances is not out of line.
12-03-03 12:00 PM
glencar Critical is fine but when it's done just to add to one's total posts, it gets old.
12-03-03 12:15 PM
jb If you thinkthat's why I do it, you are mistaken.
12-03-03 12:17 PM
glencar Maybe I'm mistaken. It just seems senseless to continually pine for the days of MT. Those are gone. The guy's no longer a factor.
12-03-03 12:42 PM
jb That's what makes these message boards turn....everyone has their own thoughts and ideas as to how things should be done , yet, we all know that MJ and company could give a ratt's ass over what we think....
12-03-03 01:05 PM
Joey " yet, we all know that MJ and company could give a ratt's ass over what we think.... "

Don't kid yourself my Simon and Gayfunkel concert attending pal .

Reliable sources have told me that .....................WTF ?!?!?!?! ....................Oh Oh !!!!! , ................DAMN !!!!!!!!!!! I have to go to the bathroom and take a SH## !!!!!!!!!!!

Developing ............................................

************** END TRANSMISSION ****************