ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Dublin, December 1993
Thanks Irina!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Iggy POP on Letterman Monday 12/1/03 Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-02-03 04:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man LOL, okay, I am now chilled out.

No thats okay, i don't want the avator. I am very happy with my Stones tounge.

Alex
12-02-03 04:14 PM
Factory Girl Here it is

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000089RVY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
12-02-03 04:15 PM
Factory Girl yep
12-02-03 04:19 PM
Cardinal Fang FG !!

I'm glad to see you finally come around about The Strokes ! They are IMO a "last years model - pretty face - teeny bopper" band. (so I can see why kids like Alex dig them) There is hope for you yet K ! Kings Of Leon are the real deal. Like my brother Marc said, "The Strokes will be opening for Kings Of Leon by next year".

Did you see Iggy last night ? GREAT FUCKING "TV" even though I don't care for Sum 41. Nice to see Iggy on American TV. The part where Iggy goes up to Paul's keyboard & Dave's desk was priceless.

Probably a coincidence but I wonder if the lyric, "Ten Bucks In My Hand" is a response to Bowie's lyric, "Ten Dollars Tore Us Apart ?" From what I understand, these "best friends" are currently not that tight at the moment.

Later, "Little Know It All" :-)
12-02-03 04:21 PM
Factory Girl Hey CF,

I still like the Strokes. No, I missed the Ig on DL.

How are you doing? How is Syphy?
12-02-03 04:31 PM
Cardinal Fang FG !!

We are both doing pretty good. I talked to him the other night. He called me on his cell phone and said, "I'm right by your house and I'll call you when I get home". Never heard back from him. Maybe I should call down at the jail house ?

I'm meeting up face to face with the infamous Sirmoonie tomorrow. Good thing he's a lawyer because we might get arrested ? Anything's possible !! lol

I hope you are well Factory Girl and stay warm !

SYPH, IF you are reading this ? Do you need to make bail ? Do you wanna go with me tomorrow ?

Later, JW
12-02-03 09:15 PM
Gazza >I'm glad to see you finally come around about The Strokes ! They are IMO a "last years model - pretty face - teeny bopper" band. (so I can see why kids like Alex dig them) There is hope for you yet K ! Kings Of Leon are the real deal. Like my brother Marc said, "The Strokes will be opening for Kings Of Leon by next year".

me and Hotlicks went to see the Strokes on sunday night. They were just ok..cant see what all the hype was about to be honest. They only played an hour too. future of rock n roll my ass
12-02-03 11:03 PM
glencar The Strokes were fine at the '02 Hartford show. But no, tehre is no future in rock & roll.
12-03-03 02:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man Im seeing the Strokes on Saturday. Can't fucking wait! Gazza, count yourself lucky you got to see them. If anything, just for the fact that all their UK shows sell out in 10 minutes.

You see to be lucky with concert tickets.

All the Stones UK shows!

Alex
12-03-03 02:40 PM
Factory Girl Have fun Alex!! Embrace the Strokes for me....lol!
12-04-03 03:37 PM
Honky Tonk Man Hey FG, so just how do you sugest i embrace the Strokes. Any tactical suggestions? LOL

Anyway, i have another cd recomendation for you. Pick up a cd called Fever To Tell. It is by a New York group called the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. They are kind of retro punk sounding, but they sound VERY different from all the other good American bands floating around at the moment. The first 6 six songs on the disc are absoloutley mind blowing. They are so good! There are a couple of duff tracks in my opinion, but i figure they are another band worth your while to check out.

Alex
12-05-03 07:57 AM
Zeeta Heard of a band called Selfish Cunt?

fairly good and a crackin' name!!!
12-05-03 08:03 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Hey FG, so just how do you sugest i embrace the Strokes. Any tactical suggestions? LOL

Anyway, i have another cd recomendation for you. Pick up a cd called Fever To Tell. It is by a New York group called the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. They are kind of retro punk sounding, but they sound VERY different from all the other good American bands floating around at the moment. The first 6 six songs on the disc are absoloutley mind blowing. They are so good! There are a couple of duff tracks in my opinion, but i figure they are another band worth your while to check out.

