ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
ABKCO SUCKS!!

Trying to stop thief Allen Klein from releasing unfinished Rolling Stones material.
April 16, 1984
© The Bettmann Archives
Click here to know more how ABKCO is stealing not just the Stones and many others, but also the fans!!
Please--- Add your own comments!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ten Years After Appreciation Thread. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11th November 2007 02:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This my humble collection of TYA stuff, only three CDs LOL but practically the whole collection of official albums (LPs), just missing "Let it Rock" (in fact I have never listened to it)

11th November 2007 02:48 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
This my humble collection of TYA stuff, only three CDs LOL but practically the whole collection of official albums (LPs), just missing "Let it Rock" (in fact I have never listened to it)

wow, thats quite a collection. i really know nothing about this band really. all i know is what little they play of them on the radio.
i was a tad buzzed when i made my initial comments because the poster was comparing these guys to tull...and i like tull better.

nevermind....carry on.
11th November 2007 02:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now it's trivia time babies

• Mention who (Rolling Stones member) appears in a TYA and/or Alvin Lee album not just playing several instruments but composing too (BTW, a song that only appears in this album). ANSWERED: RONNIE WOOD
  • Mention who (Rolling Stones member) has toured with TYA and/or Alvin Lee. ANSWERED: MICK TAYLOR
  • Mention who (Rolling Stones member) has jammed live on stage with TYA and/or Alvin Lee.
  • Mention a movie star who has jammed with Mick Taylor and with Alvin Lee.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
11th November 2007 02:54 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Now it's trivia time babies

• Mention a Rolling Stone member who appears in a TYA and/or Alvin Lee album not just playing several instruments but composing too (BTW, a song that only appears in this album).
  • Mention who has toured with TYA and/or Alvin Lee.
  • Mention who has jammed live on stage with TYA and/or Alvin Lee.
  • Mention and movie star who has jammed with Mick Taylor and with Alvin Lee.

no idea
no idea
no idea
and
no idea

well maybe the answer to the second question would be ron wood
11th November 2007 02:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No, the answer to the second question is NOT Ronnie. BTW, the first three questions are for any of the 8 Rolling Stones members, otherwise the answer would be very easy LOL
11th November 2007 03:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have a video with a 35 minutes version of "I can't keep from crying sometimes" that it's not on YouTube yet, will try to upload but in the meantime the same song performed live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970

11th November 2007 04:00 PM
mojoman what politician is featured on the cover of one of alvin lee's albums?
11th November 2007 04:04 PM
mojoman
quote:
No, the answer to the second question is NOT Ronnie. BTW, the first three questions are for any of the 8 Rolling Stones members, otherwise the answer would be very easy LOL

woody appears on alvins solo effort with mylon lefevre
11th November 2007 04:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Right! He appears on the album "On The Road To Freedom" by Alvin Lee and Mylon LeFevre. By mistake I didn't include this album in the above picture as I listened to it recently when it was mentioned here at Rocks Off some days ago.

So here's the cover LOL

In this album Ronnie Wood writes the song "Let'em say what they will" (both music and lyrics) and plays 12 sting guitar on "So sad (no love of his own)" and Guitars, bass and drums on his song.
11th November 2007 04:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
mojoman wrote:
what politician is featured on the cover of one of alvin lee's albums?

No idea but not in any of the albums in my picture, I saw them all.

11th November 2007 04:30 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Now it's trivia time babies

• Mention a Rolling Stone member who appears in a TYA and/or Alvin Lee album not just playing several instruments but composing too (BTW, a song that only appears in this album).
  • Mention who (Rollin Stones member) has toured with TYA and/or Alvin Lee.
  • Mention who (Rollin Stones member) has jammed live on stage with TYA and/or Alvin Lee.
  • Mention a movie star who has jammed with Mick Taylor and with Alvin Lee.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]

Ron Wood
Mick Taylor of course (great boots available, too!)
Woody
Steve Gould???
11th November 2007 04:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
In this album Ronnie Wood writes the song "Let'em say what they will" (both music and lyrics) and plays 12 sting guitar on "So sad (no love of his own)" and Guitars, bass and drums on his song.

