ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
ABKCO SUCKS!!

Trying to stop thief Allen Klein from releasing unfinished Rolling Stones material.
April 16, 1984
© The Bettmann Archives
Click here to know more how ABKCO is stealing not just the Stones and many others, but also the fans!!
Please--- Add your own comments!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: fark Evil Knievel dead ! nsc Return to archive
30th November 2007 07:16 PM
Daethgod In an era largely absent of heroes, Evel Knievel was a real-life superhero.

Knievel, the caped, two-wheel 1970s showman who jumped cars, trucks and buses even better than the bestselling action-figure version of himself, died Friday, according to his Website.

Knievel was 69, and had been a shadow of his former daredevil self for years.

Born in Montana on Oct. 17, 1938, Knievel went on to become one of the biggest stars of Wide World of Sports, TV's biggest sports showcase, pre-ESPN.

It was on that ABC show that Knievel, clad in a white jumpsuit with red and blue trimmings, would enter an arena, remove his cape, lay down his walking stick and mount a motorcycle. From there, Knievel was game for jumping over just about anything put in front of him. According to Knievel's official biography, a 1975 leap over 14 buses at Kings Island in Ohio found more than half of all TV viewers tuned and locked in.

Knievel was as natural for Hollywood as he was for the toy business. George Hamilton played him in a 1974 big-screen movie, Evel Knievel; CSI's George Eads played him in a 2004 TV movie of the same name.

http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=331095&rss=yes
30th November 2007 08:39 PM
M.O.W.A.T. RIP Evel!

30th November 2007 09:11 PM
Poplar
total stud. beers for Evel tonight.
30th November 2007 09:22 PM
Highwire Rob I also had many hours of pre-pubescent fun with the Evel Knieval stunt cycle. RIP E.K. - Extreme Sportsman ahead of his time!

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
30th November 2007 10:33 PM
Bloozehound Knievel finaly jumped that big snake river canyon in the sky

dude was the legend

30th November 2007 10:41 PM
Scottfree I'm not changing my avatar....
30th November 2007 10:42 PM
nankerphelge He was part of the Axis of Evil
Remember, that was a no brainer!

The Ceasar's jump was most awesome.

There was a disturbance in the chiropractic force tonite!

Snake River was the ultimate preemie!

Long live evil!!!

Or Evel..

Or whatever.....
30th November 2007 10:57 PM
sirmoonie Seriously, that guy was great. He really was. He took booze to heights that us mere weekenders will never understand. How does it go? "Yeah, I think I'll get in some K-Tel rocket and let a bunch of drunk money-sucking retards figure out if the angle is right to hit the other side of the gorge......."

Jesus fucking Christ, may the lord bless the one Evel Knievel. For he is gone and thou art not, sayteth thine.
30th November 2007 11:25 PM
BILL PERKS A TRUE AMERICAN ORIGINAL STUD-BRASS FUCKIN BALLS!
RIP TO MY FIRST HERO
30th November 2007 11:38 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Seriously, that guy was great. He really was. He took booze to heights that us mere weekenders will never understand. How does it go? "Yeah, I think I'll get in some K-Tel rocket and let a bunch of drunk money-sucking retards figure out if the angle is right to hit the other side of the gorge......."

Jesus fucking Christ, may the lord bless the one Evel Knievel. For he is gone and thou art not, sayteth thine.

fuckin right, moonster

two bottles of tequila and a shot of scorpions wouldn't get anyones ass to jump 20 buses on a motorcycle in an elvis suit, but when Evel Knievel breathed in hell got cold, the dude was rock n roll personified

1st December 2007 02:14 AM
Zack Evel rocked. He was more famous for crashing than actually making the jumps! It's a wonder he lasted 69 years with all those broken bones, and the booze.
1st December 2007 02:19 AM
IanBillen
The most renound dare-devil by profession of all time.

He paved the way for those who followed. None after him has ever lived to the legendary status he had, none possibly ever will.

He had the popularity and strange intrique of a dare-devil meets a real life super-hero and became a true "house-hold name".

He, along with Mr. Harry Houdini paved the way for the David Blanes and Chris Angels we have today.

Ian
1st December 2007 10:18 AM
StephenNYC The Caesars Palace fountain disaster in slow motion is fantastic. Evel was a master of self promotion and publicity. Self preservation, no. I would guess his son will cash in on his dad's recent passing and offer up some new fangled, high profile stunt. Missed but not sadly missed.
1st December 2007 10:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >Evel was a master of self promotion and publicity.<

We could all learn from that.
1st December 2007 11:09 AM
gimmekeef He was the Keith Richards of Daredevils....
1st December 2007 04:05 PM
Ade sad news a world famous icon.

Looking forward to the BBC television, 'Top Gear' special, on the man, on Xmas day (UK).
Exclusive interview filmed this summer, reflecting on his life/career, as his health was failing.
1st December 2007 04:34 PM
mojoman its kayne's fault........
1st December 2007 10:21 PM
JohnDoey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
its kayne's fault........

quote:
mojoman wrote:
recipe from mike tysons cookbook?

You clearly do not have the posting gene.

Post like poop.

Speaking of poop. I just took my evening dump.

W-W-W-What?

Oh sure.

1st December 2007 11:04 PM
mojoman
quote:
JohnDoey wrote:

You clearly do not have the posting gene.

Post like poop.

Speaking of poop. I just took my evening dump.

W-W-W-What?

Oh sure.

you make mojoman drink lots of brandy..........
2nd December 2007 08:38 AM
fireontheplatter i forgot all about this guy. i thought he died years ago.

i sort of remember rushing to finish off what i was doing to watch him on the tele...waiting with baited breath to see if he could pull off his next stunt.

i found him very entertaining...there is no way i would try to pull off some of the shit he attempted.

rip

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)