ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Dublin, December 1993
Thanks Irina!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rolling stones tour Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-21-03 05:23 AM
luxury1 Nahhhhh, I still say Blondie is holding for Kieth.
11-22-03 05:36 AM
Moonisup blondie does also fill gaps between the guitar playing of keith and ronnie.. If you listen closely to SFM, on the HBO show bootleg, you can hear an accoustic guitar!!
11-22-03 09:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think Blondie is there just to add a litlle flavour to the songs, where as Chuck is there to fill the gaps. I also think some of Blondies acoustic work is quite tasteful. He sounds good on "Slipping Away". But then again, he just shouldn't be playing guitar on "Satisfaction". The renditions from this tour have all sounded far to slick.

Alex
11-22-03 03:37 PM
T&A folks sometimes forget that the original Satisfaction was propelled by a strumming acoustic guitar - that's what Blondie is trying to recreate...
11-23-03 12:36 AM
Child of the Moon Thing is, I don't wanna hear the record. If I wanted to hear the record, I'd sit at home and listen to Out Of Our Heads, or whatever.

That's my only real beef with the band lately... the "need" to play the records on-stage.
11-25-03 02:46 AM
Jumacfly playing records on stage?? that s clearly the game since steel Wheels...
11-25-03 10:28 AM
T&A that's right and although many of us may not like it - most of the other 10's of thousands in the house do...and if they didn't, the Stones wouldn't still be touring, blah, yadda, blah...

...so this is basically the price we pay...
11-25-03 11:37 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! You know, it would be great if the next album were to be a double album. I'm sure that they have enough tunes in the can to do it. It should have them playing all the styles that they love just like on Exile. They really shouldn't try to focus too much on making it a hit with the teenyboppers, but make it for themselves and their true fans. They have nothing to prove to the younger generation, but I do think that they need a killer song that will rule the airwaves and put them on top again. If they just play the music that made them great to start with, without trying to cash in on the newest fashion then the album will be a huge success. Oh, then bring on a tour with lower ticket prices and you will see many new faces showing up for the shows, Summer of 04! Hot nasty Rock'n Roll the way it should be! Get rid of all the big production stuff and just do arenas, theaters.
11-26-03 10:47 AM
T&A double disc? Actually, I would be much happier with just a good 40-50 minute album. Actually the last two albums have been double discs by lp-length standards - VL is actually longer than EOMS, I believe.

No - we don't need the Stones forcing 2 hours of new tunes on us - I really think albums get "watered down" as it is when they are longer than 40 minutes.
11-28-03 12:37 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! I beg to differ. I understand what you're saying, but if they have enough tunes in the can, I say go for it because we sure don't when we would see another album, if it all. So at this point, I'll take all the new songs I can get!
11-29-03 04:00 AM
littleDave There was a small article in the newspaper this week here in Perth about the Stones touring in 2005. Fingers crossed it happens & they include the remotest capital city in the world on their tour itinerary this time.
11-29-03 08:25 AM
F505 *All the sidemen and -women off the stage.
*Adieu to Scarecrow Blondie, Lisa, Bernard and the Horn section. For years they are repeating themselves.
*Just the Stones, Darryl and a fresh new piano player. *Warhorses in a limited amount.
*No more stadium shows.
*No more new albums.
*Ronnie has to improve his solo playing. He has become really slow,careless and indifferent.
*Just play the good stuff: the jewels Mick and Keith have wriiten in the years 1962-1982.
11-29-03 10:57 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
*No more new albums.

I beg to differ! If the Stones feel the creative juices flowing, why should they stop?
And Lisa is nice to have on board. Think about all the straight guys who will have nothing to rest their eyes on!!!
11-29-03 11:39 AM
F505 There are no creative juices flowing since 1982! The Stones don't make important music anymore. That's why. And for the straight guys: they can go to a peep show or to a concert of Shakira!!!
11-29-03 11:50 AM
caro I'm happy with any new tour concept. Would be even happier if :
*the ticket prices started at 35�
*they changed that awful fake intro to Gimme Shelter
I leave the rest to their sound judgement.
11-29-03 11:55 AM
Monkey Woman Shakira? LOL! As for not making important music... It's a matter of appreciation! There were quite a few good songs on Steel Wheels, VL and BTB. VL had an especially good feel, a spark of enthusiasm and energy very worth some of their former albums. Of course they won't write Satisfaction or JJF again - they don't need to! They already did.
12-02-03 08:56 AM
Boomy What I don't get is why the store at RS.com still has items at full price.

The tour is over, so why not liquidate? I say they should put up a clearance. There is no need to leave all of that crap at regular price and let it collect dust.
Page: 1 2