ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Dublin, December 1993
Thanks Irina!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie sighting Return to archive
11-29-03 11:42 AM
Hannalee Ronnie, bless his heart, was filling in for HM at the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury racecourse today (he looked a bit chilly up on the podium). He told the C4 interviewer that he was going to be with Sheryl Crowe at the Shepherds Bush Empire next month - I think he said the 8th & 9th.

Other than that he didn't have any definite plans, being up for any musical and/or artistic opportunies.

11-29-03 11:47 AM
Gazza yeah I read that in the paper yesterday - thought it was funny that because the Queen had other commitments, they asked Ronnie Wood to take her place..

Did the winner bow when he was being presented with the Cup?

Pity I wasnt in london next weekend for Sheryl. That would have been a good couple of shows, especially now that Ronnie is playing.
11-29-03 11:47 AM
Monkey Woman That's cool. He's keeping busy, obviously. Good for him!
11-29-03 11:51 AM
Monkey Woman BTW, wasn't it the Queen Mother and not Elisabeth who did the presentation at the Hennessy Cup before? I think I read something about it a few days ago. Of course, Ronnie is a horse breeder himself so he must have known a lot of the participants!
11-29-03 01:10 PM
Gazza Thats correct. Traditionally it was the Queen Mum but since she died last year, the Queen apparently has taken that role if she was available. This year evidently she wasnt
11-30-03 03:20 PM
gypsy The Stones seem to like Sheryl. She's really pretty, smart, and talented. Why all the hatred, Miss U?
11-30-03 03:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels RONALDO!!!! That guy sure gets around.
11-30-03 10:42 PM
glencar Parasite? She's possibly an overexhuberant fan but what's wrong with that?
11-30-03 10:54 PM
LadyJane "Other than that he didn't have any definite plans, being up for any musical and/or artistic opportunies."

Well...let's sign him up for the first annual RO Christmas Party!!

LJ.

12-01-03 05:53 PM
Gazza >I like Sheryl Crowe's music and definitely don't hate her. But her habit of being a stones parasite has turned me off.

yeah but Ronnie is playing at HER show, not the other way 'round...

I'm sure Sheryl hardly would hardly ever get near a stage with the Stones if they didnt ask her to. They like her and they like her music. If she was a 75 year old male blues veteran, I doubt anyone would call her a "Stones parasite".

I've seen her open for the Stones 7 times and I've enjoyed her show each time.

12-01-03 06:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Yeah, but most "blues veterans" don't get to be 75 years old. Or if they do they've slowed down considerably. I take your point though.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12-01-03 06:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Besides those guys don't open for the Stones. The Stones open for them.
12-01-03 06:35 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Besides those guys don't open for the Stones. The Stones open for them.

Uh... No. The Stones never opened for old bluesmen, or perhaps you count their 1st tour in 1963, where they opened for Bo Diddley, among others. And he wasn't a veteran at the time. At the time anyway, the Stones rarely played the same venues as their heroes (segregation era). But as soon as they could plan their own tours, instead of simply going where they were booked, the Stones began hiring the great Black performers as opening acts. But For instand, they had Chuck Berry open for them in 1969, Furry Lewis in 1978 (read about that character in Stanley Booth's book, it's irresistible), and in the Licks tour, Buddy Guy opened for them in Chicago.
12-01-03 06:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Yeah. You're right factually. But I was speaking in metaphysical terms. What perhaps "ought to be". The Stones don't "open" too often. Even though I thought they were a bit crazy to go on AFTER AC/DC.
12-01-03 06:55 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Even though I thought they were a bit crazy to go on AFTER AC/DC.

LOL! Yeah, they should get their heads examined!
12-01-03 07:02 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! The Stones should NEVER play after AC/DC. Just not a good move because AC/DC is so fucking intense.
12-01-03 07:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

LOL! Yeah, they should get their heads examined!

Well it show's they're still blind and arrogant. That's a GOOD sign.
12-01-03 07:10 PM
Monkey Woman Too right!