ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Dublin, December 1993
Thanks Irina!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Attn jb: Stones Tour Numbers. Wow. Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-01-03 01:44 PM
Monkey Woman But not too much, please! Or I wouldn't be able to get one...
12-01-03 01:51 PM
Joey " The Stones should charge top dollar for the small theater shows. "

No , what they should do is make sure that young Jacky gets front row seats off of an Internet Pre-sale .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky Hilton !

12-01-03 02:07 PM
glencar $1000 per seat. They need to price at the market level.
12-01-03 04:01 PM
Moonisup i won't mind if they stopped touring, cos maybe we get all that stuff the beatles release, I'd like that.
But we all know the stones never stop touring, at least Keith won't!
12-01-03 06:45 PM
corgi37 We are in a pretty lucky spot. If the Stones call it a day, sooner or later, we are to get all the gems released, drip fed, every Christmas for decades. I drool at that prospect. But, until then, we get to see them live and maybe even squeeze a new cd or 2 out of their ever shrivelling brains. It's win-win. Am i right in saying they played to about 5-6mill during VL? 3.4mill is a great figure for any band, and as some one on this thread said, considering all the theatre and medium size arena shows. Pretty impressive that they hold the top 2 spots for tour $$$$$$$. I am just dreading the next U2 tour. If those bastards ever get close, i will scream like a virgin srtipper at a bucks night.
12-01-03 06:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
" The Stones should charge top dollar for the small theater shows. "

No. no matter what they need to write new music...... alot lesser beings do.
12-01-03 10:57 PM
Boomy I just read a post somewhere that stated that Mick doesn't really like making records anymore. He thinks it's too demanding and he doesn't like the overall feel of it. Seems as though this was published in some magazine.

Well, if that's the case, why force an album out? If you are not determined to make new music, don't do it, it's as simple as that. Why release an album for the sake of releasing?? Just to tour behind a product? BullS*#T!!!
[Written by Slizzy]
[Edited by Boomy]
12-02-03 12:08 AM
glencar Because soemtimes you just have to squeeze shit out. A biological imperative.
12-02-03 06:23 AM
bez85 because if they don't put new songs out they become a nostalgia (sp?) act like the Beach fucking boys..I hate to see the Stones go out like that..
12-02-03 07:33 AM
Boomy I beg to differ. The Stones are a nostalgia act, but there is nothing wrong with that, IMO. What current "working band" charges up to over 300 smackers for top notch seat?? Nostalgia acts do this!!!

Hell, I want them to make an album, but how good could it be if Mick isn't thrilled with making one? You think someone would give him a kick in the butt and tell him to forget about "Goddess In the Doorway"? It seems like he's only interested in how it will sell, and not how it will stand the test of time.
12-02-03 10:37 AM
glencar They don't have to worry about standing the test of time. Their huge discography & record-setting tours combined with their antics over the years guarantee that. And even 40 Licks had 4 new ones on it. Yes, they're a bit of a nostalgia act but not completely - yet.
12-03-03 02:59 PM
oldkr josh you make a good point although you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the mark with the cohl payment scheme , email [email protected] and i'll letcha know how they split the money

OLDKR
12-03-03 05:05 PM
Boomy
quote:
glencar wrote:
$1000 per seat. They need to price at the market level.

You got a point. They'd still sell, because some people are stupid.

But, then the crowd would just be filled with rich, snobby 40+ year olds.

Sounds like fun, don't it!!!
12-03-03 11:01 PM
glencar But then Boomy, they'd be able to lower the ticket prices for larger shows. As one of those 40 year olds, I'd certainly spend big bucks for that sort of show.
Page: 1 2