According to a note in the "Collector's new" by Nico Zentgraf the CD version has an alternate take of "So sad" (Ref http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/news2004.htm )

What is new for me is that in the Woodworks book by Nico Zentgraf again, apparently Ron Wood plays in all songs

http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/rw/Wood1.htm

731102A 2nd November: ALVIN LEE & MYLON LEFEVRE.
LP ‘On The Road To Freedom’ (Chrysalis Records 32729). Producer: Alvin Lee.
Sound engineers: Harold Burgon and Andy Jaworski. Recorded at Space Studio
(Alvin Lee's homestudio), Woodcote, England in August. Incl.
- So Sad (George Harrison) -George Harrison on guitar, bass and backing vocals,
Mick Fleetwood on drums
- Fallen Angel (Alvin Lee) -Steve Winwood on piano, Jim Capaldi on drums
and percussion
- We Will Shine (Mylon Lefevre) -Steve Winwood on piano
- Let ‘Em Say What They Will (RW) -Tim Hinckley on piano
Basic line-up: RW (gtr, bass, dr)/Alvin Lee (gtr, bass, voc)/Mylon Lefevre (voc, gtr,
perc)
Note: RW plays bass on ‘We Will Shine’ and guitar, bass and drums on his self-penned
‘Let ‘Em Say What They Will’

This is 100% new to me as in the album credits Ron Wood appears only in a couple of tracks.
11th November 2007 04:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

Ron Wood
Mick Taylor of course (great boots available, too!)
Woody
Steve Gould???

Well, the first and the second answers are OK, one of them already explained in detail

The third and the fourth are wrong, Woody only played in the studio with them.

Yes, Mick Taylor is the answer for the second question, he toured with Alvin Lee, first in Europe and then in the USA in some shows they were the opening act for Black Sabbath... LOL two of the best guitar players together opening for Sabbath!!!)

To honor your answer I'm going to upload a music file from that tour
11th November 2007 06:20 PM
Throwaway
quote:

Well, the first and the second answers are OK, one of them already explained in detail

The third and the fourth are wrong, Woody only played in the studio with them.

Yes, Mick Taylor is the answer for the second question, he toured with Alvin Lee, first in Europe and then in the USA in some shows they were the opening act for Black Sabbath... LOL two of the best guitar players together opening for Sabbath!!!)

To honor your answer I'm going to upload a music file from that tour

Odd bill with them and Sabbath...boogie woogie blues meets metal?? But those 81-82 (I think) shows are real hot..though Alvin is obviously the "frontman", MT gets his share of solos and makes the most of em (i e "Goin Through the Door")
11th November 2007 06:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ok, here is an MP3 file of Alvin Lee Band featuring Mick Taylor, if someone is interested in listening PLEASE download it and then play it, it will be ok for both, you will have it in your hard drive and we'll save bandwidth

So download and play it loud, check the solos!!

http://www.rocksoff.org/h7-alvinleebandfeaturingmicktaylorlive1981.mp3
11th November 2007 07:07 PM
mojoman
quote:

No idea but not in any of the albums in my picture, I saw them all.

alvin lee's pumpin iron lp features arnold schwarzenegger on the cover
11th November 2007 07:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
mojoman wrote:

alvin lee's pumpin iron lp features arnold schwarzenegger on the cover

LOL didn't know that, of course I have "Pump Iron!" (you can see it in the picture above); the guy in the album cover is too brownie to be Arnold, and Arnold's tits are bigger LOL

The credits for the cover say

Photography: Richard Davis
Design: John Berg abd Gerardo Huerta
Body painting: Roger Huyssen and Gerardo Huerta

This is the cover:

11th November 2007 07:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm gonna add a question to the trivia:

• 1.- Mention who (Rolling Stones member) appears in a TYA and/or Alvin Lee album not just playing several instruments but composing too (BTW, a song that only appears in this album). ANSWERED: RONNIE WOOD
  • 2.- Mention who (Rolling Stones member) has toured with TYA and/or Alvin Lee. ANSWERED: MICK TAYLOR
  • 3.- Mention who (Rolling Stones member) has jammed live on stage with TYA and/or Alvin Lee.
  • 4.- Mention a movie star who has jammed with Mick Taylor and with Alvin Lee.
  • 5.- Mention at least one side musician who has participated with the Rolling Stones and with TYA and/or Alvin Lee.
12th November 2007 09:06 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Two shows available to listen on line and for free
12th November 2007 09:13 AM
guitarman53
quote:
Two shows available to listen on line and for free

Thank you so much for this, a real treasure.
12th November 2007 10:59 AM
Blowey ********Morning poo complete********

Many bones.

