ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
ABKCO SUCKS!!

Trying to stop thief Allen Klein from releasing unfinished Rolling Stones material.
April 16, 1984
© The Bettmann Archives
Click here to know more how ABKCO is stealing not just the Stones and many others, but also the fans!!
Please--- Add your own comments!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: six years ago today.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
30th November 2007 01:45 PM
monkey_man
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
C'mon, Pug, you have to admit that Dino37 hung in there. He was pretty funny. Throwing "newbie" repeatedly in his face had no effect.

Yes. . .it's almost like it wasn't new to him at all. . . hmmm
30th November 2007 01:46 PM
Starbuck
30th November 2007 01:46 PM
jb Understand one thing...it is not howe eloquently written or well versed a post is. rather, it is the simple ability to have people respond, either favorably or unfavorably, to the given stimuli presented therein. I have never claimed to be smarter or a better poster, simply more consistent(and richer) than most. After almost 10 yrs, starting back on Stonesworld, I still get a rise out of some....I think this qualifies as talent.
30th November 2007 01:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Understand one thing...it is not howe eloquently written or well versed a post is. rather, it is the simple ability to have people respond, either favorably or unfavorably, to the given stimuli presented therein. I have never claimed to be smarter or a better poster, simply more consistent(and richer) than most. After almost 10 yrs, starting back on Stonesworld, I still get a rise out of some....I think this qualifies as talent.

True, although I cannot understand how Bartlett, IL (A fine American Community) has a higher average income than Boca Raton, FL...but that is for a later date.

Facts are facts, the boards are dead unless the key players stir it up, some of them are our allies and some our foes, but we all accomplish the same goal of entertaining the masses and making dreams come true.
30th November 2007 01:52 PM
Starbuck
quote:
I sense a love connection!

30th November 2007 01:52 PM
Fiji Joe Proof of my superiority is the sheer number of twits it takes to match my posting skills...3 and counting...enter Joey and it will be just like old times...I liken it to classic comedy vs. gratuitous fluff

Fiji

vs.

Team Tardite

30th November 2007 01:55 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Yes. . .it's almost like it wasn't new to him at all. . . hmmm

I thought this same sentiment...I personally feel Dino was hand picked by Pug for jb...you know, a tune up before the Tyson fight...I was surprised as any he threw in the towel so early

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
30th November 2007 01:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Proof of my superiority is the sheer number of twits it takes to match my posting skills...3 and counting...enter Joey and it will be just like old times...I liken it to classic comedy vs. gratuitous fluff

Fiji

vs.

Team Tardite

Our feud goes back further than the Ric Flair/Dusty Rhodes fued! Its been a good run....this all started when you suggested you were going to come to Chicago and skin my pugs and broil them for your dining enjoyment.

Last month, my wife and I went antiquing.....we found several of Fiji Joes quality posts!

(see: Bell is ringing, let's see Pavlov Joe come a runnin'!!)

I am still ready to unite to end the outside threat if need be though.
30th November 2007 01:59 PM
LadyJane This is like a big homecoming party or, better yet, a family reunion.

LJ.
30th November 2007 01:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I thought this same sentiment...I personally feel Dino was hand picked by Pug for jb...you know, a tune up before the Tyson...I was surprised as any he threw in the towel so early

Sadly, someone hand picked App State as a tune up for Michigan....I guess it always doesn't work out.

Anyone want to speculate as to who Dino really was or if he is truly a new Rocks Off member? One things for sure, it's not me. I do not hide behind false identities. I have not, will not, and do not use aliases, they are the acts of real cowards and Terribles.
30th November 2007 02:00 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am still ready to unite to end the outside threat if need be though.

I think the word I'm looking for from you is "uncle"...say it

30th November 2007 02:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
This is like a big homecoming party or, better yet, a family reunion.

LJ.

It really wasnt fair to the true fans (like us) to see this once proud board become a site to discuss Springsteen, Dylan, Beatles, and Led Zeppelin constantly, we felt it was time to "take it back" for the people!
30th November 2007 02:01 PM
Starbuck
30th November 2007 02:04 PM
jb
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

I look good there..I am now all gray and have a Charlie 1975 haircut...
30th November 2007 02:04 PM
gypsy
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

Sheesh, I'd hate to be your barber...there's no discernable hairline. That is one odd-shaped melon.
30th November 2007 02:05 PM
gypsy
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

jb is tall, dark and handsome!
30th November 2007 02:09 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

jb is tall, dark and handsome!

Thanks...that was the day I took LJ to Bal Harbor and we had lunch at Neiman Marcus. It seems a long time ago....
30th November 2007 02:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I think the word I'm looking for from you is "uncle"...say it

tsk tsk tsk Lil Fij.....sadly Joey is not in his office today or it would truly be like old times....when does your upper management return to the boards??
30th November 2007 02:10 PM
Fiji Joe
30th November 2007 02:11 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

tsk tsk tsk Lil Fij.....sadly Joey is not in his office today or it would truly be like old times....when does your upper management return to the boards??

hmmmmmmmmmmm
30th November 2007 02:11 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

Thanks...that was the day I took LJ to Bal Harbor and we had lunch at Neiman Marcus. It seems a long time ago....

3 1/2 years ago, my friend.
You were one of the FIRST RO'ers I ever met.

LJ.
30th November 2007 02:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I look good there..I am now all gray and have a Charlie 1975 haircut...

and the bowels of a 84 year old man!!!
30th November 2007 02:12 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

3 1/2 years ago, my friend.
You were one of the FIRST RO'ers I ever met.

LJ.

I'm sorry!!!
30th November 2007 02:13 PM
gypsy And here I thought you'd come back with a gold digger remark. But it's just another one of your standard photo retorts. I'm not impressed.
30th November 2007 02:13 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

It has been fun Pug, Sadly, there are some who cannot resist making things personal...the art of post is lost on some...for others, they're just too hopped on medication to know any better...As they say, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
30th November 2007 02:18 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

It has been fun Pug, Sadly, there are some who cannot resist making things personal...the art of post is lost on some...for others, they're just too hopped on medication to know any better...As they say, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye

Obviously, the above sentiment does not apply to you, as you have sunk really, really low over the past couple of years. Grasping at straws, Feej. Go back to the henhouse and see if you can't find some more gossip to use.
30th November 2007 02:19 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

I'm sorry!!!

Sorry for what???
Is it true the Sheraton Bal Harbour has been torn down???
Trump erecting condos?????
I loved that pool!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
30th November 2007 02:19 PM
Starbuck
quote:

30th November 2007 02:20 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Sheesh, I'd hate to be your barber...there's no discernable hairline. That is one odd-shaped melon.

Sorry boys...but this post marks victory...I see this as the proverbial "throwing in the towel"...where things go from entertaining, to base and lacking any intellectual thought whatsoever...I expected this fight to last longer...but you're only as good as your weakest link...lose that zero and get you a hero

30th November 2007 02:22 PM
Starbuck
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)