ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
ABKCO SUCKS!!

Trying to stop thief Allen Klein from releasing unfinished Rolling Stones material.
April 16, 1984
© The Bettmann Archives
Click here to know more how ABKCO is stealing not just the Stones and many others, but also the fans!!
Please--- Add your own comments!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ten Years After Appreciation Thread. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th November 2007 03:52 PM
guitarman53 In '69 the "ScHHHHH" album was released by Ten Years After, it was a fantastic blues album, then Woodstock happened & it was "Goin' Home" which made them well 'Known, I was a big fan of TYA, "Stonehenge" was made before that, & it was a great album, I don't hear to much about them today, but I'd rather TYA then Jethro Tull, I was wondering how others felt about Ten Years After.
9th November 2007 04:13 PM
Dan I saw them in 1999 at the House Of Blues at what ended up being the last show to date with the original lineup. Great show, and only $20.
9th November 2007 04:24 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
In '69 the "ScHHHHH" album was released by Ten Years After, it was a fantastic blues album, then Woodstock happened & it was "Goin' Home" which made them well 'Known, I was a big fan of TYA, "Stonehenge" was made before that, & it was a great album, I don't hear to much about them today, but I'd rather TYA then Jethro Tull, I was wondering how others felt about Ten Years After.

are you fucking kidding me....how the hell are you comparing tya to jethro tull who has put out lots of albums.
sure the recording [s] from woodstock are great but man...you need to start drinking better vodka and smoking better dope.....think about what you're saying here.

go now and sit in a corner and crank aqualung as loud as possible.

9th November 2007 04:36 PM
guitarman53
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

are you fucking kidding me....how the hell are you comparing tya to jethro tull who has put out lots of albums.
sure the recording [s] from woodstock are great but man...you need to start drinking better vodka and smoking better dope.....think about what you're saying here.

go now and sit in a corner and crank aqualung as loud as possible.

Jethrol Tull Suck!! I always like blues rock! Ian Anderson does not fucking rock for me, they don't Rock 'N' Roll.
9th November 2007 04:45 PM
mrhipfl I LOVE TYA. They're one of the first bands I really got into. Favorites are "I'd love to change the world," "highway of love," "rock n' roll music to the world," and so many more. Under appreciated imo
9th November 2007 04:53 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Jethrol Tull Suck!! I always like blues rock! Ian Anderson does not fucking rock for me, they don't Rock 'N' Roll.

of course they do

you are so dead wrong....but thats cool if you don't think so. you are entitled to your opinion. lets make a law suit out of this.

when was the last time you listened to....a song for jeffory?

9th November 2007 05:12 PM
Throwaway Baby wont you let me...rock and roll you

Their live @ the Fillmore album is a must-hear...check it out if you love blues/blues-rock/Berry-inspired rock and roll!
9th November 2007 05:15 PM
lotsajizz I tolerate Tull, I LIKE TYA
9th November 2007 05:23 PM
Dan
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

you need to start drinking better vodka and smoking better dope.....

I have a friend who is way into Tull. He also smokes way too much good dope, so I am sure there is some sort of connection there.
9th November 2007 05:32 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Dan wrote:

I have a friend who is way into Tull. He also smokes way too much good dope, so I am sure there is some sort of connection there.

sounds like you're hanging out with the right people...just hope they don't look anything like your avatar.
9th November 2007 05:45 PM
guitarman53
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I tolerate Tull, I LIKE TYA

With Ten Years After, You don't need to smoke so much dope, just Rock 'N' Roll in the old sense of the word, anybody that needs to smoke so much dope, would probably would love The Carpenters, & they made fantastic records, I love the blues, Paul Butterfield Blues Band is another band that is fantastic.
9th November 2007 05:50 PM
mojoman
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
In '69 the "ScHHHHH" album was released by Ten Years After, it was a fantastic blues album, then Woodstock happened & it was "Goin' Home" which made them well 'Known, I was a big fan of TYA, "Stonehenge" was made before that, & it was a great album, I don't hear to much about them today, but I'd rather TYA then Jethro Tull, I was wondering how others felt about Ten Years After.

i like TYA alot. but i love tull. i 'm not much of guitarist but i prefer martin barre. cricklewood is probably my fave studio and recorded live is great. the fillmore set that was released a few years back is excellent also. the alvin lee/mylon lefevre release is my favorite by alvin period.
9th November 2007 05:51 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

With Ten Years After, You don't need to smoke so much dope, just Rock 'N' Roll in the old sense of the word, anybody that needs to smoke so much dope, would probably would love The Carpenters, & they made fantastic records, I love the blues, Paul Butterfield Blues Band is another band that is fantastic.

i'm on top of the world looking down on creation...the ony explanation i can find. its the love that i found ever since you've been around...you just put me at the top of the world. ok, maybe i missed and forgot one or two words.....great tune. i own the cd.

better than anything tya ever wrote....besides she was a lot cuter.
9th November 2007 06:20 PM
guitarman53
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i'm on top of the world looking down on creation...the ony explanation i can find. its the love that i found ever since you've been around...you just put me at the top of the world. ok, maybe i missed and forgot one or two words.....great tune. i own the cd.

better than anything tya ever wrote....besides she was a lot cuter.