Alex

the yeah yeah yeahs have been the target of mucho hype here in town...

they opened up for the White Stripes at the Greek here in September - they weren't that captivating (the Soledad Bros were much better), but they were also the opening band...
12-05-03 08:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yeah i have Zeeta!

Read an article about them in the NME a couple of weeks ago.

The truth about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs is that in all honesty, i didn't think much of them. Kept reading about them and they ARE really hyped up over here in the music press. But i got to see them for FREE in San Fran. I thought they were amazing. They are very unique really.

Fever To Tell is in fact the only cd with a female singer i own!

Alex
12-05-03 08:38 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Fever To Tell is in fact the only cd with a female singer i own!

if that is true, my friend, you are missing out on...

Sigur Ros
Gillian Welch
Polly Jean Harvey
Rilo Kiley/Postal Service
anything the VU did with Nico
Cocteau Twins
Portishead
Emmylou Harris
Bonnie Raitt

and that is just off the top of my head; I am sure others here who can add to this list. Hell, I'll bet if you ask nicely, Joey and JB might even break it down for you according to religious heritage (and you might not even have to ask ).
12-05-03 08:43 AM
Factory Girl [Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Hey FG, so just how do you sugest i embrace the Strokes. Any tactical suggestions? LOL]

Well, my young Alex, this is a "family board" so use your imagination...LOL But, do give Jules-boy a hug

I'll check out the Yeahs x3, thanks.
You should check out Dirt by Alice in Chains. You will love it, I promise. If you don't love it, feel free to spank me.
12-05-03 08:47 AM
mac_daddy ack! how could I forget Kristen Hersh and the Cowboy Junkies???

oh, and Liz Phair (even if her new stuff sucks, "Exile in Guyville" is one of the best albums of the 90's).
12-05-03 08:47 AM
Zeeta
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

if that is true, my friend, you are missing out on...

Sigur Ros
Gillian Welch
Polly Jean Harvey
Rilo Kiley/Postal Service
anything the VU did with Nico
Cocteau Twins
Portishead
Emmylou Harris
Bonnie Raitt

and that is just off the top of my head; I am sure others here who can add to this list. Hell, I'll bet if you ask nicely, Joey and JB might even break it down for you according to religious heritage (and you might not even have to ask ).

yeah and most importantly PJ Harvey she know how to rock it baby!
Stories from the city, stories from the sea - is one of my fav albums by a female artiste.
12-05-03 08:51 AM
Factory Girl I saw PJ Harvey open for U2.
12-05-03 10:06 AM
Zeeta LOL! U2 should open for her! That's fuct!
12-05-03 10:16 AM
Factory Girl If you are very very altered, U2 put on a good show. Truth.

I'm going to listen to Zooropa now, LOL
12-05-03 10:26 AM
glencar PJ Harvey is a huge Stones fan. And a great singer.
12-05-03 12:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Alex...are you telling me you don't own any Janis Joplin albums?

What about The Distillers? B-52s? The afore-mentioned PJ Harvey? Lucinda Williams? Breeders?

Oh DEAR GOD! You don't have the first Garbage album?

This is bad Alex me boyo, very very bad.
12-05-03 12:43 PM
Factory Girl Bull moose to Alex....rotfl.

I volunteer to spank the bad boy.
12-05-03 04:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man SS, HOW DO YOU KNOW I DON'T OWN ANY OF THOSE ALBUMS?!!

Well actualy, i don't! I have heard Janis Joplin, i have heard PJ Harvy, i have heard and like the Garbage song "Stupid Girl" and i have heard but im not sure whether or not i like the Distellers yet.

Do you like the Von Bondies?

FG, when i win the lottery, i will fly you over to my house to spank me. I need spanking.

Alex
12-05-03 04:21 PM
Factory Girl Alex, I would love to spank you.

Now, check out AIC's "Dirt". Its AMAZING!! You'll love it.

Now, my avatar must pee.
12-05-03 04:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man FG, come to Bravenet Chat

Alex
12-05-03 04:30 PM
Factory Girl Dead Men Peeing.

PS. I don't know how to Bravenet.
12-05-03 04:41 PM
Honky Tonk Man Click on Chat Room, aka The Fun House. Then just click on the Bravenent Chat Room. Easy!

Alex
Page: 1 2