BROWN STINKY!!!!!

H.R. Blowin' Stuff!!!! Established mere days ago!
13th November 2007 12:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

© Jeff Albertson
13th November 2007 12:59 AM
Zack To paraphrase Bill Perks, this thread is being overrun by morons.

As for TYA, I just love their first album and their second, Undead. A Space in Time was their creative peak, with by far their best songwriting. Live shows never failed to please (I saw Alvin a couple of times in the early 80s), and the new Fillmore album nicely supplants Recorded Live, which I used to love.

Furthermore, I have never seen a photo of Alvin Lee not wearing a pair of white clogs.
13th November 2007 09:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Zack wrote:
To paraphrase Bill Perks, this thread is being overrun by morons.

13th November 2007 04:41 PM
TomL I loved Ten Years After and even saw Alvin Lee solo many times. I have a pic where Alvin was making faces into the camera.
13th November 2007 09:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Appreciation threads sometimes suck (the big one) I love TYA between many many bands and many genres from the good old days, mid 60s to mid 70s mainly

Since nobody seems to care to answer the trivia here you go:

• 1.- Mention who (Rolling Stones member) appears in a TYA and/or Alvin Lee album not just playing several instruments but composing too (BTW, a song that only appears in this album). ANSWERED: RONNIE WOOD (in detail see above)
  • 2.- Mention who (Rolling Stones member) has toured with TYA and/or Alvin Lee. ANSWERED: MICK TAYLOR with a cool MP3 file with great solos (see above)
  • 3.- Mention who (Rolling Stones member) has jammed live on stage with TYA and/or Alvin Lee. ANSWER: MICK TAYLOR he jammed with Alvin Lee on September 24, 1997 at the Lycabettus Theatre in Athens, Greece (hi Fotini ); other musician were John Mayall, Alvin Lee, Rick Wakeman, Max Middleton, Jeff Allen, Kuma Harada, Snowy White and Michael Bailey.
  • 4.- Mention a movie star who has jammed with Mick Taylor and with Alvin Lee. ANSWER: Bruce Willis!!!

Some pix for ya

Bruce Willis and the Accelerators, March 1996

• 5.- Mention at least one side musician who has participated with the Rolling Stones and with TYA and/or Alvin Lee. ANSWER: Mel Collins

13th November 2007 10:09 PM
mojoman
quote:
Appreciation threads sometimes suck (the big one) I love TYA between many many bands and many genres from the good old days, mid 60s to mid 70s mainly

Since nobody seems to care to answer the trivia here you go:

• 1.- Mention who (Rolling Stones member) appears in a TYA and/or Alvin Lee album not just playing several instruments but composing too (BTW, a song that only appears in this album). ANSWERED: RONNIE WOOD (in detail see above)
  • 2.- Mention who (Rolling Stones member) has toured with TYA and/or Alvin Lee. ANSWERED: MICK TAYLOR with a cool MP3 file with great solos (see above)
  • 3.- Mention who (Rolling Stones member) has jammed live on stage with TYA and/or Alvin Lee. ANSWER: MICK TAYLOR he jammed with Alvin Lee on September 24, 1997 at the Lycabettus Theatre in Athens, Greece (hi Fotini ); other musician were John Mayall, Alvin Lee, Rick Wakeman, Max Middleton, Jeff Allen, Kuma Harada, Snowy White and Michael Bailey.
  • 4.- Mention a movie star who has jammed with Mick Taylor and with Alvin Lee. ANSWER: Bruce Willis!!!

Some pix for ya

Bruce Willis and the Accelerators, March 1996

• 5.- Mention at least one side musician who has participated with the Rolling Stones and with TYA and/or Alvin Lee. ANSWER: Mel Collins

thanks voodoo!!! bruce willis opened this past summer for joe walsh
13th November 2007 10:21 PM
Zack
quote:

I am referring to Jethro Tull comparisons and LSD debates Voodoo. They seem to have gone away for a moment.
14th November 2007 04:19 PM
Tom
quote:
Two shows available to listen on line and for free

Listening, thanks for the links
14th November 2007 04:40 PM
TomL Voo all those albums bring back so many memories, I have allot of them. Someone stole In fright and I have never been able to find it again. RR Music to the world.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)