ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
ABKCO SUCKS!!

Trying to stop thief Allen Klein from releasing unfinished Rolling Stones material.
April 16, 1984
© The Bettmann Archives
Click here to know more how ABKCO is stealing not just the Stones and many others, but also the fans!!
Please--- Add your own comments!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stray Cats Appreciation Thread. Return to archive
30th November 2007 01:32 PM
guitarman53 I'm a big fan of The original Stray Cats, they played a concert at Massey Hall in Toronto, March 28/83, not only were they very talented they knocked everybody out, with their showmanship, Brian Setzer is a fantastic guitarist, I remember the Bass player (who played a old up right Bass) chased after him (in fun) & the drummer went back to basics by playing just a simple drum set, standing up, but could rock 'N' Roll with the 50's early rock heroes, I still get a buzz from hearing "C'Mon Everybody" which Sid Vicious tried with that Sex Pistols film "Swindle" but these guys were fantastic, Joe Strummer once said they were his favorite band when they first came out.
1st December 2007 01:35 AM
Throwaway
1st December 2007 03:31 AM
thejuf count me in on this thread! great stuff....
1st December 2007 09:48 AM
rocker The cats are phenominal. I have several of their albums. Thier live video dvd is great.

When i go through rockabilly withdrwals they are a definite fix.

I luv their eddie cochran, c. berry, g. vincent, and b.holly covers too.

1st December 2007 12:18 PM
sirmoonie Didn't those guys use to dress up like elves and do a funny little two step all around the stage? Or am I thinking of another band.
1st December 2007 01:31 PM
Lil Brian Saw them twice back then, the first opening for the Stones in Cedar Falls. The other time they were promoting "Built for Speed". The later show was more like a dance party or dance contest, many couples dressed in 50's era garb, filling the general, standing area. It seemed to inspire the band to a nice performance. Everybody had a great time.
1st December 2007 03:30 PM
Dan I saw Lee Rocker at Amoeba Music in October, it was a really good show though all solo stuff. He is also playing a bay area Amoeba Music tonight, if you are in the area it's worth checking out.
1st December 2007 05:03 PM
open-g Here's Brian Setzer playing in a vintage guitar shop in Japan
infront of a few customers....

man, he rocks

1st December 2007 05:11 PM
JohnDoey This is why the Omaha Summit was one for the ages!

It's raining men! Hallelujah it's raining men! Amen!

[Edited by LBJ]
[Edited by Carson Kressley]
1st December 2007 06:55 PM
poopooslug
quote:
JohnDoey wrote:
This is why the Omaha Summit was one for the ages!

It's raining men! Hallelujah it's raining men! Amen!

[Edited by LBJ]
[Edited by Carson Kressley]

Doey picked me up at my hotel complex (2 room suite with turndown service) and drove us past the brand spanking new Quest Center and we enjoyed a very productive summit at Mr. Toads! (Note: KC was serving the ale)
1st December 2007 08:03 PM
fireontheplatter i do not buy their cds...i just know them from the radio and tv appearances. great band.

we gonna rock till we drop...gonna rock this town inside out.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)