ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Dublin, December 1993
Thanks Irina!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Martina, the female Jagger of tennis? Return to archive
11-29-03 12:09 PM
Monkey Woman UK Reuters

Martina's our Jagger says French coach
Thu Nov 13,12:31 PM ET

PARIS (Reuters) - Martina Navratilova is the Mick Jagger of women's tennis, according to France's Fed Cup coach Guy Forget.

Reuters Photo

But whereas 60-year-old rock stars can look ridiculous, Forget said Navratilova was still a class act fully worth her place in the American team at the age of 47.

Asked about Navratilova's reappearance on the Fed Cup stage, Forget said on Thursday: "We aren't amazed to see Mick Jagger or Cliff Richard performing at the Parc des Princes... with their skin tight clothes and their long hair, they can look ridiculous.

"But she is at her physical peak, unlike certain rock stars. She is extraordinary."

Navratilova, expected to play doubles in the semi-final against Belgium next week in Moscow, will become the oldest player to compete in the 40-year history of the Fed Cup.

"It's surprising she will be there but it's great," said France's highest-ranked player Amelie Mauresmo.

"I don't think that in 20 years I will still be on the circuit. I may be Fed Cup captain but I won't still be playing."

11-29-03 12:12 PM
Jumping Jack She's probably had more women than Jagger, LOL!
11-29-03 12:25 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
[...]But whereas 60-year-old rock stars can look ridiculous[...]

Those newspapers...always spitting....
11-29-03 06:19 PM
Prodigal Son Uh, Mick is at the peak of his physical condition. Obviously this guy thinks Mick is an old out-of-shape hack, how blind and ignorant of him. He's anything but and it doesn't look emberassing to me. Martina looks pretty impressive for a 47-year old tennis player but Mick is just as outstanding. Just setting the record straight as everyone probably agrees.
11-29-03 06:29 PM
gotdablouse Forget is a dummy as evidenced by his confusing Keith Richards and Cliff Richard.
11-30-03 11:55 AM
Monkey Woman And Forget also confused the Parc des Princes stadium (where the Stones haven't performed since the Urban Jungle tour in 1990) with the Stade de France, where they played in 1998 and 2003. He probably doesn't know much about rock anyway!
11-30-03 02:25 PM
L&A Does he know something about tennis ?
11-30-03 02:51 PM
J.J.Flash LOL
11-30-03 08:19 PM
SHINE A LIGHT could we all just focus on his name....FORGET.....that speaks volumes.
11-30-03 10:38 PM
glencar Is Martina now palying for the French? Isn't she an American? Does she play for the highest bidder?
12-01-03 07:45 AM
Monkey Woman According to that article, she's in the American team. But the French captain obviously remembered the reputation of his countrymen for being gallant to women! LOL!
12-02-03 01:50 AM
glencar Thanks for the clarification!
12-03-03 10:19 AM
jb I am neighbors with the former #2 player in the world, Hanna Manilikova.