God! I can 't understand that, maybe I should do LSD 25, that was so beautiful in '69.
9th November 2007 06:27 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

God! I can 't understand that, maybe I should do LSD 25, that was so beautiful in '69.

windowpain was the best....i still believe i have some left over....should i send some your way?
now, that can't be to hard to understand now.

it sounds like you missed out on a good time.....

sitting on a park bench....eyeing little gils with bad intent.

10th November 2007 12:37 AM
guitarman53
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

windowpain was the best....i still believe i have some left over....should i send some your way?
now, that can't be to hard to understand now.

it sounds like you missed out on a good time.....

sitting on a park bench....eyeing little gils with bad intent.

Window pain was just blother acid, I took the real stuff, all this blother acid wasn't true L.S.D. I took the sugar cube.
10th November 2007 07:46 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Window pain was just blother acid, I took the real stuff, all this blother acid wasn't true L.S.D. I took the sugar cube.

you make me say 'huh?'
10th November 2007 08:46 AM
HouseboyKnows Every Stones fan needs to own a copy of "Alvin Lee in Tennesee". The entire CD is full of Chuck Berry/Keith/boogie style grooves and licks demonstrating that he was a master of this form with a better technical expertise than just about anyone practicing this style. Simply amazing. I play it at least once a month.

HBK
10th November 2007 08:56 AM
lotsajizz Tull is dull
10th November 2007 09:00 AM
guitarman53
quote:
HouseboyKnows wrote:
Every Stones fan needs to own a copy of "Alvin Lee in Tennesee". The entire CD is full of Chuck Berry/Keith/boogie style grooves and licks demonstrating that he was a master of this form with a better technical expertise than just about anyone practicing this style. Simply amazing. I play it at least once a month.

HBK

Alvin lee is a fantastic guitartist, as for the Acid, you've got to take the real stuff to know what it's all about, the Blother Acid just makes you laugh a lot, but on LSD 25, it's a 3 day trip, stay away from the brown acid, & don't touch STP (a bad trip, man)
[Edited by guitarman53]
10th November 2007 09:07 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Alvin lee is a fantastic guitartist, as for the Acid, you've got to take the real stuff to know what it's all about, the Blother Acid just makes you laugh a lot, but on LSD 25, it's a 3 day trip, stay away from the brown acid, & don't touch STP (a bad trip, man)
[Edited by guitarman53]

It is rapidly becoming clear that you don't undersstand that LSD is LSD. The right stuff on a blotter is as good as a dosed sugar cube. The mode of intake--be it blotter (why do you keep mis-spelling it?), sugar cubes, eye drops, whatever--matters not. What DOES matter is the LSD itself--quality and dosage.
[Edited by lotsajizz]
10th November 2007 09:49 AM
guitarman53 There is a difference between Blotter acid & LSD 25, it's not even the same, period, I've taken Blotter acid lots of times, & it's not like the real thing, pure LSD 25 can put you on a trip for 3 days, blotter acid is like smoking real strong grass.
10th November 2007 11:27 AM
lotsajizz Dude, you don't get it...'blotter' is not a kind of LSD. It is merely a medium for its transport. The blotter is as good as what you put on it.
10th November 2007 07:12 PM
guitarman53
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Dude, you don't get it...'blotter' is not a kind of LSD. It is merely a medium for its transport. The blotter is as good as what you put on it.

Yes, Dude, I do get it, have you ever experienced real LSD? until you do, then tell me all about it, I'm talking about LSD in the late 60's, not this shit that's going on today, & yes, DUDE, I do get it, can you come up with some word except DUDE! that is so fucking lame!
10th November 2007 07:17 PM
fireontheplatter i thought this thread was about comparing a band that lasted for 2 weeks as opposed to tull who has lasted years and years.
10th November 2007 08:49 PM
guitarman53
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i thought this thread was about comparing a band that lasted for 2 weeks as opposed to tull who has lasted years and years.

I can tell you, that Ten Years after lasted more then 2 Weeks, Tull lasted for years, but were they blues rock?
10th November 2007 09:59 PM
mojoman
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

I can tell you, that Ten Years after lasted more then 2 Weeks, Tull lasted for years, but were they blues rock?

as far as tull is concerned after mick abrahams left their blues focus was lost. after stonedhenge TYA lost their "purity " whether they were a better band was in the ears of the listener, i think they were. the limits of TYA probably caused them to disintigrate along with lee's popularity.
11th November 2007 07:17 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Yes, Dude, I do get it, have you ever experienced real LSD? until you do, then tell me all about it, I'm talking about LSD in the late 60's, not this shit that's going on today, ...

I've tripped literally hundreds of times; enough to know your confusion over the drug and its medium, as well as your ignorance in equating some acid you've allegedly tried recently with what you supposedly took four decades ago, means that you're full of shit.
As most Tull fans are....
11th November 2007 02:03 PM
fireontheplatter ron wood used to call jethro tull...jethro dull back in the day. he says so in his book.
pretty funny, i thought.
11th November 2007 02:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ten Years After was one of my bands in the early 70s and yes I used to listen to them high

To compare TYA with Jethro Tull is not fair as you are not comparing apples to apples.

It's strange that we are finishing the first page and we don't have pix, videos, stones connections, etc

So... here we go

Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)